Nurse Balance Poll for PC players, Please Vote

Want to see what people think about the nurse on PC, please come vote if you're a PC player.

Comments

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    edited May 2019

Getting a vote on your poll means nothing unless you have some means to specify people's exact grieviances with the nurse. You need to encourage feedback.

Clear sentences that elaborates beyond feelings. For example what is your opinion of the nurse?

A. Is she balanced as is?

B. Is her addons the main problem.

C. Does her power need to be reworked.

D. Other specify

This example gives clearer opinions on the nurse in her current state. If other becomes popular it will let you know there is more perspectives and viewpoints that are not being addressed in this poll.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

If the poll was say, 1,000,000 people and it looked like this:

By law of averages a good portion of them might be on to something.

Presently only at 138 votes it's got a way to go.

• CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540

2 votes for nurse is not strong enough.....

• LastShoe
    LastShoe Member Posts: 1,183
    edited May 2019

Lets face it... nurse needs many fixes... especially with accuracy on her range addons and fixing her damned verticality. If you happen to hit the very edge of the wall, instead of backing you 0.5m game can often put you on another floor.

• LastShoe

@PeepingPeacock Killer shack?

Lets talk about: Larry's instude (in middle of the map), The Game (probably the "funniest" map in this category), the temple of purgation, all maps that have 2 story building.

So, is the basement under the killershack still the only place where this problem can occur?

• PeepingPeacock
    PeepingPeacock Member Posts: 354

It happens all over the place, but one of the most common and visible places where it happens is the killer shack.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Default nurse is fine, it's some of her add ons that make her too strong.

But at the same time, as long as SWF is in the game nurse shouldn't be touched, both have potential to be game braking and rely on the person behind them.

• LastShoe

During the chase near the killer shack it happens mostly when survivors go back at you while you are charging your blink... that's ok.

The thing that im talking about is, when your aim is nowhere near the ground, but because the game can't put you inside a wall, it for some reason finds a valid spot under it, instead of placing you before it.

When the temple was a completely new map it was even worse because for some reason blinks were getting stuck on nothing or even on 0.25m stairs, so it could put you underground (at leas one stairs still work like that on this map).

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Yes, Nurse's blinking is weird. When you would land in an object, it always places you infront of said object, even if you were like 99% past the object. Nope, you get placed always infront of it.

Multple stories are the worst for her, because the game likes to put you in a differnt floor, if your blink would put you in an object. Killers shack is okay, because the tile and its dimensions are simple, but maps likes Lery's or Backwater swamp, where the basement can spawn below tight and complicated tiles, you usually end up in the basement uninteded.

Also it appears that Nurse uses own hitboxes for blinking. The randomly generated hills are still unpassable for her. You can only blink ontop of them, not through them. The boat on Backwater swamp also used to be one giant dead end for her, where it often was virtually impossible to blink.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Her add-ons are too dated and needs a rework but otherwise she's fine.

• Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183

If you think that nurse is OP, you are a noob.

Simple.

(The addons needs a rework, for not allow more of 3 blinks)

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

Like everybody say default nurse is fine but the add-ons need a rework more than 3 blinks o omega blink nurse is just unfair

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Nurse is OP, but so is a well coordinated SWF squad.

• go1gotha
    go1gotha Member Posts: 108

Nerf addons will be enough. There should be no more than two blinks + nerf addons on the range of movement. With these addons any noob wins, he doesn't need any skill.

• go1gotha
    go1gotha Member Posts: 108
    edited May 2019

More than three? A nurse with two blinks without any add-ons is already the strongest killer in the game + to play with two blinks you need at least some skill, unlike the three blinks and more.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

I chose minor tweaks because her addons are her only problem. They push her power far beyond fair.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123

Um lol what? Hillbilly is also really good and he is still fun to play against. Other killers aren't on the same level as those two, but they (mostly) have strengths that make them viable even at higher ranks.

• noneofyourbusiness
    noneofyourbusiness Member Posts: 532

I think Spirit is even better than Billy. Don't forget about this girl.

• Luigifan64
    Luigifan64 Member Posts: 1,123

She is good, idk about Hillbilly good, but she's up there. Her problem stems from her being unfun to face, especially with prayer beads. I really enjoy playing as her and sure I don't mind going up against her every now and then (I don't hate facing her as much as some other people do, old Legion and Nurse are waaay worse imo), but her unfun factor stems from similar reasons to why people hate nurse (however she is not that bad not by a longshot, nor do I think she needs changing, except for prayer beads).

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Nurse floats therefore she ignores balance. A lot of things need balance before nurse I think. Well swf-solo difference is the only thing really.

• noneofyourbusiness

I just play in last time on r1 with 1 blink for challenge and i still get kills, ofc with perks, then i try play without perks and i just start road to r3. Imo nurse with 1 blink still ist stonger than majority killers.

• noneofyourbusiness

PBB for me ist the stongest addon in the game, only other addon on this power level is CLB (+2 blink) for Nurse. Rest is far behind.

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134

Those are the two seconds that extends more to die in a chase without knowing it well lmao

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

In a assymetrical game if a killer were to play perfectly they should always win no matter what survivor shouldn't overpower the killer like they are now. But obviously no one plays perfectly at least I don't know at one that does. If a pig were to play perfectly against really good survivor team she would lose no matter what because the pig sucks and survivor has way to many tool to stall the killer and win the game.

• xllxENIGMAxllx
    xllxENIGMAxllx Member Posts: 923

Leave Sally untouched until they buff others killers instead make a poll to buff clown instead.

• Navydivea
    Navydivea Member Posts: 114

She's SUPPOSED to be strong. If you can play Nurse well then you deserve to win. She is one of the hardest killers to use after all.

• Fieryaura
    Fieryaura Member Posts: 47

Nurse is hard to play. You can easily juke her blink. And a nurse in lery is easy win for survivor..

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited May 2019

Imo the Nurse's mechanics give a lot of safety nets to correct mistakes and that makes me cringe a little when people say she requires immense skill. Very often I see Nurses doing ######### blinks but still able to hit the survivor because they were trying to juke her (hypotetically good) blink, and missing a hit is not punishing as with the other killers. And I say this as someone that mained Nurse for a period and stopped partially because of bugs, but mainly because she was boring and unchallenging.

Now unleash the downvotes, I know you will.

ps despite this, I find her fun to vs when it's a good Nurse (and the team isn't braindead) since I love juking.

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192

Base nurse or nurse with some of her addons is fine. Very strong and sure, probably theoretically unbeatable if we want to do pointless theorycrafting about "perfect" nurses, but she has drawbacks at base like her range, charge time and 2 blinks.

The builds that give you 3/4 blinks with no downsides as well as omegablink should be adjusted. Range extenders need an actual downside that matters, +blink builds really only need to have the "no downsides" builds looked at. If you've ever tried 5 blinks you'd know it's bit of a meme to have 5 tiny baby blinks with a century of fatigue at the end 😄