Wanting a dev to respond to this please.

MonsterInMyMind
MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
edited April 2019 in General Discussions

So im gonna lay out a situation that happened earlier in a game of dead by daylight i was playing the plague my build was hex ruin,bbq,haunted grounds,brutal only perks i have on her tier 3 okay so lets get to the interesting part of this game.

So 3 gens went pretty fast even with ruin normal dbd stuff no big deal my totem gets cleansed they mess up and cleanse my haunted grounds i end up downing them all with one dcing now i hook one he tries to kobe goes into struggle i hook the second and he kobes now at this point im curious why "kobing" is even still in the game simply because you guys designed a perk for it at this point kobes gotta go its to much now i down everybody again and the last one i didnt pick up has unbreakable so now here we go with yet again round 3 of second chances down and win just to only get "brutal killer" and barely safety now i can handle the fact you guys want second chances everywhere in the game but what my issue is here i had to bust my excuse my french off to win this game to only safety pip where is the fairness in this.

To debunk the ones that are gonna comment "kobes are fair" explain to me how its fair to completely almost rob me of basically winning when there is a perk designed around kobes that is way more balanced than the 4% and its 100% can a dev explain this logic because i really need to understand how this makes any sense to still be a thing in this game.

Comments

• MonsterInMyMind

Yeah i understand this but my issue is wouldnt it make more sense to remove 4% when there is a perk designed around doing it at a cost see what im throwing out here it just does not add up my opinion of course

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454

Well deliverance requires a save to use we’re as a 4%is just a roll of the dice anyone can use

• MonsterInMyMind

Yeah and its way more balanced than the actual 4% and its 100% you actually have to do something to earn the escape see where im coming at here there is to much rng in this game maps pallet spawns and then you add this 4% which in my honest opinion is just not healthy im cool with them earning or even putting a perk on thats not the point im not mad at the unbreakable my fault for not expecting it but the 4% is just not good for this game at this point its kinda dumb to have a perk that does it and keep the normal 4% in the game.

• Cardgrey

So what about the first person hook? If no one decides to save them there just screwed? It gives them a chance if they feel no ones going to save them.

• MonsterInMyMind

I mean they're kinda screwed regardless of a 4% in that situation i think most people would agree its better to go next anyway if you have a team thats doing nothing most people go next even if they kobe they just run to the killer and die ive seen it happen plenty of times

• Cardgrey

Well like I said it’s because they don’t want people to feel that it pointless to try to survive.

• MonsterInMyMind

@cardgrey I mean lets throw some ideas here since you want to play devils advocate im actually glad you are okay so lets come to a way to make it so 4% is not as much of a problem as it is so currently you have only 3 chances to kobe im also sure i heard someone the chances are increased if people are slugged idk a dev can comment if thats true or not but lets say for example they dropped the number from 3 tries to 1 try but they gained broken for 160 seconds id rather this and it actually have a drawback because currently there is no drawback to pulling yourself off hook and thats my issue with this is in a way its not fair either way im just saying i think getting rid of rng like the 4% is just a better option

• MonsterInMyMind
    edited April 2019

It forces perks like deliverance into the perk pool a little more yes its used but its not really "meta" because it has a drawback

• MonsterInMyMind

Yeah i saw that post i understand where Peantis is coming from to an extent but it comes to a point when its like when do they have enough 2nd chances for you to just stop giving them more and more and more idk it just bothers me that they still have not noticed how there's to many chances for both sides its just to much at this point something should be done but i doubt it will be they think survivors dont have the basic "4%,Unbreakable,Deliverance,DS(Actually works good against tunneling now fine with its change but its still considered a second chance) Adrenaline.

Like i play both sides equally but i see this and it honestly blows my mind how they still allow things like this to exist but we'll see id like to have an open conversation with a dev on this just throw out some frustrations i have of course in a civil manner.

• MonsterInMyMind

A lot of my frustrations are at this terrible emblem system which makes no sense idk they claim they are watching the communities feedback it seems like more people need to keep coming forward about things they dislike about the killer emblems and even survivor emblems maybe something will get done once people start actively voicing more concern on it.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Hexyl a LOT in this game is purely luck dependent. Survivor/killer spawn locations, totem spawn locations, pallet and window spawns, whether you're facing perks perfect or completely useless against the killer or perks you use, items found in chests... and kobe.

One thing you need to understand about online multiplayer games: luck HAS TO BE a factor. So even if you're amazingly skilled, you'll occasionally lose, and if you're the most potato player ever, the Entity will still cut you some slack every once in a while. If it was purely skill based, and everything would be predictable, it would lose the "gamble" factor. And most importantly, less skilled, casual players would lose 100% of the time, so they'd just stop playing. That would be bad: we need the potatoes too.

If we want a completely skill based, RNG-free game, there are a few. Chess is one of them.

• MonsterInMyMind
    edited April 2019

Im not saying remove rng all together i simply saying theres a perk designed around doing something for free that said rng perk did before id rather they just took said rng out of the game and leave the perk alone thats all im saying i just want an honest answer from a dev on why they dont want to remove the 4% and leave its better balanced version instead

• Botany_Meowledge
    Botany_Meowledge Member Posts: 14

To be honest, I don't feel like kobies happen THAT much, even with luck offerings and perks apart from deliverance. (I play both survivor and killer). Plus if it's the last survivor they are dead on the hook immediately no matter if it's their 1st or 2nd or last.

The emblem system is something else and pipping doesn't always make sense, I can agree on that one, but I'll pass on removing kobies. 4% isn't that much and feels even less when playing survivor when noone is coming to save you.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

I see kobes constantly, though I've never had anyone survive a match because of it.

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773
    edited April 2019

So you're mad survivors were prepared to get slugged?9

Kobes almost never result in survival unless the gates are already open

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320

If I was one of the Devs, I'd just respond "Yes I think it is fair, that is why it is still in there since the beginning." Done.. Close the thread. Question answered.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited April 2019

I have heard a lot of complaints but kobe? Its a 4% chnace, how many games have you played in where they tried to kobe and went into struggle phase instead?

To say there is a perk well that's to give them a guaranteed unhook if they do a save first it's not the same, it's akin to saying killers now have a perk which spawns hooks so they shouldn't respawn on there own, can you imagine making that meta once we someone runs sabo? Its silly.

Unbreakable was also designed specifically to counter slugging as it's not a great mechanic to be left on the ground for 4 minutes doing nothing, it's part of the mind games and the risk of slugging.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

I pictured it all in my head. How you hooked those guys and stoped to ponder about why is kobe still in the game while the other guy somewhere is charging his unbreakable.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Intresting, how the op argues about being robbed of winning when he himself owed the win to a perk he used. If those second chances go, shouldnt perk that reduce your normal chances like haunting grounds, noed, and ruin also go?

In my view, the balance each other, at least to a degree.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

I'm not gonna argue that the 4% should be removed, but there's a difference between a perk and a built in mechanic. Comparing the two isn't necessarily fair

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited April 2019

Kobe is fine. But It does absolutely suck when you get everyone down, and one kobe's off.

But statistically, it's a solid chance of happening.

3 tries * 4 people = 12 tries to get a 4%. which is the same as like, getting a legendary in hearthstone. Which also tends to happen at about 1 in 12 packs.

• basicpitch
    basicpitch Member Posts: 101

There is nothing wrong with that 4%. You weren't robbed. When I first started playing and didn't realize that struggling would cause the 2nd phase to kick in fast, I was trying to escape for all I was worth. Never made it off the hook. I think I've managed to kobe a grand total of 2 or 3 times. The first time I was so startled the killer killed me, the 2nd led to much chat salt.

TL:DR - Nothing wrong, no robbery.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited April 2019

I had situations as the one described by OP and I just found them funny and exciting, they added thrill to the match. I honestly don't get what's the problem with kobes.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

It's a high risk, high reward scenario.

Also we have luck offerings, slippery meat and up the ante which increase your unhooking chances. Since luck only affects traps and unhooking then it is pointless to remove this mechanic.

• WolfPad06
    WolfPad06 Member Posts: 182

Trying to Kobe absolutely comes at a cost, a BIG cost. Not only for you, but to the whole team.

You're basically shaving off an entire minute of your sacrifice process where teammates could be doing gens, cleansing totems, planning your rescue, etc.

4% is very, very low. It is less than 1/20 that you'll get it PER attempt.

I feel, out of every bad design there in this game (and there is a lot), the 4% kobe chance is not a problem. It actually feels awesome when you pull it off as survivor at a hopeless scenario and even as killer, chances are you'll be able to down them again anyway. If they escape, it's pretty clutch and I never get mad at it because it's so rare.

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089
    edited April 2019

in fact, you could say it's the most balanced part of this game, since it mostly happens when all people are hooked. And I think that's when the devs inteded for it to really kick in.

I'm don't mind it. Most of the time I end up throwing them back on the hook anyways.

But sometimes. sometimes one gets off and frees everyone.

And sometimes that person is me.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,148

A 4% is only luck getting off tht hook. If it was deliverance it would only activate after a safe hook but the person would be broken. You either got lady luck or risk hitting the 2nd phase. Don't complain about someone risking a faster death with a low rate of survival. You weren't rob it was just luck beat you to the ground