Real penalties for dc's

I still don't get why you can just dc during the game and just get away with it. Doing it as a killer is not that bad since the game just stops and killers also have to go through so much bs. But when you do it as a survivor it ruins the game for all players. I had a Dwight once who dced beacuse he missed a skillcheck on a gen right at the start of the game. 5 gens with 3 people? No thanks. I think there should be a matchmaking penalty when you dc as a survivor (and maybe also for killers, i don't really care).

1 dc = 15 minutes no new games

2 dc during the same day= 30 minutes

And so on

What do you guys think?

Comments

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

1 DC is free, because of REAL LIFE shenanigans.

2 DC, 5 minutes timeout.

3 DC, 10 minutes timeout.

4 DC, 15 minutes timeout.

Shit sometimes happens and while I agree that there needs to be a timeout for DCing games, it shouldn't ramp up TOO hard because sometimes life happens.

• Brainfck
    Brainfck Member Posts: 18

I like the 1st one being free but 5 minutes is nothing you can just go and get something to eat and then play again. It would basically be a 2nd free dc.

When you leave a game in For Honor you get a 15 min penalty and I think this is fair.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,583
    edited April 2019

DC's happen to me when someone is butt hurt.....you can always tell the difference, surv or killers when someone is upset.....i know you don't get a sound with an actual DC on the comp but ps4 it's the same no matter....and for some unknown reason, it's been a real increase in people dcing for fear od a mori, and when the game starts just for people to loose their stuff....i lost too many cakes and streamers.....but then playing those will be toxic to someone