What are your thoughts about tunneling?

Options
2»

Comments

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

I will not go out of my way to tunnel somebody unless I have remember me or dying light.

However that does not mean if I run across you after you've been unhooked I am going to try to down you.

I have had this problem many times as an Amanda main you have a reverse bear trap I'm not going to go out of my way to go and find you however if you run into me when you're running around like a headless chicken

Stop expecting me to just ignore you no you just getting off the hook or you having reverse bear trap on does not make you immune to being chased again

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

@Orion

That's why I use DS so that I'm NOT the weakest link, but I don't purposefully go out of my way to find the killer either.

• TheGameZpro3
    TheGameZpro3 Member Posts: 699
    Options

I only tunnel if the survivor throws every single pallet down. Usually Megs, because I feel bad for the survivors that have to be with this brain dead moron.

As a survivor, fock tunnelers.

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360
    Options

If I see or hear someone injured I go for them easier to down them and easier to kill if the survivor is bad at hiding. Raging and thinking it's a toxic thing to go after injured is ridiculous and the term tunneling being invented by entitled people created more toxicity.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Survivors focusing gens means they ignore hooks, heals, totems, and chests to finish the gens as quickly as possible. Aka gen rush

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

I avoid it if I can but I won't deny that getting a survivor out early is one of the best strategies in the game.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2019
    Options

Especially with BBQC tunneling means less BP for the Killer. you always earn more BP by going after the rescuer. And even if your Survivors end up sacrificed they will thank you for it as they also earn more BP. Everyone's happy and all you have to do is not go after the easiest kill! It even increases your skill level by choosing the path of most resistance (and if your like me the chase is most of the fun anyway)

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451
    Options

I want you out the game. I'm not stopping until I get you out. If you're a potato, I'll leave you alone. You loop, you're out. I'll see to it!

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I avoid tunneling when I can afford it, but sometimes it's necessary. Either I can't find anyone else or I need to kill someone to slow the game. Sometimes it's also just bad luck when survivors just run right into you. Generally speaking, I aim to get my 4 stacks of BBQ before I go after someone I already got.

As survivor I hate to get tunneled, but only when it's obviously not necessary for the killer to do it. If there is 1 gen left and I'm on death hook, I'll expect a killer to prioritize me over others and it's fine. If there are 4 gens and Ruin left and killer flat out ignores other survivors to go after me, then it's really frustrating and stupid. That right there is a sign of a bad killer. A good killer will play fair, take on a more challenging opponent, and still come out on top. A bad killer will take whatever scraps come their way and gobble them up like a starving dog.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    Options

I play this game to have fun, not to kill everyone. When you tunnel you are giving a bad experience to another person who wants to have fun too. So, I don't tunnel and if I hit someone, I let him escape

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

It's so nice that so many killers consider the survivor's game experience.

SWFs could learn from this when they all run Adrenaline, DS and MoM and bring in instaheals.

• JFF
    JFF Member Posts: 166
    Options

If gens are being done too quickly or survivor is really toxic, then tunneling is justified IMO, however if everyone is playing fair and killer decides to camp and tunnel, despite the fact gens are getting done relatively slow, then it's really scummy move and killer probably doesn't want you to have fun.

The main problem of this game is it lets you decide whether you want your opponents to have fun or not. If devs could address the issue, community would be a lot more positive.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

If every game was killer sided then wouldn't anyone be bored of that? Not the toxic players of course but people that actually play the game for fun do.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    Options

The only time I thinks it’s wrong is when another survivor farms you off the hook and you hit that unhooked survivorand put them back on the hook. It’s really an unfair situation because you have your teammates getting you killed.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    edited May 2019
    Options

Don't get caught silly survivors.

And to all the killers that go out of their way not to tunnel: Shame on you! You are letting the survivor speach or your stupid empathy get the better of you. We are here to make sure no survivor escapes. Unless countered by perks, tunneling is the safest bet. Don't let the survivors get the better of you. We only answer to the Entity and ourselves!

• BiaNoYami
    BiaNoYami Member Posts: 25
    Options

I mainly play survivor - there's honestly just one killer I play, and even that I don't do often as I dislike 1st person POV - and I don't see tunneling as that bad.

I see it as a tactic. If you catch sight of both healthy rescuer and unhooked survivor in equal distance to you and you have a choice, why would you not go after the injured one and possibly deliver them to their last hook? One menace less to deal with in the match. Or if it isn't their last hook it's at least one step closer towards that if you get the hit.

If the rescuer is more or less running right into me, though, and the unhooked person is a bit further away already, then I just hit them. It gives the unhooked one a small breather, but it's likely I'll follow them afterwards (if I know the rescuer isn't dead on hook) because I feel like that person's potential to screw up their escape might be greater. I always get kind of nervous/pressured when I get unhooked (more than when I go in for a save) and I'm thinking that perhaps this could apply to some other people as well. Or the fact that I went for the rescuer first gives them a false sense of security of which I can try to take advantage.

That said... I usually do not get mad if I get tunneled. Because I can see a certain logic behind it. (I do admit, though, that it gets annoying if it happens x matches in succession.)