Current Killer tier list

SaltyKiller
SaltyKiller Member Posts: 474
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

I'll edit this later if this gets enough feedback. Given the shitshow that was that E-Sports tournament this seems timely.

S+ : Nurse. Cannot be looped and has map control. Greatly benefits from Make Your Choice just like Hag. Downside: she is the hardest Killer in the entire game to git gud with. Needs add-ons to give her a 3rd Blink.

S: Hillbilly. Has map control and can instant down. Arguably one of the few Killers that doesn't absolutely require add-ons to be good with. Some argue that he doesn't need Ruin. Fairly easy to use except when dealing with Survivors who can 360. Downside: can still get looped and window vaults take away the threat of getting chainsawed.

A+: Huntress. The hatchets give her a ranged attack, can shut down certain loops, another Killer that (like Hillbilly) doesn't require add-ons to be good with. Benefits greatly from Tinkerer (machine gun Hatchets!)* Downside: can get looped very, very badly in certain spots and her lower speed. Has no stealth whatsoever because of her directional humming. Certain waist-high obstacles block the Hatchet (thanks devs!). Certain maps are agony for Huntress. Going to a locker to refill on Hatchets is excessively annoying and subject to which map she gets.

A: Pig. Only Killer in the game whose power can buy extra time. Has mobile Insidious. Aside from Myers she is the only other Killer that can kill Survivors without needing a Mori (even if it's exceedingly rare). Her power greatly benefits from end-game perks like NOED, Blood Warden and Remember Me. Downside: cannot instant down and still has to deal with loops.

B+: Leatherface. He absolutely requires Tinkerer* and two GOOD charge add-ons but he's the only other Killer in the game that can instant down at will without requiring Ultra Rare add-ons. Best defender against hook rush attempts and basement hooks. Downside: lacks the mobility of Hillbilly and slows down when he revs his saw.

B: everyone else except...

B-: Hag. Absolutely requires Make Your Choice and good add-ons that increase her teleport range**. Can stop certain loops if she gets there first to trap it. Has a 24 meter terror radius and is the 2nd Killer in the game that benefits from Monitor and Abuse. Downside: slower movement speed that allows her to get easily looped. Sprint Burst counters the threat of triggering her traps.

C+: Wraith. Slightly faster movement speed while cloaked. Has built in Bloodhound while cloaked. Can bodyblock certain loop spots before uncloaking. Downside: completely hard countered by a single flashlight. Excessively long decloak times that are barely alleviated with add-ons. Completely hard countered by Sprint Burst.

C-: Trapper. Can trap certain spots... Downside: absolutely requires rare add-ons to stand a chance. His traps can be broken by Saboteur or Toolboxes that have Saboteur. Has to collect his traps.

D: Freddy. Pretty good at tracking... Downside: everything else.

*Subject to change when Tinkerer re-work goes through.

**Subject to change when Hag re-work goes through.

Post edited by SaltyKiller on

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Very debatable, as usual.

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    edited June 2018

Here's my short opinion. Rank 1-2 are good and almost oppressive if a player can use them. 3-6 are average and fine if the balance of the game was good. 7-9 need tiny buffs. 10-12 need massive buffs.

1. Nurse - Obvious reasoning.
    2. Billy - Amazing map control and a one hit down.
    3. Hag - good map control, good chase, small TR. Only downside is setup.
    4. Doctor - Amazing tracking, good chase potential.
    5. Huntress - Good chase, terrible tracking and map pressure.
    6. Michael - Seen as the "average" killer to me, decent tracking and chase but suffers a lot of standard killer issues.
    7. Pig - Stall, also the ambush is good against shorter loops.
    8. Clown - Very good chase but is lacking in other areas.
    9. Leatherface - Power only useful in the open, needs more mind-game potential.
    10. Wraith - Good speed while cloaked, horrible chase.
    11. Trapper - Setup takes far too long and traps are disarmed easily.
    12. Freddy - Obvious reasons.
  • Techn0

WUT?

Hag at 3? And here I thought I was being generous when listing Leatherface at B+.

Hag is absolutely insane in the right hands, I can find some guides and vids if you want.

• Runiver

@Techn0 said:
    Here's my short opinion. Rank 1-2 are good and almost oppressive if a player can use them. 3-6 are average and fine if the balance of the game was good. 7-9 need tiny buffs. 10-12 need massive buffs.

1. Nurse - Obvious reasoning.
    2. Billy - Amazing map control and a one hit down.
    3. Hag - good map control, good chase, small TR. Only downside is setup.
    4. Doctor - Amazing tracking, good chase potential.
    5. Huntress - Good chase, terrible tracking and map pressure.
    6. Michael - Seen as the "average" killer to me, decent tracking and chase but suffers a lot of standard killer issues.
    7. Pig - Stall, also the ambush is good against shorter loops.
    8. Clown - Very good chase but is lacking in other areas.
    9. Leatherface - Power only useful in the open, needs more mind-game potential.
    10. Wraith - Good speed while cloaked, horrible chase.
    11. Trapper - Setup takes far too long and traps are disarmed easily.
    12. Freddy - Obvious reasons.

I pretty much agree with this one. I'd put Clown above Pig tho, and possibly Huntress above Doctor, depending on the add-ons.

• Techn0

You're the first guy I've heard from that say's the Hag is high tier. Literally, the first goddamn guy. So, no offense, I'm taking your opinion with a massive grain of salt. I mean, I think the fact that she can take advantage of Make Your Choice definitely raises above the other low tiers. But I still wouldn't say she's top tier.

No offense taken, I know it's an unpopular opinion.

• Runiver
    edited June 2018

@SaltyKiller said:

@Techn0 said:

WUT?

Hag at 3? And here I thought I was being generous when listing Leatherface at B+.

Hag is absolutely insane in the right hands, I can find some guides and vids if you want.

You're the first guy I've heard from that say's the Hag is high tier. Literally, the first goddamn guy. So, no offense, I'm taking your opinion with a massive grain of salt. I mean, I think the fact that she can take advantage of Make Your Choice definitely raises above the other low tiers. But I still wouldn't say she's top tier.

I'm a Legacy Billy player (which played him 700+ hours), and right now, I consider Hag to be nearly as strong as he is when played properly.
    Once she'll get her buff, she may get stronger than he is.

He's not the only one thinking hag is very top tier. It's actually a pretty common opinion shared by several players.
    Simply not the brainless sheeps that read a random tier list made by their favorite streamer.

• Techn0

I pretty much agree with this one. I'd put Clown above Pig tho, and possibly Huntress above Doctor, depending on the add-ons.

Clown and pig are interchangeable for me. I tried to put a 7/8 on both of them but I can't figure out formatting for the life of me.

• Runiver

@Techn0 said:

Clown and pig are interchangeable for me. I tried to put a 7/8 on both of them but I can't figure out formatting for the life of me.

Ye, it kinda depends if you bring add-ons or not and such... In any case, the difference are hard to tell, since it's very map dependant, and situational.

In any case : anything below Doc/Huntress is very probably too weak right now and could use at least a few buffs.

• Runiver

@SaltyKiller said:

@Runiver said:

He's not the only one thinking hag is very top tier. It's actually a pretty common opinion shared by several players.
    Simply not the brainless sheeps that read a random tier list made by their favorite streamer.

This is honestly news to me. I think after the re-work she'll easily be mid-tier at least. Trapper will still be bad even after his re-work.

Trapper will be very average after his rework indeed, unless they add something strong to him, tweak his traps not to spawn in corners of the maps, allow him to carry more traps at base and such.

She'll definitely be top tier with a 44 meters teleport range with grey add-on, and a 16 meters terror radius, and an unmatched basement play, along with anti pallets/vault mecanics.
    She's actually hella hard to deal with if she ever manage to set up. She'll just have hard time against a full SWF with flashlights. But who wouldn't except for Nurse ?

• Runiver

@SaltyKiller said:

@Runiver said:

Trapper will be very average after his rework indeed, unless they add something strong to him, tweak his traps not to spawn in corners of the maps, allow him to carry more traps at base and such.

He really needed to start with 2 traps by default and his traps instant down by default. But devs didn't want to listen as per usual.

We'll see in the next PTB, but I'm very doubtful indeed.
    Imo : he'll get faster trapping speed, a few QoL tweaks and new add-ons, and they'll call it a day.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited June 2018

No buffs for Nurse and Billy needed, same with Huntress. Huntress is ridiculously good if you have the 1 hit kill axe + 2 axes extra

The Pig has some issues. Even Tru3ta1ent thinks shes crap and stopped playing her. It's ridiculously easy to get off traps, honestly, the addon Rules Set No.2 should be built in. It's very stupid how survivors get to see all aura of boxes at the start. Them having the ability to see it once timer activates is fair

the penalty for using Amanda's Letter is too harsh, considering Wraith does a better job at it and no penalty

Wraith, although pellet destroys him he's the best killer for camping if you want to have a game where you camp 2 hooks = 2 sacrifices he's one of the easiest provided you are using the 8/12 see-through aura addons. it's guaranteed you will get at least 2 kills especially if you face camp

His purples addon Blink Blood is a joke, Moderately reduces The Wraith's disappearance time. Buff it to Considerately and add a new addon reduces The Wraith's appearance time Considerately and he's good

Leather face just needs some ultra-rare and Award-winning Chillin needs a buff. If he has an Ultra rare like an upgraded version of Carburetor Tuning Guide he will be very viable. It's also kinda silly how he has his chainsaw noise on all the time affecting his hearings and making you harder to hear survivors, when Billy doesn't have this problem, again a balance issue when Billy is just a superior killer

Freddy, Red Paint Brush is useless. Devs need to understand anything with Reduced movement speed is just bad. Freddy has a humming lullaby, as a result, making this totally pointless. In the Dreamworld, you have wall-hacks on survivor auras and it makes no justification for the lower move speed. Black Box, this should be a purple addon, not Ultra-rare. Absolutely pointless for wasting an add-on slot for this

Myer, Judith's Tombstone movement speed reduction needs to be removed, you can infinite him seriously with this on, on Rank 1 games Judith will never activate and this is meant to be used with Fragrant Tuft of Hair, which is impossible vs any Rank 1 survivors. Vanity Mirror is too punishing for the reduced movement speed again, you are better off playing as Wraith/ Pig, it's good the devs want to try out new modes, But the penalty for doing so made them un-viable in high-rank games

If Myer gets a tremendously increase evil gain addon he will be a top tier killer easily, very easy fix

Doc - Devs made one of the best add-ons for Doc, the penalty for High Stimulus Electrode, however, is too high, as a result, you won't be able to deal with pellet loops due to the long recharge time. If he gets a tremendous version of "Calm" - Carter's Notes he will stay as top killer easily

Trapper - Devs is doing great on the rework, but the color add-ons should be removed entirely, absolutely useless on high ranks when everyone plays on high brightness and no one will walk on grasses. If an injured survivor got trapped again they really should get down. It's so silly how they are able to run again as if nothing happens

Hag - removes/ rework all her purple add-ons, seriously, all high-rank Hags only uses the setting time reduced timer. All of them are unviable, Scarred hand rework is good, the fact that it removes her teleport is a big deal, It limits the player's play style and forces them to use Scarred Hand. If the hag can't teleport and her ability is only to block players. It's even a weaker ability in comparison to the trapper, whose traps might be easier to be seen and disarmed, but are much more punishable notably with the reworks. Especially if he hunts you into them during a chase.

Losing the ability to teleport is like said already a huge deal when it comes to the hag's mobility and map presence. The collisions alone can't make up for that. It would be a very good addon if no penalty on teleport and would make her a very decent killer, a slight reduction on timers for Mint rag would make it much more viable and make Hag a stronger killer

Clown - His AOE last too short same with the area range, there have been too many situations where a survivor is meant to be intoxicated but wasn't even though they are inside the visual area. Garish Make-up Kit makes too little difference and it's still too weak. Mists appearing on top of trees also looks silly. Even with the finger ultra rare addon Huntress is still superior with the 1 hit kill axe. Tattoo's Middle Finger is just plain bad, Devs really need to stop adding these and thinks they are viable at High ranks. Ultra rare of Cheap Gin Bottle with 3 + bottle would have been way better. Cigar Box, why is this even a rare addon? Slightly blurred vision doesn't justify it being a rare addon

He has an addon which is called Solvent Jug which prevents exhaustion for 30 seconds, why not have a better version for Rare etc? Huntress have one for 90 seconds this is really unfair

what makes a good killer best is that the holy trinity doesn't require add-ons to be effective, whereas Trapper etc are useless if they don't have add-ons vs decent survivors

• Runiver
    edited June 2018

@Someissues
    I think you mislistened. They won't reduce the speed with waterlogged shoe. They will INCREASE her base speed.

• Someissues

@Runiver said:
    I think you mislistened. They won't reduce the speed with waterlogged shoe. They will INCREASE her base speed.

Fixed, meant Teleport

• Someissues
    edited June 2018

@SaltyKiller said:
    Breh, this is a tier list thread not a "so and so needs buffs" thread. Tho, I am to blame for taking it down that path a little bit...

I don't feel like posting it on a new thread and this is on a killer tier list which is relevant if the devs are trying to bring the lower tier killers back onto the game/ making them viable as the holy trinity. I had close to 2.7k hours enough to understand all the issues on all killers

• NeoVid
    NeoVid Member Posts: 37

Is there anywhere to see the statistics on how different killers perform at various ranks? Or would seeing the facts of how the game goes crush our spirits?

• Techn0
    edited June 2018

@NeoVid said:
    Is there anywhere to see the statistics on how different killers perform at various ranks? Or would seeing the facts of how the game goes crush our spirits?

Last I checked the stats have Pig has the highest kill rate. I wouldn't really take the stats to heart though as it has the killers getting a 2k on average. You can use the stats to say how bad or a problem gen speeds are though if pig really is the top kill rate.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@Techn0 said:

@NeoVid said:

Last I checked the stats have Pig has the highest kill rate. I wouldn't really take the stats to heart though as it has the killers getting a 2k on average. You can use the stats to say how bad or a problem gen speeds are though if pig really is the top kill rate.

Yeah, their stats are very bizarre. I remember a while ago, Hag was supposed to have both the highest 4k and 0k rate high ranks, but on other instances it was another killer, etc...

• Someissues
    edited June 2018

@Soren said:

@Techn0 said:

@NeoVid said:

Yeah, their stats are very bizarre. I remember a while ago, Hag was supposed to have both the highest 4k and 0k rate high ranks, but on other instances it was another killer, etc...

Did they count Mori? Mori matches should not be counted at all in my opinion

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@Someissues said:

@Soren said:

@Techn0 said:

@NeoVid said:

Did they count Mori? Mori matches should not be counted at all in my opinion

I don't believe so, but either way, their stats change WAY too much too be considerd as viable IMO. One week, they say Nurse has the same kill rate as Wraith in rank 1. Another week, they say Hillbilly is the most efficient BY FAR at rank 1. Another week they say Nurse is the most efficient overall, but Hag has the most 4k rate. Another week, they show that LF is the 3rd best killer at rank 1. And so on...

• Croquedead
    Croquedead Member Posts: 91
    edited June 2018
    S Nurse and Hillbilly
    A Hag and Doctor
    B+ Myers, Huntress and Pig
    B Leatherface and Wraith
    C Clown, Trapper and Freddy

Nurse ignores game mechanics and has insane map control and chasing potential. She excels at almost everything. 

Hillbilly’s map control is insane and he has some of the best add-ons in the game period. 

When played right, Hag can do just about everything but requires set-up.

Doctor’s omnipresence and shock during chases can make him a real treat.

Myers gets looped and all but his Tier 3 can turn the game around.

Huntress has a scary power that comes with some god-awful weaknesses such as her directional lullaby, her speed or the very slow wind-up.

Pig is OK in chases with the ambush, but it’s not very reliable. Her traps help a lot tho. 

Leatherface is garbage, but he has the best punish by miles. 

Wraith has OK map control but is garbage everywhere else. 

Clown has OK chase...that’s it. 

Trapper has the most amount of counters in the entire game.

Freddy is so bad, he’s a meme
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

S Nurse
    A Hillbilly, Huntress and Hag
    B Doctor, Clown, Myers
    C Pig, Leatherface, Wraith
    D Trapper, Freddy

Yes, I think Pig is highly overrated while Hag and Clown are highly underrated due to lack of skilled players.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited June 2018

@SaltyKiller said:
    I'll edit this later if this gets enough feedback. Given the shitshow that was that E-Sports tournament this seems timely.

S+ : Nurse. Cannot be looped and has map control. Greatly benefits from Make Your Choice just like Hag. Downside: she is the hardest Killer in the entire game to git gud with. Needs add-ons to give her a 3rd Blink.

S: Hillbilly. Has map control and can instant down. Arguably one of the few Killers that doesn't absolutely require add-ons to be good with. Some argue that he doesn't need Ruin. Fairly easy to use except when dealing with Survivor who can 360. Downside: can still get looped and window vaults take away the threat of getting chainsawed.

A+: Huntress. The hatchets give her a ranged attack, can shut down certain loops, another Killer that (like Hillbilly) doesn't require add-ons to be good with. Benefits greatly from Tinkerer (machine gun Hatchets!)* Downside: can get looped very, very badly in certain spots and her lower speed. Has no stealth whatsoever because of her directional humming. Certain waist-high obstacles block the Hatchet (thanks devs!). Certain maps are agony for Huntress. Going to a locker to refill on Hatchets is excessively annoying and subject to which map she gets.

A: Pig. Only Killer in the game whose power can buy extra time. Has mobile Insidious. Aside from Myers she is the only other Killer that can kill Survivors without needing a Mori (even if it's exceedingly rare). Her power greatly benefits from end-game perks like NOED, Blood Warden and Remember Me. Downside: cannot instant down and still has to deal with loops.

B+: Leatherface. He absolutely requires Tinkerer* and two GOOD charge add-ons but he's the only other Killer in the game that can instant down at will without requiring Ultra Rare add-ons. Best defender against hook rush attempts and basement hooks. Downside: lacks the mobility of Hillbilly and slows down when he revs his saw.

B: everyone else except...

B-: Hag. Absolutely requires Make Your Choice and good add-ons that increase her teleport range**. Can stop certain loops if she gets there first to trap it. Has a 24 meter terror radius and is the 2nd Killer in the game that benefits from Monitor and Abuse. Downside: slower movement speed that allows her to get easily looped. Sprint Burst counters the threat of triggering her traps.

C+: Wraith. Slightly faster movement speed while cloaked. Has built in Bloodhound while cloaked. Can bodyblock certain loop spots before uncloaking. Downside: completely hard countered by a single flashlight. Excessively long decloak times that are barely alleviated with add-ons. Completely hard countered by Sprint Burst.

C-: Trapper. Can trap certain spots... Downside: absolutely requires rare add-ons to stand a chance. His traps can be broken by Saboteur or Toolboxes that have Saboteur. Has to collect his traps.

D: Freddy. Pretty good at tracking... Downside: everything else.

*Subject to change when Tinkerer re-work goes through.

**Subject to change when Hag re-work goes through.

You should mention, that Nurse has 214132535152352353 deadzones on all maps, so blinking with her is very often bugged.

Post edited by RSB on
  • Someissues
    edited June 2018

@Soren said:

I don't believe so, but either way, their stats change WAY too much too be considerd as viable IMO. One week, they say Nurse has the same kill rate as Wraith in rank 1. Another week, they say Hillbilly is the most efficient BY FAR at rank 1. Another week they say Nurse is the most efficient overall, but Hag has the most 4k rate. Another week, they show that LF is the 3rd best killer at rank 1. And so on...

They definitely didn't look at the number of people playing Wraith or Nurse then. I remember the days when they told us Nurse is the weakest killer on Rank 20. There's no way Leatherface was 3rd imao and Hag most 4k lul

• LRGamer
    LRGamer Member Posts: 160

A+ Nurse, Hillbilly
    A- Doctor, Clown, Shape
    B+ Huntress, Cannibal, Pig
    B- Trapper
    F- Hag, Wraith, Nightmare
    Seriously Huntress isn’t that good if you know your Sh*t as Survivor you WILL dodge her Hatchets and then she is as good in a Chase as the Hag
    Pig is so forgettable that she is boring (I’d prefer playing everyone other than her)
    Clown deserves way more credit since his Power is pretty Good since they did a pretty good Job on that.
    Doctor is good( could use a buff though)
    Shape is extremely Powerful
    Nightmare, Hag can be pretty effective though
    With the right Perks both of them are decent and Hag finally gets a buff that should make her Mid Tier
    Trapper gets better too
    And Hillbilly is still terrifyingly Powerful like Nurse

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    All killers are great in the right hands, clown is a beast because he crushes looping. Pig does not crush looping and any spine chill, premonition user or a person who is wary won't get caught off guard. Hardly see her perform well in high rank due to that and the lowered movement speed while moving. The huntress can get looped and hatchets dodged by crouching behind obstacles and she slows even more with hatchet prep. Clown moves faster and isnt slowed by prep, he slows the survivor and secures a hit. The nurse doesn't hurt survivors with her power  but she secures hits. So don't underestimate a power to secure hits. Mike meyers starts off slow but j myers memorial and tombstone piece removes people from the game so quick, and he gets vault boost to handle loops and a hard to miss lunge.
  • Dabrownman1812

@PiiFree said:
    S Nurse
    A Hillbilly, Huntress and Hag
    B Doctor, Clown, Myers
    C Pig, Leatherface, Wraith
    D Trapper, Freddy

Yes, I think Pig is highly overrated while Hag and Clown are highly underrated due to lack of skilled players.

I used to think Clown was on par with Huntress but after playing him more I realized that his big thing is slightly mitigating loops. And he can slow them down. That's about it. May as well pick Billy or Nurse where you can actually catch up to them. Or pick Hag or Huntress to actually counter loops.

Best thing about Clown are his exclusive perks.

Takes a while to get used to clown, but with learning clown for me and others  I see, people get a lot of kills and downs a huntress would not get. 
  • Dabrownman1812

No buffs for Nurse and Billy needed, same with Huntress. Huntress is ridiculously good if you have the 1 hit kill axe + 2 axes extra

The Pig has some issues. Even Tru3ta1ent thinks shes crap and stopped playing her. It's ridiculously easy to get off traps, honestly, the addon Rules Set No.2 should be built in. It's very stupid how survivors get to see all aura of boxes at the start. Them having the ability to see it once timer activates is fair

the penalty for using Amanda's Letter is too harsh, considering Wraith does a better job at it and no penalty

Wraith, although pellet destroys him he's the best killer for camping if you want to have a game where you camp 2 hooks = 2 sacrifices he's one of the easiest provided you are using the 8/12 see-through aura addons. it's guaranteed you will get at least 2 kills especially if you face camp

His purples addon Blink Blood is a joke, Moderately reduces The Wraith's disappearance time. Buff it to Considerately and add a new addon reduces The Wraith's appearance time Considerately and he's good

Leather face just needs some ultra-rare and Award-winning Chillin needs a buff. If he has an Ultra rare like an upgraded version of Carburetor Tuning Guide he will be very viable. It's also kinda silly how he has his chainsaw noise on all the time affecting his hearings and making you harder to hear survivors, when Billy doesn't have this problem, again a balance issue when Billy is just a superior killer

Freddy, Red Paint Brush is useless. Devs need to understand anything with Reduced movement speed is just bad. Freddy has a humming lullaby, as a result, making this totally pointless. In the Dreamworld, you have wall-hacks on survivor auras and it makes no justification for the lower move speed. Black Box, this should be a purple addon, not Ultra-rare. Absolutely pointless for wasting an add-on slot for this

Myer, Judith's Tombstone movement speed reduction needs to be removed, you can infinite him seriously with this on, on Rank 1 games Judith will never activate and this is meant to be used with Fragrant Tuft of Hair, which is impossible vs any Rank 1 survivors. Vanity Mirror is too punishing for the reduced movement speed again, you are better off playing as Wraith/ Pig, it's good the devs want to try out new modes, But the penalty for doing so made them un-viable in high-rank games

If Myer gets a tremendously increase evil gain addon he will be a top tier killer easily, very easy fix

Doc - Devs made one of the best add-ons for Doc, the penalty for High Stimulus Electrode, however, is too high, as a result, you won't be able to deal with pellet loops due to the long recharge time. If he gets a tremendous version of "Calm" - Carter's Notes he will stay as top killer easily

Trapper - Devs is doing great on the rework, but the color add-ons should be removed entirely, absolutely useless on high ranks when everyone plays on high brightness and no one will walk on grasses. If an injured survivor got trapped again they really should get down. It's so silly how they are able to run again as if nothing happens

Hag - removes/ rework all her purple add-ons, seriously, all high-rank Hags only uses the setting time reduced timer. All of them are unviable, Scarred hand rework is good, the fact that it removes her teleport is a big deal, It limits the player's play style and forces them to use Scarred Hand. If the hag can't teleport and her ability is only to block players. It's even a weaker ability in comparison to the trapper, whose traps might be easier to be seen and disarmed, but are much more punishable notably with the reworks. Especially if he hunts you into them during a chase.

Losing the ability to teleport is like said already a huge deal when it comes to the hag's mobility and map presence. The collisions alone can't make up for that. It would be a very good addon if no penalty on teleport and would make her a very decent killer, a slight reduction on timers for Mint rag would make it much more viable and make Hag a stronger killer

Clown - His AOE last too short same with the area range, there have been too many situations where a survivor is meant to be intoxicated but wasn't even though they are inside the visual area. Garish Make-up Kit makes too little difference and it's still too weak. Mists appearing on top of trees also looks silly. Even with the finger ultra rare addon Huntress is still superior with the 1 hit kill axe. Tattoo's Middle Finger is just plain bad, Devs really need to stop adding these and thinks they are viable at High ranks. Ultra rare of Cheap Gin Bottle with 3 + bottle would have been way better. Cigar Box, why is this even a rare addon? Slightly blurred vision doesn't justify it being a rare addon

He has an addon which is called Solvent Jug which prevents exhaustion for 30 seconds, why not have a better version for Rare etc? Huntress have one for 90 seconds this is really unfair

what makes a good killer best is that the holy trinity doesn't require add-ons to be effective, whereas Trapper etc are useless if they don't have add-ons vs decent survivors

Hatchets easy to dodge, peeps forget that lol. As you said, dont need addons to be effective, no addon huntress is a joke against pro survivors but no add on clown has easier time securing hits and downs. 
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913
    1. Nurse
    2. Hillbilly
    3. Myers
    4. Huntress
    5. Doctor
    6. Trapper
    7. Pig
    8. Clown
    9. Leatherface
    10. Hag
    11. Wraith
    12. Freddy

Top 3 have to be Nurse, Billy, and Myers. In the right hands those three are downright vicious. Although I have never ran into an OP Nurse in my own games on PS4. Most Nurses are new and do not know how to properly use the blink.

Billy has the BEST map control with the chainsaw and you’ll never get away from a P3 Billy.

Myers, Huntress, and Doctor can be interchangeable but he has an instant kill with Judith’s Tombstone and a tuft of hair. Although Myers should NOT have to stalk all four survivors to get to tier 3 or have a tremendous speed decrease, it makes it VERY difficult to pull off a four kill. It is unnecessary. 
  • Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Nurse, Billy
    Huntress, Hag
    Clown, Doctor, Myers
    Pig, Leatherface, Trapper
    Freddy, Wraith

Assuming no addons except for some basic doc ones. Huntress seems to be a bit underrated, but she's able to slaughter survivors that only nurse can beat.

• LRGamer
    LRGamer Member Posts: 160
    Huntress is Overrated since it isn’t too hard to dodge her Hatchets
    Clown and Doctor are both Better than Her
    although Doc could still use a Buff
    every Killer needs to be buffed until there’s only ONE Tier
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited July 2018

(Nurse,) (billy,) (doc/pig,) (hag,) (leatherface/myers,) (trapper,) (wraith,) (Freddy.)

Told ya you’d land in prison for your remarks!

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073

Honestly I've a far easier time with Wraith than Hag, but then again I just run a full offensive build with him so that may be why.

Pig is certainly not over-rated as I've seen posted in someone's response, at least as far as I'm concerned. I've reached my current rank specifically by playing only her. Hopefully will be able to prestige her with this coming DBPW.

• ShadowClaw
    ShadowClaw Member Posts: 7

Honestly never needed more than 2 blinks on nurse. Once you get the hang of playing her two blinks is enough.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited July 2018

Here's mine.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

@Acromio said:
    Here's mine.

I understand what you're going for, but I'd make a D and maybe even E tier to go into more detail. Clown and Freddy don't belong in the same tier even if they will both get stomped by skilled SWF groups.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    edited July 2018
    I would say mine is:
    1) Nurse
    2) Hillbilly
    3) Good Hag
    4) Doctor
    5) Clown
    6) Pig
    7) Huntress (I will get hate for this)
    8) Myers
    9) Leatherface
    10) Trapper
    11) Bad Hag
    12) Wraith
    13) Freddy

I would like to state that I consider there is a big gap between Trapper and a Bad Hag.
  • BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100
    edited July 2018

Based on almost 1000 hours, 700+ of those likely being killer, here's my take on the killers at the moment (without add-ons). The list, in order:

S Tier: Nurse.
    A Tier: Billy, Myers, and Huntress.
    B Tier: Cannibal, Clown, and Pig.
    C Tier: Doctor, Trapper, Hag, and Wraith.
    Freddy Tier: Freddy.

This list was constructed with optimal survivor groups in mind that have good map knowledge, solid objective rotation, and looping skill (haha).

• The_Manlet

@BadMrFrosty said:
    Based on almost 1000 hours, 700+ of those likely being killer, here's my take on the killers at the moment. The list, in order:

Is this factoring in addons? Because I don't see how Myers could be anything above B tier without very rare or ultra rare addons.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

@The_Manlet said:

@BadMrFrosty said:
    Based on almost 1000 hours, 700+ of those likely being killer, here's my take on the killers at the moment. The list, in order:

Is this factoring in addons? Because I don't see how Myers could be anything above B tier without very rare or ultra rare addons.

Edited my post to include a "no add-ons" clarification, thank you for mentioning it. Also, I think Myers ultra rare add-ons lower his killing potential due to the massively increased stalk times for EW 3. They're meme-y, fun, and -can- be strong, but they are not effective vs optimal survivors.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346

The Shape not in the top 5...
    That's not a normal.

• DwightUnfairfield
    DwightUnfairfield Member Posts: 5

1- Nurse (obviously)
    2- Billy (pretty obvious too)
    3- Myers/Huntress/Hag (Huntress can counter looping and Myers can sort of because once your done with the pallet, you can EW3 their arse and Hag can be unbelievable at stopping loops holy f if she's on a nice map)
    4- Doctor/Clown (both are pretty similar and strong)
    5- Leatherface (with decent addons, he's strong but he's not strong enough without addons)
    6-Trapper/Pig (reason why pig is so low is because she's so slow when crouching it's dumb and Trapper is going to probably be with Doctor and Clown after his buff)
    7- Wraith (he's got ok map pressure and if they decreased his uncloak time or increased his movement speed when uncloaking he'd be with Leatherface)
    8- Freddy (basically the wraith but he's even weaker and has no map pressure. Give him an 16 metre terror radius again or give him a 4 seconds to dream world so there can be an instasleep build or something)

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited July 2018

My own tier list hasn't changed a whole lot.

S Tier - Nurse, Hillbilly, Huntress
    A Tier - Clown, Doctor
    B Tier - Pig, Hag, Leatherface, Myers, Trapper
    C Tier - Wraith, Freddy

One thing you have to ask yourself, does the killer's power help in the chase? That's the biggest determining factor for the killer.

For S Tier - Nurse and Huntress are excellent in the chase, especially if you are on-point with your skill. While Billy's chase isn't quite as good, he still has the 1 hit down potential and his mobility is incredible which helps him keep the pressure on. ADDENDUM - S Tier killers in addition to their excellent powers come with either mobility or a power that let's them wound at distances most killers can only dream about.

For A Tier - Clown and Doc both have powers that help in the chase. Doc is helped by his potentially good map presence and ability to slow things down. Clown can mitigate loops and has a few add-ins that screw with survivor's strongest perks.

For B Tier - These are all good killers, but their power spikes and wanes too much to be consistant. Pig is great at slowing down the game, but not to the same effect that the Doctor can. Hag is a monster on defense (especially with Make Your Choice) and can stop some loops with a little preparation. Like the Hag, Leatherface is also a defensive monster. His 1 hit potential keeps him from being relegated to the weakest position in the game. And Myers, we know what a beast he is in EW3 and how easy it is for him to gain power.

For C Tier - I think Wraith will be fine if they ever fix the chase in the game. Freddy is just hurting too much defensively to be viable past the newbie ranks.

Post edited by FrenziedRoach on
  • Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136

Myers is top 3 especially at high rank. Some delusional list you have there.

• The_Manlet

@Cypraz said:
    Myers is top 3 especially at high rank. Some delusional list you have there.

He gets looped easily, starts off incredibly weak and relies on survivors to feed him in order for him to become a powerless killer and his EW3 is only likely to down one person each time if that. He can punish altruism and survivor mistakes heavily at specific times but he isn't powerful.

@FrenziedRoach said:
    My own tier list hasn't changed a whole lot.

S Tier - Nurse, Hillbilly, Huntress
    A Tier - Clown, Doctor
    B Tier - Pig, Hag, Leatherface, Myers, Trapper
    C Tier - Wraith, Freddy

One thing you have to ask yourself, does the killer's power help in the chase? That's the biggest determining factor for the killer.

For S Tier - Nurse and Huntress are excellent in the chase, especially if you are on-point with your skill. While Billy's chase isn't quite as good, he still has the 1 hit down potential and his mobility is incredible which helps him keep the pressure on.

For A Tier - Clown and Doc both have powers that help in the chase. Doc is helped by his potentially good map presence and ability to slow things down. Clown can mitigate loops and has a few add-ins that screw with survivor's strongest perks.

For B Tier - These are all good killers, but their power spikes and wanes too much to be consistant. Pig is great at slowing down the game, but not to the same effect that the Doctor can. Hag is a monster on defense (especially with Make Your Choice) and can stop some loops with a little preparation. Like the Hag, Leatherface is also a defensive monster. His 1 hit potential keeps him from being relegated to the weakest position in the game. And Myers, we know what a beast he is in EW3 and how easy it is for him to gain power.

For C Tier - I think Wraith will be fine if they ever fix the chase in the game. Freddy is just hurting too much defensively to be viable past the newbie ranks.

I actually think that the most important aspect of a killer is not whether their power helps in a chase per say, but rather how quickly they can down people and thus exert dominance. If you have one guy downed and 3 people with flashlights nearby, then Nurse, Hillbilly, Huntress can all damage them quickly. Two of them effectively have ranged attacks. Killers like Leatherface and Myers who are also higher up on the list also have potential one-hit down. Someone like Clown is actually better than Huntress or Hillbilly in a chase, better at getting a single hit in, but is weaker because the survivors can gang up and bully him in ways they can't the strong killers, because once he hits you you speedboost away.

In short, I suppose you could say that most killers are weak because they are weak. They cannot impose a threat even in the open.

• Mrrgle_the_Mediocre
    Mrrgle_the_Mediocre Member Posts: 346

"Doc has an ability that helps in a chase"
    no

• FrenziedRoach
    edited July 2018

@Mrrgle_the_Mediocre said:
    "Doc has an ability that helps in a chase"
    no

His shock stops vaults and pallet drops for 2 seconds, so technically, it does help in a chase. It's just too situational to be consistent like Nurse and Huntress (thus he's A Tier instead of S Tier)

He's my boi, I know what he can and cannot do

• FrenziedRoach

@The_Manlet said:
    I actually think that the most important aspect of a killer is not whether their power helps in a chase per say, but rather how quickly they can down people and thus exert dominance. If you have one guy downed and 3 people with flashlights nearby, then Nurse, Hillbilly, Huntress can all damage them quickly. Two of them effectively have ranged attacks. Killers like Leatherface and Myers who are also higher up on the list also have potential one-hit down. Someone like Clown is actually better than Huntress or Hillbilly in a chase, better at getting a single hit in, but is weaker because the survivors can gang up and bully him in ways they can't the strong killers, because once he hits you you speedboost away.

We're actually on the same page, we just call it different things. To me Chase = how fast you can bring somebody down.

• The_Manlet

@FrenziedRoach said:

@The_Manlet said:

We're actually on the same page, we just call it different things. To me Chase = how fast you can bring somebody down.

Thing is, in a proper chase the Clown can down someone faster than the Hillbilly. You aren't chainsawing someone in the middle of a chase unless they really, really screw up. The chainsaw is more a tool to force pallet drops and saw through them quickly in that event. The chainsaw is more for downing someone before a chase can even begin. I think the lethality of a killer and their chasing ability are correlated but aren't the same thing.

• FrenziedRoach

@The_Manlet said:
    Thing is, in a proper chase the Clown can down someone faster than the Hillbilly. You aren't chainsawing someone in the middle of a chase unless they really, really screw up. The chainsaw is more a tool to force pallet drops and saw through them quickly in that event. The chainsaw is more for downing someone before a chase can even begin. I think the lethality of a killer and their chasing ability are correlated but aren't the same thing.

True - what I should of pointed out regarding the S tier (and I will likely update my post to reflect this) is that the S tier killers have mobility and lethal reach in addition to their already excellent chase power.