Survivors have it so easy

Options
Vetrathene
Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425

Anyone who says otherwise is lying to you. Instaheal medkits; BT, DS, MoM; Super safe pallets, L wall T walls; massive loopable structures with poorly designed areas for killers to follow. When is there going to be some massive redesign and balance to this game? When are killers who are already weak going to stop getting nerfed? When are things going to seriously get looked at so the game is fun for everyone and not just survivors, especially the bullies?

Comments

• Vetrathene
    Options

I'm not bashing people for playing survivors except the bullies. I'm bashing the map and game design that allow for them to get away with so much without putting in much effort. I play both, I was playing survivor right before I played killer, and the differences where as always stark and contrasting. I was relaxed and barely had to think while playing survivor, and I could run the killer around and get gens done, I could force the killer to have to split between two half of the maps by myself, and I was playing solo. Compare to my killer game where I have to be on 110% mode at every moment with no time for a breather or relaxation because as soon as I finish a chase with somneone I have to run across the map to try and keep another gen from popping, and its just egregiously stressful and takes all of my focus. Thats all I'm saying is I would like for both sides of gameplay to come somewhere to the middle of these completely different feelings.

• Vetrathene
    Options

The game comes to mind for super safe pallets. As well as badham preschool. Lery's as well. The Pale Rose herself. And many others. And I am aware they are mind gameable, I do my best to mind game them, but again, its way easier to do that on the survivor side since you can see so much more and react, wheras the killer has to guess to where the survivor is going next, putting more responsibilty and therefore more stress on the person who is on a team of one vs a team of 4. Also I didn't see you list what is OP on the killers side, just one thing that is on the survivor side.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    edited May 2019
    Options

Playing with three other (often boosted) survivors, farming, sandbagging, tunneling, camping, less points than killer. Huntress Iri heads, Nurse's long blinks (she doesn't need more map pressure) and multi-blinks, insta-saw, prayer beads, Moris. Both sides have unfun stuff to face and unfun aspects of it and It isn't just survivors who bully new players, either. Survivors aren't the only toxic ones. No mode is "easy mode." You just need to adapt to what you're going against.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

I was relaxed and barely had to think while playing survivor, and I could run the killer around and get gens done, I could force the killer to have to split between two half of the maps by myself, and I was playing solo.

What game where you playing? c: 'Cause we're not talking about the same game. Just because you're lucky and get inept killers every single time and survivors who work with you, doesn't mean that's the experience for everyone. Honestly I play killer when I want to relax after being farmed or 1 hooked multiple games in a row.

The game comes to mind for super safe pallets.

You mean the most killer-friendly map?

• Vetrathene
    Options

Give me a list of killer sided maps. Because the closest I can think of is shelter woods, and I consider that the most balanced map in the game. The game has a plethroa of safe pallets that can't be mind gamed around, forcing the killer to break them to even proceed around the map in some cases. I also didn't see any mention of Perks that killers have that are OP?

As for what game I am playing, the one everyone else is. I play both, and yes I prefer killer, because I get bored with survivor to be honest. Because it is easy. If you spend the same time learning and practicing both, one takes far less time to get good at then the other. Namely survivors. I literally just played 5 games in a row as survivor, only one of those was a 4k for the killer, the rest where either no K or 1K, which according to the devs, shouldn't be the average per game. It should be 2K. And I'm saying this as the one on the survivor side in the case of these games.

Also I am not in the wrong thread as I am talking about survivors and how to balance them. Most of the experiences that are being used against me are taking it from the point of view that survivor is a 1v1 game, but this game is a 1v4 game, and those 4, even without SWF, can work effectively to deny many killers, even good ones, from any meaningful or fun gameplay.

When it comes down to it, I'm not asking nor ever will ask Survivors to be nerfed into the ground. I want balance. I want both sides to have fun, and for it not to be a stressful experience on either outside of it being a competitive game.

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197
    Options

Yamaoka Estate

The Game

Pale Rose

Grim Pantry

Mother's Dwelling

those are all maps that Survivors don't like because the gameplay on them is boring or in the Killer's favour.

Plethroa of safe pallets? Where, girl? I can't see them. All I see are pallets that are unsafe, semi-safe and a very few safe ones on most maps.

I didn't list any Killer perks that are OP because no Survivor perks are OP, all of them have counters except MoM. The only perks I would consider bull-######### would be Bamboozle and NOED. Bamboozle is a band-aid perk for infinites, but it's abused on other windows and completely eliminates some loops. NOED is annoying, but has a counter, just like BT, so complaining about it is stupid.

Survivor isn't easy, no matter how many times you're gonna say that, I'm never going to agree. Just because you looped a rank 10 killer doesn't mean Survivors are easy. Wake up.

Yes, there are some issues but y'all Killer mains love to over-exaggerate to hide your lack of skill.

I am done with this discussion because it's obvious you're still gonna be saying how Survivors are OP and easy, and I'm never gonna change you opinion, so I guess there's no point.

• MdsTheGriffin
    MdsTheGriffin Member Posts: 38
    Options

@Vetrathene it doesn't take that long to destroy pallets.... you can destroy it and just keep chasing the survivor... they leave sprint marks when they run... you are FASTER than survivors, you can catch up pretty quickly... NOED is an annoying killer perk... I usually NEVER get games where the killer either 1ks or no Ks, its either a 2-4k.... survivors are not OP. Like, literally, they are not...

• Vetrathene
    Options

Destroying a pallet dosen't take long. Being looped around it 2-3 times then breaking it takes quite a long time.

And every map listed there is very survivor sided. Yamaoka estate is massive, meaning if your not nurse or Billy, its really hard to put on any map pressure. THe pale rose isn't as bad as it was, but the driftwood upper/under sections are a godsend to survivors, and its even worse on grim pantry with those and the pantry itself. Mother's dwelling is also survivor sided as its a huge map with a building that has too few entrances for the killer. And the game again is FULL of safe pallets that can't be mind gamed around.

I agree NOED is a problem, but at least it does have counterplay, but I feel the same way about DS, I think it rewards a survivor for getting caught and hooked, even if it has counter play.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
    Options

git gud, dude

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    Options

Scratched mirror is only a real threat on lery's and the game at best, I wouldn't call it OP like the tombstones (more situational). Vanity mirror is where it's at if you want to play it at any time and get kills.

(although did get 2k with scratched mirror on that massive 2 sided autohaven map - azarov's- but that was eons ago, they were mostly messing with me because I was so slow and new to killer in general hence using it on that map RIP, and a laurie DC'd at the gate while waiting to teabag me, I still laugh because she got that sweet insta karma.)

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,588
    Options

Good example why Survivor is not always easy:

One game vs Myers, someone fed him a lot of Evil, he was able to down me instantly, because I got sandbagged (by accident). Myers did not really leave the Hook, then someone rescued me, got downed again, hooked again. The same guy waited a little bit and then he rescued me again, while Myers was coming back to the Hook. Well, I got downed and hooked and died. I did nothing this game, because I got sandbagged and farmed.

The guy who farmed me DCed after I got downed again, maybe realizing that he does not get his WGLF-Stacks.

Was this game easy for me? Not at all (I mean, it was not enjoyable at all... It was not hard to die tbh...). Was it easy for the remaining two Survivors, when one guy basically destroyed the team? Nope.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Put Ruin and NOED on any killer with best add-ons and I say the playing field is about even.

The only challenge in the game as killer is against a 4 stack SWF. Against 4 random survivors a good killer should have no problem getting at least a 3k outside of bad luck.

• MezzaMind
    MezzaMind Member Posts: 39
    Options

WAIT, I can understand not liking some of those things but are you seriously still crying about DS when it has been completely nerfed? It only can be used if the killer is a tunneler, so it's only an annoying perk if you are an annoying killer, so maybe stop tunneling? 💁‍♀️

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 896
    Options

If you encounter a lot of survivors bringing in instant heals then they likely play the game A LOT. I hoard my few like the Gollum with the ring from LOTR. As a matter of fact in the year and a half since I started playing DBD I've only brought in an insta-heal once and that was to get the achievement for bringing a rare item without white warding it. BT is a non-issue if you stop going for the person getting unhooked and instead going for the rescuer. DS has been nerfed, so again it is very fair and only punishes tunneling. MOM I heard is getting nerfed. L T walls only work if you know how to loop them, and most people, aside from your 2-5k hr players (and maybe not even then) do not know how to properly loop (myself included). There are unsafe pallets as well as safe pallets. They can't all be unsafe. There are also massive dead zones on each map.

The devs have also reworked all of the maps, to close down windows that made infinite loops, remove pallets, spawn them further apart, put more doors in Lerys and open up the roofs in Haddonfield so windows aren't OP. Nopallet Woods is a great killer map because the dead zones are disgustingly huge. The walls are spread far apart, and the gens spawn next to one pallet tops.

So my question is, do you want to chase survivors in an open field until you bloodlust them to death? That sounds like more your speed, OP.

• Vetrathene
    Options

I can't even begin to tell you you how many times I go to chase someone else, lose them or decide I need to put pressure on generators, happen to find the person I put on the hook ages ago, pick them up, and they STILL have DS. It lasts way too long.

• Vetrathene
    Options

I wouldn't mind BT if the freaking auto aim of the game usually causes me to smack the survivor being pulled off the hook when I am aiming for the one doing the saving. I really wish they would get rid of the auto aim because it has screwed me over way more times then it has ever helped me.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    Options

Yeah I don't get why auto-aim is there; it sometimes makes me turn 90-120 degrees and costs me so much pressure when it happens ffs.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2019
    Options

@SunderMun . . . 😶there's a LEGAL aim bot in dbd? mother of god . . . why is this a thing.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

Maybe killer isn't for you. I find neither side stressful, but that is a state of mind if you put the stress to perform on yourself. However, both sides can be frustrating for different reasons.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited May 2019
    Options

Yeah, no idea why. I guess it helps brand new killers, and it's not going to 180 turn you but it sometimes causes you to land hits you clearly missed, and other times it'll cause you to miss hits you were directly aiming at point blank.

Although honestly, I find it makes me miss a ton more than it makes me hit...I'd sacrifice those I didn't really earn, in order to be consistent with the game, happily.

(like sometimes if you chase someone to a hooked survivor, and they go to save, yuo swing, it'll randomly decide to turn you toward, and hit the hooked survivor - it causes them to get the save and removes a lot of map pressure, for something that isn't your fault...or when you're near a tree, you lunge to the side of it, and it decides to hit the tree)

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Boogie down, Baby!

• Gothy
    Gothy Member Posts: 3
    Options

Is this a trollpost?

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    edited May 2019
    Options

"Survivors have it easy"

*cough*OneShotPay2WinKiller*cough*

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686
    Options

Funny how many downvotes you got, but it's true.

Not to mention they already have 3 lives. (3 hooks)

• Lyunai07
    Lyunai07 Member Posts: 6
    Options

you do not care about the mouth of the world! The weak killer .. the strong over-excited .. but stop damn it !! Learn to play killer! Even better .. tried to play surviving and you will understand that the killer is too powerful and strong !! That the killers in the day of today make that the scale is far from being equitable !!

Already the nerve of the surviving side perks that could help them, have been nerve and now the end game that with the closing of the trapdoor leaves the killer is big no matter what!

If the developers stopped listening to the mourners that you are killers and they would balance the game a little more and give the survivors the perks as they had before the nerve that would make a great part of the community!

• Vetrathene
    Options

I play both, I just prefer killer, or at least the idea of killer. Killer stresses me out, survivors just bore me. Not saying I always escape, but the majority of the time I do, its just too easy.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

You should stop killing, you obviously are bad at it, play to your strengths and play Survivor instead, you are a gifted survivor.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

I admire your bravery for posting this discussion in the survivor section. But it will do no good I'm afraid.

This game has been survivor-sided since the beginning, and will probably stay that way for a while I'd imagine.

People in the community simply don't want to admit the game favors survivors (in most cases).

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

balance is a funny thing in this game.

low rank survivors will get completely owned by killers and it will seem to them as if the game had a huge imbalance in favour of the killer side, while high rank survivors will completely own the killer and to the killer t seems like there is a huge imbalance for the survivor side.

killers are in a decent spot right now.

its not balanced, especially with coordinated SWF groups and meta perks / instaheals, but its much better than before.

• Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Options

Factually you'd be wrong, because in most cases (Ranks 5-20) Killers have the upper hand. Suvivors only have the upperhand at the highest ranks, where so few people are that htey keep running into each other over and over. In lower ranks you'll be lucky to see the same guy twice in a month. That's how many more people are in the lower ranks where Killers are definitely enjoying the advantage.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

BT, DS

L wall T walls

I don't agree with those 2. DS has plenty of counters and T and L walls are mindgameable.

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    Options

you know DS and BT are just anti tunnel perks..

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662
    Options

yes.. would you like games where you kill everyone in the first 2 minutes then find new lobby and same goes on.. sounds super boring to me, you could just like replace survivors with bots if u want to make everything as easy as possible

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Options

To be fair, survivor can be really easy and boring to play as.

Right now we have plenty of second chance perks and with a half decent team you should have that much trouble with most but the top tier killers.

If you toss SWFs in the mix it becomes a fun house, especially if you are competitive.

I often die as survivor due to stupid mistakes or potatoes as teammates who loves to bring the killer to me or farme in front of the killer. And let us not talk about the super immersed Blendettes with the blocked Ctrl button but no Urban Evasion...

• DoubleTap
    DoubleTap Member Posts: 218
    edited May 2019
    Options

"Super safe pallets"

As new information about Freddy has come to light since you posted this thread.

@Vetrathene Freddie's Dream Pallets and Dream Snares would disagree with you on that one. Man Freddy is going to be so OP. I'm talking Nurse level Survivor tears. It's going to be horrific. Like a train wreck you just cant turn away.