Pallet Stuns

MisterUkuboy
MisterUkuboy Member Posts: 5
edited July 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
We should be able to stun a killer if they’re in the middle of the pallet. The fact that I can’t seems dumb, the killer can just stand there and hit me while I wait for them to get to one side or the other. Also if I stun a killer their attack shouldn’t hit me. I stunned a billy mid chainsaw and somehow I still ended up going down. There was no chainsaw animation, just a stun and me on the floor somehow. I would post a clip, but I’m not sure about the rules for posting urls on the forums.

Comments

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited July 2018

What @Wolf74 said also to add to his post latency plays a big role on stun/hit trades and since this game is peer to peer you just have to deal with it. My advice is to stop being greedy and try harding for a stun at every pallet. Throw the damn thing and run.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Wolf74 said:
    Nope, the pallets are now working as originally intended.
    Please don't ask to go back to the broken system we had to endure for over year now.
    Pallets are not supposed to be safe places and trading hits is ok.
    If you do want the 1000 points for the stun, you need to take a risk.
    Guess why the reward is so high?

Only current problem is stun delay, basically hitting someone after a pallet is FULLY dropped. That’s a bug though, not a change

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:
    Please don't ask to go back to the broken system we had to endure for over year now.

Only current problem is stun delay, basically hitting someone after a pallet is FULLY dropped. That’s a bug though, not a change

There's no stun delay. You just drop the pallet too late to try to greed a stun/because you do not reach it in time.

• MisterUkuboy
    I’m not asking to bring back pallet vacuums or anything, but now that so many pallets have been removed on various maps my friends and I try not to drop a pallet unless it is absolutely necessary to survive. So I only drop a pallet if it’s going to stun a killer so I can gain some distance because the alternative is Billy just chainsaws through the dropped pallet and then m1’s me as I try to find another pallet to loop. Also if a killer tries to swing through a pallet and misses because I was just a bit out of reach, I would like to be able to punish him with a pallet stun instead of sitting there hitting space just for him to be able stand there and keep the the pallet from dropping. That’s just unimmersive, in reality you could drop a pallet on someone regardless of their position relative to the pallet.
  • Jack11803

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

There's no stun delay. You just drop the pallet too late to try to greed a stun/because you do not reach it in time.

I don’t even have the update. Don’t ya be calling me greeedy. Hold on, I’ll link a video example on reddit.

• Runiver

@Jack11803 said:

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

I don’t even have the update. Don’t ya be calling me greeedy. Hold on, I’ll link a video example on reddit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud16aXvb8Hk
    At times, it looks weird like taht, but it's mostly due to small killers having longer range than it looks, overall, and greed over the pallet.

• Jack11803

@Jack11803 said:

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/8uzniw/update_is_horrible_this_is_a_normal_thing_now/

• Jack11803

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/8uzniw/update_is_horrible_this_is_a_normal_thing_now/

I see this on 70ms lobbies by the way

• Jack11803

@Runiver

So what do you think about that, a common instance?

• Runiver

@Jack11803 said:
    @Runiver

Looks like Latency to me, never happened to me ever, and I play full survivor or nearly since the patch.

• Jack11803

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Runiver

Looks like Latency to me, never happened to me ever, and I play full survivor or nearly since the patch.

Ehhh, either way hope it gets fixed.

• Runiver

@Jack11803 said:

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Runiver

I guess ye. The only weird hit I received as survivor so far is the one I posted above, and is very debatable, especially with a slight latency, and since it's pig and her lunge is deceptive.

Tho there's definitely something wrong in the one with the Billy you posted.

• Jack11803

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Runiver

I guess ye. The only weird hit I received as survivor so far is the one I posted above, and is very debatable, especially with a slight latency, and since it's pig and her lunge is deceptive.

If that happened to me, I’d just throw the whole game away

• Runiver

@Jack11803 said:

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:
    @Runiver

If that happened to me, I’d just throw the whole game away

I'd just live with it.
    Killers have been experiencing way harsher bugs at the release, aka getting stuck in pallets/trees, with people on their shoulders, and such.

• MisterUkuboy
    I can agree that Killers have had it pretty bad for a long time, but stuff like this just isn’t right. If you’re on the other side of the pallet AND you get the stun it shouldn’t count as a hit. https://clips.twitch.tv/CallousBoxyClipzKlappa
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@MisterUkuboy said:
    We should be able to stun a killer if they’re in the middle of the pallet. The fact that I can’t seems dumb, the killer can just stand there and hit me while I wait for them to get to one side or the other. Also if I stun a killer their attack shouldn’t hit me. I stunned a billy mid chainsaw and somehow I still ended up going down. There was no chainsaw animation, just a stun and me on the floor somehow. I would post a clip, but I’m not sure about the rules for posting urls on the forums.

You can stun the killer if he is standing in the middle of the pallet, I dont understand what you are talking about.
    And ofc you need to stun the killer before the attack is registered :wink:
    Posting a clip wont cause trouble btw

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498

"Also if a killer tries to swing through a pallet and misses because I was just a bit out of reach, I would like to be able to punish him with a pallet stun instead of sitting there hitting space just for him to be able stand there and keep the the pallet from dropping. That’s just unimmersive, in reality you could drop a pallet on someone regardless of their position relative to the pallet."

here lies the problem you are greedy and dont want to drop the pallet so you keep running and shouldnt try to go back for the stun

unimmersive??? you want to reach past/through the killers body to drop a pallet. its called body blocking the pallet

the killer is standing where you need to be to play the animation to drop the pallet so you want to teleport through the killer(like the vaccum) to drop the pallet

also this is like body blocking a hook. survivors stand where the killer needs to be to play the animation of them hooking so the killer cant do it. now that is "unimmersive"

i would happily have a survivor teleport through me(like you suggest but on the same side) and get stunned so i could not be bodyblocked when hooking survivors...

someone is just salty they should have dropped the pallet when they had the chance

• xxaggieboyxx

@MisterUkuboy said:
    Also if a killer tries to swing through a pallet and misses because I was just a bit out of reach, I would like to be able to punish him with a pallet stun instead of sitting there hitting space just for him to be able stand there and keep the the pallet from dropping. That’s just unimmersive, in reality you could drop a pallet on someone regardless of their position relative to the pallet.

so what you are saying is you should be able to teleport through me(like the vacuum did but stay on the same side) and stun me when you screwed up and didnt drop the pallet...

the killer is blocking the spot to play the animation of dropping the pallet. much like how survivors block the spot to play the animation of killers hooking survivors(now that's unimmersive). now why should you be able to teleport through the killer to drop the pallet when YOU messed up and didnt drop it when you had the chance, but killers cant teleport/noclip through survivors to hook someone.

point is its not the games fault... its yours. you messed up you deserve to be hit for it not rewarded

also depending on how long the loop is you could probably just keep running and not go for the cheesy stun you dont deserve

• MisterUkuboy
    That’s actually very immersive. Have you ever worked at a deli and tried to hook 45 pounds of pork ribs on a meat hook with some standing right in front of you? Just like in the game you gotta hit a dude or yell at him to move. Also killers have iron grasp and agitation just for that reason. In real life you could actually drop a pallet on someone anywhere despite where they’re standing. So I don’t know what you’re on about.
  • xxaggieboyxx

@MisterUkuboy said:
    That’s actually very immersive. Have you ever worked at a deli and tried to hook 45 pounds of pork ribs on a meat hook with some standing right in front of you? Just like in the game you gotta hit a dude or yell at him to move. Also killers have iron grasp and agitation just for that reason. In real life you could actually drop a pallet on someone anywhere despite where they’re standing. So I don’t know what you’re on about.

are you stupid?? because i explained why you cant... you just said you cant hook someone because someone is in the way

why should it be different?? you want things to go good for you but not the killer?? now thats a survivor main for you

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud16aXvb8Hk
    At times, it looks weird like taht, but it's mostly due to small killers having longer range than it looks, overall, and greed over the pallet.

You're actually telling me that what's happening in that video is fine and not a problem?

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Jack11803 said:

@Wolf74 said:

This is true and I've had it where the killer is behind me and get a dtun off perfectly one time yet the next in same situation i don't. I've had same issues as killer, some times stun hits sometimes it doesn't.

@Runiver said:

Incorrect, see above and there's also times where you run past the pallet far enough and drop it yet the delay rubber bands you back to other side of pallet and next to killer.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@MisterUkuboy said:
    I’m not asking to bring back pallet vacuums or anything, but now that so many pallets have been removed on various maps ...

Pallets have been removed?
    There are still way to many pallets on every map.

• rObLoCo
    rObLoCo Member Posts: 23

@Wolf74 said:

The killer should not be able to get a hit and be stunned it should be one or the other.
    Since the change is made to get both, I think if the killer misses during his swing at the pallet and gets stunned, his weapon should fall on the ground and have to pick it back up. There is no penalty for him swinging and missing is BS, especially with the 10 foot lunge they have.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@rObLoCo said:

@Wolf74 said:

The killer should not be able to get a hit and be stunned it should be one or the other.
    Since the change is made to get both, I think if the killer misses during his swing at the pallet and gets stunned, his weapon should fall on the ground and have to pick it back up. There is no penalty for him swinging and missing is BS, especially with the 10 foot lunge they have.

You got hit before the Killer got stunned, or the two happened simultaneously. A stun doesn't magically make the weapon disappear. And no, you don't get Franklin's Demise against Killers as a default mechanic.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@MisterUkuboy said:

I dont think I start arguing with you, never mind, sometimes its better to say nothing