Marth experiment

Answers

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

Just the fact you posted they were using toolboxes alone proves your a bit full of it, seeing as the experiments was done entirely with no items at all.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited April 2019

Your really not helping your own argument when your making it further and further on how obviously your full of it..

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,234

I love that the whole "no sirvivor plays like this" is still a thing

Obviously survivors dont play like this if they dont need to. But they could, anytime. Which could be counted as a problem with the balance.

• Lemming
    Lemming Member Posts: 103
    edited April 2019

I think they are referring to the tourney where Marth reached the hatch before the survivor and thought he had won by the tourney's rules. He hit the survivor, she took the hatch, and then suddenly the rules were changed to force a loss on Marth's team.

You know, the official one that Behavior had a hand in.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

It is a problem with the balance. The fact that most survivors aren't playing efficiently is no excuse not to balance them according to their most efficient strategy.

• Raptorrotas

@Orion

I was avoiding calling it a problem directly because survivors get triggered fast.

Its no secret that survivors get balanced around the bottom of the barrel and demand killers to be balanced around the pro players.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

It's no secret you lot want all killers to be balanced around the rank 20 potatoes, there fixed it for you.

The actual fact of the matter is most of the playerbase is bottom of the barrel and that's probably around 70%. Also the so called pro caliber players are more on the killer side anyways.

The mythical swat teams are if we use the last 4 man swf groups was a small % of the 9% of the 4 man swf lobbies.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

Theres been a massive amount of changes to the game since this happened.

I would like to see it happen again nowadays.

• Raptorrotas

@powerbats

@powerbats

I want killers to be balanced around the top survivors AND killers. Why would any killer want to be balanced around rank 20 survivors? That'd only mean nerfs for killers.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

@Orion yeah i knew it ! Survivors refuse to play efficiently. Everytime i crush survivors is because they refuse to have easy win.

• Orion

All games should be balanced at the top. This is game design 101. Balance for casuals, and mid ranks will be balanced, while the game will be severely tilted one way or the other at the top.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Competent killers shouldn't need to run "OP" builds to... hell an average killer shouldn't have to run their best stuff if survivors (which you stated the depip squad isnt all that great) are able to go perkless and have great success.. this is evidence that the game is highly unbalanced @artist

• powerbats

Yet killers can go perkless and still 4k, Freddy, Amanda, Trapper, Nurse etc if the person is competent and knows how to play them they can do well.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

"Their level of play" is not that hard to achieve.. its mainly just doing the objective as fast as possible.. it's not hard to just do gens... being able to complete the gens as fast as they have just shouldn't be possible.... with the new end game coming games are going to feel super Fookin short when survivors play this way

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

when did I say that? what's so hard about understanding you're going to need a strong killer with a good build to compete with a stronger team (a team you will get less than 10% of the time)? yes the game is unbalanced. for both sides. people will run those types of builds you listed against your average solo player, and a swf will stack 4 mom's vs a wholesome wraith

• Orion

That's an issue with the ranking system, which does not get resolved by butchering the game's balance.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited April 2019

So you would rather they butcher the gameplay for the 99% instead?

That simply doesn't work and why it's not been done.

Balance isn't just about gameplay, it's about your demographic and how you balance the game to suit them all with ones such as these.

There is no way to balance the game when someone with 5k hours can play with someone with 40 hours and the user base is not large enough to work when splitting it up.

• Orion

I'd rather people didn't try to use "this is broken" as an excuse for breaking everything or keeping things broken.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

Exhaustion Perks were in the game long before the experiment started, not sure what point you're trying to make, especially considering that they also did perkless trials.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited April 2019

Isn't that what most players are doing? Saying something is broken even when the stats go against it but due to the tiniest minority of players doing something its being deemed as broken even thought its not the actual reality?

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519

in all those games, did every killer use an op build? obviously not, and that's what I was talking about. you have to be bad to lose with a build like that. try reading

• benzos
    benzos Member Posts: 178

also it wasnt the same killer either. they were going against randos that wasnt practicing 300 games in a row. try going agianst the SAME killer 300 times with an op build and gets to know how they play. id like to see that in todays dbd.

• Slayer

@DocOctober exhaustion perks no longer recover while running. Show me games where they went perkless and what killers it was against

• Slayer

My career in dbd: about 1000 games and ive met only one swf that completely crashed me so after that game i learned that i need to bring op build into trial when against swf.

• Slayer

Where re those 300 games i see only 100 and in which of those they went perkless and what killers against?

• Slayer

Yeah marth also made it to rank one perkless as low tier killer . Game is totally unbalanced lol

• CaptainCastle
    CaptainCastle Member Posts: 536

Imagine being this salty and a year late to the convo.

Grow up, OP.

• powerbats

While true you're comparing a battleship to a dingy here in terms of size if you get right down to it. Both League and OW have massive player bases and can support regular and ranked play.

DBD is still too small unless there was true platform play but even then high ranks lobby times would be absolute nuts. I mean just look at League, High Diamond and Challenger can have upwards of an hour wait times.

For DBD to be able to do this the player base has to get much larger so that when you split the majority of the player base off which is the casuals. You then don't skewer the remaining hardcore players.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    edited April 2019

It's really not difficult to find them on YouTube, put in some effort.

As for your "you just need to take OP builds against SWF" statement:

1) We can't reliably tell if Survivors are in SWF or not.

2) OP builds are not sustainable.

• Raptorrotas

Playlist for perkless

"https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoJokCjX7gozpIVDM1qjmXSC7M1SXSP3C"

Just go to Marth'ss profile on YT and find his playlists, how werent people able to do so?

• Slayer
    edited April 2019

@DocOctober i suggest you to bring swf to play at least 30-50 games against me and see how killer can still do good against survivors cheating. What do you say? Prove how killer are up with your play not words. Perkless addonless play.

• Slayer

@DocOctober theres no any evidence you re delusional.

• Slayer

@DocOctober have you read what opinion i am of those? If you rather hide behind someone elses back when i asked you to prove your words your opinion worth #########. If you re not good then maybe you shouldnt open your mouth as to why one side is not balanced in first place?

• benzos

have you asked someone like provengeance to go against you for a 100 game experiment? he does not ######### around and i would like to see how your team can go against a killer that knows what to expect from your squad. or maybe a good nurse with offering/addon all games?

• benzos

the challenge is to prove it to random survivor scrubs :)

i know u were trying to do another experiemnt but i think some health probs get in the way. hope u get better my ddude.

This discussion has been closed.