What is your Dead by Daylight Unpopular Opinion?

What is your Dead by Daylight Unpopular Opinion? Something that goes against the social norm. Do you think nurse is the worst character in the game? Do you think that clown ISNT a gassy boi? Leave your opinion below!

I'll start: I personally think that Legion was a better addition than Clown or Spirit.

ยซ1

Comments

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    edited April 2019

I think Hag, Myers and Huntress are overrated.

Seriously, Myers doesnt have anything to combat looping, just his increased vault speed, which makes him a Billy without his speed/mobility.

Huntress is just soooo easy to loop due to her 110%ms + even slower speed when charging her hatches.

And Hag has little to no lunge when she teleports that it's too easy to just run in the other direction and avoid her hits, + you can cancel her power with a flashlight.

Edit:

Also, I think Pig is the best licensed killer.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Crouch tunneling is okay.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Scratchmarks OP

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

My unpopular opinion, is that Billy is incomparable to Hag and Spirit because of the reasons I listed above.

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836

Rather than some 5 year plan, Iโ€™d rather them scrap Dead by Daylight entirely.

The perk, item, and add-on systems were a mistake. They present nothing but a grind and too many variables to balance.

Start fresh with a sequel, and create a much better foundation this time.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

Legion never was the most annoying killer to deal with, Doc is, people just jumped on Legion because he was the most "recent fuckup" of the devs.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I do not see the appeal of what makes Billy so fun and meta. Maybe itโ€™s because I have issues with high speed action, but both Billy and Legion are uncomfortable and disorientating to use.

NEW ds should be buffed to work on second and third hooks. It should pause when killer is on attack cool down and missed checks shouldnโ€™t disable it.

Freddy only needs buffs, then heโ€™d be solid. He is actually pretty good and does not need a rework.

Lightweight and stake out are best survivor perks.

Swf should have 1 perk taken away for every member and killers should gain a 50/75/100% bonus bp stack for dealing with them. Killers should also gain a perk for every member. You want to gloat and wave your e-p around? Donโ€™t be afraid of a little challenge.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

I consider SWF who are using 3th party programs to communicate as cheating and ruining my fun of the game on both sides.

It removes the horror of isolation on the survivor side and sometimes SWFs screw you over on purpose.

On killer side I dislike SWFs because they dictate how I have to play the game because by having access to voice the make some perks absolutely useless and throw the entire in game rules and usual tactical plays out of the window. I cannot isolate and misdirected a survivor because 1-3 other survivors are helping the victim out.

They are either extremely over altruistic and throwing the game or coordinated and screw you over by accessing additional information not intended or implemented in the regular game.

I think this is especially appalled that right now we have the ban banner that literally state that there are "exploits that could potentially be abused to ruin the enjoyment of others."

This would be my definition of SWFs using voice to ruin the enjoyment of other survivors and the killer.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Devour Hope is a fun Perk.

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

The perk variety is HUGE. Especially as a survivor.

• Pandifer
    Pandifer Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2019

Iron will, plunderer's, small game, and balanced landing is the perfect build. I love it. And every game plays differently, depending on what I yoink from a chest, which is fun.

• No1TheLarch
    No1TheLarch Member Posts: 221

The devs refuse to nerf nurse's basic kit (ie the speed of short range blinks that in very skilled hands make her unbeatable even by the best survivors) because they themselves are unskilled with her and cannot see the problem. Also they refuse to see how poor Wraith and freddy are getting bullied because they can win with them at rank 15.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Trapper is a horribly underrated killer.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Your win condition as the killer isn't all based on the survivors mistakes, most of it is based on your skill as the killer.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

Spirit is easy.

• tt_ivi_99

@Poweas

I dont know man, maybe it's because I havent faced a good Hag yet but I feel like her traps are not strong at all, she gets decreased ms and decreased lunge range and I've never really had a problem dealing with that killer...

Some people think it's a nightmare to face a Hag but I personally find Trapper way scarier tbh, the fact that he can place traps that actually injure you and leave you completely vulnerable makes me think twice when I try to loop somewhere near grass...

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

Well, i think it's your opinion but playing immersed it's not better than agressive.

But it's your opinion so i'll respect it.

• Poweas

@tt_ivi_99 add me on steam, and I'll show you what I mean if I get the time to play.

• tt_ivi_99

@Poweas

Sorry man, Ps4 player. If I was a Pc player I would be playing Nurse and not Billy ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Poweas

@tt_ivi_99 that's your problem, there's not much good console Hags. Viet was a god tier one, I was a god tier Hag.

I don't know about others though. I dominate on PC though.

• shinymon
    shinymon Member Posts: 298

Trapper is more daddy than Myers.

• No1TheLarch
    No1TheLarch Member Posts: 221

Be nice to poor spirit, Ren deserves hugs not more abuse PepeHands.

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

I so agree with this. It should be called selfish care for survivors wasting time with it not doing objectives

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    edited April 2019

Killer is infinitely more fun to play as than survivor right now.

• LegionnaireWyatt
    LegionnaireWyatt Member Posts: 17

Legion was fine to play and fight, the only change needed was the terror radius reliant timer on deep wound to remove moonwalking.