Gate timer

As survivors tea bagging and wasting time at exit gates and possible to add a bit more "ohhh shiii" factor - cant you make it so the exit gates close after 10 seconds of them being opened, encourage survivors to get out and If a survivor is in the middle section when gate closes it automatically ports them out?

Comments

• Tiyr
    Tiyr Member Posts: 52

Bit more than 10 seconds would be required , quite often people get downed by the killer as gates are opening at least allow time for altruism?
    How much time is the querstion tho 1 minute 2 minutes?

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018

I disliked the fact that survivors stay near the gates and refused to leave because they wanted the killer to chase them for the Escaped points

and would T-bag whatnot telling to the killer to hit them

after 10 seconds of being in near Exit Gates they should automatically leave the match, would solve everything without nerfing Survivors

• JusticeZERO
    JusticeZERO Member Posts: 173

@Someissues said:
    I disliked the fact that survivors stay near the gates and refused to leave because they wanted the killer to chase them for the Escaped points

after 10 seconds of being in near Exit Gates they should automatically leave the match, would solve everything without nerfing Survivors

This is a good start, I think they would still try to game this by moving in and out of the exit gate area to reset their timer OR we would need to get a mechanic that starts the countdown when they move into that exit area, turns off all functions other than run, turns off all bloodpoint gain etc.

If your team has done that well that you feel confident teabagging at the exits, you've done well... just leave, don't be little jerks. Its sad that dev time is gonna be wasted on things like this and the hatch standoff instead of game balance/new content.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

@JusticeZERO said:

If your team has done that well that you feel confident teabagging at the exits, you've done well... just leave, don't be little jerks. Its sad that dev time is gonna be wasted on things like this and the hatch standoff instead of game balance/new content.

Very very true!

• deidei__
    deidei__ Member Posts: 5

@Someissues said:

I agree with you. Standing by the Exit Gates just to T-Bag the Killer is really annoying. But when you automatically leave you can´t help some Surv wich is in the game. It is not so nice when you get hooked and all of you mates run out and let you die. Not even try to save.
    I think leave the game automatically should only be when all surv are in one of the Exit room. Or when no one is chased.
    Or the Killer could close one of these Exit gates so the Surv in the game must use the other Exit or reopen it.
    And the Surv behind the gate get automatically out of the game.

• OXY
    OXY Member Posts: 68

I think ONE minute would be better. Give them enough time to unhook survivors and escape.