Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Barbecue & Chili Re-Work Suggestion

Nos37
Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
edited June 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Barbecue & Chili was introduced as an incentive to the killer to not camp or tunnel. Currently, the perk shifts the focus from camping to snowballing too efficiently from knowing the survivors' exact location, movement, and interaction status (healing another survivor who may have Distortion, thus negating Distortion; cleansing a hex/dull totem; crouching near a pallet). Mobile killers benefit from this more so. Plus, it would also tell killers when to camp (if they saw no auras). It's a 10-perks-in-1 kind of information-telling.

What if the focus was shifted from the survivors to the generators? What if instead of revealing survivors' auras it showed the intensity of generator completion?

The killer would know where to apply pressure, but without the game handing them the survivors on a plate.

Yes, I know there are counters to BBQ, but at brown/yellow ranks I feel like I'm the only one who knows this. None of the other survivors hide in lockers (hiding behind gen auras no longer works). In fact, the opposite happens, where survivors see me climb into a locker, come up to it and beckon me out of it to go help them rescue the hooked survivor, and try opening the locker as the killer approaches. There is not enough information for new survivors on how to counter BBQ & Chili (nor enough information at maintaining distance from a hook being camped to let the game punish camping killers), but this is mainly a console issue since there is no way to quickly communicate with fellow survivors.

Post edited by Nos37 on

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

You can always use BBQ to your advantage feed the killer false info.

• Nos37
    edited May 2019

I use BBQ as the killer. If the survivors don't hide in lockers the whole match, the difference this one perk makes is night and day. Way too efficient.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626
    edited May 2019

BBQ killed more survivors than all the killers together

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

BBQC is a must have perk. It never leaves my line up. It never leaves most Killers perk slots. That says something about it's power. Killers should not be that reliant on one perk.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@SlinkyJinky More often then not it never procs when I bring it. And when it does I usually waste my time pursuing someone who knows how to hide.

I normally bring it so I can get those sweet sweet bloodpoints.

• Nos37
    edited May 2019

@shad03

The sweet, sweet Bloodpoints are staying though. My suggestion would give you a read on gen progress for better map control and cannot be obscured from you because the gens cannot hide in lockers.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Balancing the game around brown/yellow ranks? Yeah no. We already tried that with Freddy, and that didn't go well at all.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

You shot down your own argument when you accused fellow teammates of not properly countering the perk.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

The thing that really ticks me off is how people including the developers claim it's an anti-camping and tunneling perk (The auras being the anti-camping part and the bloodpoints being the anti-tunneling part). Even so, it becomes blatantly clear that this is not the drive behind this perk in light of the recent change limiting tier one to two stacks and tier two to three stacks instead of giving lesser percentage boosters for each tier. This signifies a lack of care about the varied and complex impacts perk changes have on all the aspects of game.

• Nos37

I play solo survivor at rank 15, and I only get matched with potatoes.

I play killer at rank 16, and I only get matched with coordinated, voice-comms-exploiting, tryhard squads.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 599

git gud?

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

The reason why BBQ was created is preventing people from camping. So no. It doesn't need a changes.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 599
    edited May 2019

jajajajajaja

I think u don't should comment or suggestions about balancing this game if u are a casual/main survivor player and playing in high ranks.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited May 2019

My point was that arguing that it doesn't matter that it has counters because potatoes might not play around the perk is silly.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

I don't know man. BBQ seems pretty good as is.