So when are you reworking the End Game Collapse.

Having the hatch was the only reward when your team was useless (99% of random teams are) and you are the only one left. Now, you might as well hook yourself if you’re the last survivor left.

I stopped playing the game since this got released, please let us know when you’re reworking this nonsense.

Comments

• CustomerService
    CustomerService Member Posts: 479

I said why I dislike it.

Ways to improve it, I don’t see a reason for the killer to be able to close the hatch now that the game stalling is gone and there is a timer. I don’t understand how the gates must be so close together especially with killers that can cover both in an instant. I don’t understand why they can just stomp the hatch and get it closed in half a second.

With the EGC, killers shouldn’t be allowed to close the hatch.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

They'll probably rework it once the game settles and only if there's a problem.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I wish gates would slowly regress when they're left at 99%. I'm having the issue that survivors keep realising they have 6 extra free hit perks to burn so want to get everyone unhooked and healed up so they leave the gates at 99 so they don't have to worry about the timer.

This whole thing is to prevent survivors hanging around as long as they like and it doesn't even do that.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

as killer you can hook the guy and then open the gate or down them open the gate and then hook them for that sweet blood warden

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

oh no!

did they dare to touch the most broken mechanic in the game? :O

how dare they!

imo, the last survivor should just immediately escape as soon as the 3rd gets sacrificed!

/sarcasm

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Do you have a better suggestion to prevent Hatch stand-offs?

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

The useless ones usually get the hatch most of the time. Work for the escape. Your team lost, you don't get a free pass 'cause you hid in a closet while the other person actually tried.

• CustomerService

I’m the only one repairing the vast majority of the matches. Always find myself having to do everything from repairing gens around the middle (to prevent 3-gen-together situations) to unhooking useless people who go down in a second, to being chased for ages while people crouch in a corner.

The hatch was the only reward I could possibly aspire to in most games with randoms. Now, there is zero incentive for me to touch this game.

That’s why I say, a rework is necessary for the last survivor standing.

• MysticalMagic92
    MysticalMagic92 Member Posts: 123

@CustomerService

No, as of this moment, the End Game Collapse doesn't need a rework. Listen, when the last survivor is alive, the hatch opens regardless of how many generators are completed. If the killer finds the hatch first, then it's the survivors fault for no finding it earlier. This is how it should be, no hatch stand offs because whoever finds the hatch first wins. If the killer found the hatch first, the killer WON. Being able to open the exit gates shouldn't even be possible, but it is so survivors who failed to escape by the hatch get ANOTHER chance. It's pretty stupid when you think about it. What you're asking for is literally saying, my whole team got destroyed, can I get a free escape? The answer is, you had your chance, if you failed, well that just sucks doesn't it?

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@CustomerService And still you didn't say anything that could be done to "rework" it.

Give some ideas. Not just: "it's stoopid"

• CustomerService

Something must be hindering your ability to comprehend a text. I gave multiple ideas. One being killers not being able to close the hatch. Another is fixing gate’s spawn locations.

• CustomerService

It’s pretty much a given the killer will find it first. You have not only to be careful you are not spotted, you have to find the hatch and all of that on a timer. If you happen to find it and it’s already closed, now you have to go from one gate to the other (if you havent been seen yet) with the little time you have left to try to open a gate for 15 seconds which can easily be camped and watched from the distance by any killer. Let’s not even mention Billy or Nurse.

It gives the killer an unreasonably high upper hand. While punishing solos.

• Milo

@CustomerService That's a revert for the hatch. Oh btw the timer only starts in 2 situations. Exit Gates are open or Hatch is closed.

How would Hatch Stand-off play of then? if killer can't close the hatch?

For exit gates yes i agree that they should have a minimum distance changed or however they work.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It SHOULD be in the killers upper hand. The fact that you even made it to the hatch part of the game means the survivors LOST. The hatch is just a nice way of giving you a small chance even though you lost. It isn't supposed to be an equal chance.

• CustomerService

No? You can have the hatch AND both gates closed.

The hath stand off is gone from the moment there is a timer.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

EGC is fine. Stop crying and begging the devs. You got Legion killed with this update as is. What more do you want man?

• Milo

@CustomerService Yeah... When the killer closes it first.

Will repeat myself. Timer only starts if a gate is openned or a hatch is closed

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

It should be when the last Survivor is alive while the Killer closes the hatch the gates should take 10 - 12 seconds instead of 20. And to prevent taking the hostage as Killer, I see a few people slugging the last Survivor till the timer runs out just to show their small D.

The last Survivor should have the option to end the timer and sacrifice himself immidiately to prevent this slugging

• sk1913
    sk1913 Member Posts: 84

really cannot understand the vote down, you are perfectly right, the end game collapse is just a bullshit

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,446

The old system was garbage and unfun for the killer, there was nothing you could reasonably do when you found the hatch before the survivor

With the new system sometimes a single survivor loses out on a few points for hatch escape but the game becomes signifcantly less unfun for the killer (and the survivor can still exit through a gate)

This is a valid tradeoff

Demanding a rework because sometimes you don't get your will is pathetic and OP deserves downvotes

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

Its far from a given that the killer finds the hatch first. I cant count the number of times ive had one survivor camp the hatch while the hooked survivor kills themself to force the hatch to open. Ive also had plenty of games where the hatch spawns at the opposite end of the map from me, presumably where the survivors are attempting to hide from me. The ability for a killer to close the hatch and add pressure to the match was long overdue.

• CustomerService

It’s obvious it needs a rework. The question is what kind of rework. I’d say for the time being they need to remove the ability to close the hatch from killers, since they do tend to take ages to fix things.

As a reminder, I’m free to express my opinions just like everyone else, and me and the many like me who dislike some aspects of this update can and must continue to voice it. I particularly don’t see how insults, calling me pathetic or any sort of offensive name counters my arguments. So I’ll ignore those who don’t contribute.

The game is already bad as it is for solo survivors and randoms. We need to give them back the hatch as a reasonable alternative as it was.

• Madjura

>It’s obvious it needs a rework.

No

> I’d say for the time being they need to remove the ability to close the hatch from killers,

No

>So I’ll ignore those who don’t contribute.

"People don't agree with me so I'll ignore them"

>The game is already bad as it is for solo survivors and randoms. We need to give them back the hatch as a reasonable alternative as it was.

No

Also the hatch was never reasonable, it was a garbage mechanic that deserved to be killed with fire

• CustomerService

The amount of times you can repair only two gens is considerable. Which means you can not previously find the hatch. I play either on my own or with one more person and randoms tend to contribute negatively or not contribute at all towards the objective. The previous hatch was a nice reward for that, and the timer already prevents standoffs.

• sk1913
    sk1913 Member Posts: 84

Of course. Just let the killer close the hatch in 30 secs. That would be more balanced.

That 1 sec to close the hatch is just a bullshit.

• Madjura

Wow, sometimes you got a small amount of additional bloodpoints

This is a perfectly reasonable argument as to why a horrible mechanic that is super unfun for half the players in the match should be brought back

• Milo

@CustomerService I didn't call you any names yet you started to ignore me huh

• CustomerService

The problem is most killers are Billy and Nurse. And you can watch both gates from the distance in most cases. It’s as easy as paying attention to the red lights and you can instantly be there. Let’s also keep in mind perks like whispers which guantee if you are around a gate they can basically camp the area until found or time runs out. The opportunities for toxic plays this update brings are many.

• Orion

If the other killers rewarded skill to the same extent as the Hillbilly and the Nurse, you'd see more variety.

• CustomerService
  • ROCK_SHACK
    ROCK_SHACK Member Posts: 2

What if the hatch closes itself when a survivor is in close proximity for a total of 4 sec. Trap door gets lights similar to ones at the gate to show the progression. No more hatch standoff.

• TAG

I ask again: Do you have a better suggestion to prevent the Hatch stand-off?

• CustomerService

Maybe. Maybe not. In any case that’s completely off topic.

The reality is we have most killers being those 2, most gates being either really close or on permanent sight, and no way out other than waiting to get automatically sacrificed.

• Milo

"@CustomerService Yeah... When the killer closes it first.

Will repeat myself. Timer only starts if a gate is openned or a hatch is closed"

• CustomerService

The hatch standoff is already gone adding a timer. The ability to close the hatch is completely unnecessary.

• moonlunn
    moonlunn Member Posts: 170

They need to do something about exit gate distance or make it when your the last survivor the time to open a gate less or give skill checks to reopen a hatch like make it a 6th gen

• Madjura

If someone is running Whispers and still manages to kill 3 people then the survivors deserve to lose, hard

• TAG

The timer does not start until the Hatch is closed. You understand this, correct?

• CustomerService

Which shouldn’t be allowed since the end game already removes thw possibility of any hatch standoff or stalling.

• TAG
    edited May 2019

A Killer and a Survivor both find the Hatch, but the Killer cannot close it, and the timer has not yet started. How does the Endgame Collapse end the Hatch stand-off in this situation?

• Orion

Yes, those killers have high mobility, which benefits them in the EGC. Each killer has their own strong points. Bamboozle, for example, is worthless on the Nurse. This is not a design problem, it's a design philosophy that some killers are better than others at certain things.

• CustomerService

Keep in mind I’m talking about being -the last- survivor. Finding the hatch and closing it when there is one survivor left is really easy. The survivor can not just openly run around to find it or open a gate. Chances are the vast majority of the time you will stumble upon it as the killer within 1 minute easily.

• TAG

The last Survivor and the Killer find the Hatch, the Killer cannot close it, and the timer has not yet started. How does the Endgame Collapse stop the Hatch stand-off?

• Milo

@CustomerService Omg it doesn't!

• CustomerService

As easily as triggering the end game collapse as soon as you are the last survivor standing. It would give the survivor the opportunity to find the hatch or open a gate quickly without being trapped. If he’s found he can hopefully stumble upon the open hatch instead of being slugged or held hostage for 3 minutes with no way out.