BBQ and Chili

Options
SasukeKun
SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
edited July 2018 in General Discussions

Sorry but all these detection perks for killers make hiding almost not an option. I see the point but still stand by the opinion, don't think it's ever fair to see auras every 2 seconds...Survivor or Killer

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

So... would you prefer to get Insidious basement camped by Leatherface?

• SasukeKun
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    Nope. BBQ and Chili is a great perk, and the concept is to get the killer off the hook.

This game is finally going in the right direction with making surviving hard to do,a nd killers imposing.

It's a survival horror game. Adapt or please shut up. You are not entitled to survive.

Just like you're not entitled to take the challenge out of finding the survivors

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

@Might_Oakk

Is this who I rekt earlier today? Not sure. GG if so.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    Options
    Git gud
  • P3Myers
    P3Myers Member Posts: 58
    Options

@Leatherbilly said:
    BBQ has counters and is a decent perk that is mostly used for BP gains.

You want to talk about no counters, take a look at Sprint Burst. I can literally know you have Sprint Burst, exactly when you'll use it, and where you'll go; still can't do anything about it.

I could literally watch you Sprint Burst, go back in time to before you used it, and my play literally wouldn't change.

lol u can like kill them

• SasukeKun
    Options

@popoles said:
    Why are you still complaining about it?!
    I can hide from killers that use this perk, I can hide from Doctor. And I don't even use Urban Evasion! So maybe, try to actually do something against it rather than complaining and waiting for somebody else to do the job! Thank you.

Not that this topic is about it, but could you say the same about Decisive Strike? It's an Opinion i never stated it's a fact that it's overpowered

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346
    Options

Killer main crybabies: "Nah nah , it's fair. Play stealthy survivors."

Always makes me laugh when they tell you to be stealthy and not loop even when looping is a better strat if you know how to do it well because hiding against some killers is pointless when they know where you are nop matter what you do.

I mean look at this guy

@Lowbei said:
    bbq is fine. git gud.

It's fine because he said so guys.
    So many say they use it for BP , which is bs. Would love it to be same as WGLF and give you only BP. Killer main kids will riot lol.

• Grey87
    Options

@FrenziedRoach said:

First off, you need to be 40meters out to even be picked up

You forgot to add that if the killer doesn't pick you up then the guy on the hook will be patrolled (aka camped) to death.

• Grey87
    edited July 2018
    Options

@SasukeKun said:

@popoles said:
    I can hide from killers that use this perk, I can hide from Doctor. And I don't even use Urban Evasion! So maybe, try to actually do something against it rather than complaining and waiting for somebody else to do the job! Thank you.

Not that this topic is about it, but could you say the same about Decisive Strike? It's an Opinion i never stated it's a fact that it's overpowered

BBQ is nowhere near as OP as DS especially if it's swf with multiple DS in game.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    Options

It's a trash perk in my opinion since it dis-courage the Killer from camping. and you need to camp / tunnel at high rank to win so why even bother taking this perk. it's a good perk for noobs for sure

it's a garbage perk unless you are playing Billy / Nurse who have wide map control, playing others even if u find someone they will loop you to death

• goldseeker22
    goldseeker22 Member Posts: 75
    Options

@SasukeKun said:

Sorry but all these detection perks for killers make hiding almost not an option. I see the point but still stand by the opinion, don't think it's ever fair to see auras every 2 seconds...Survivor or Killer

ok.. how about u give us an idea on a new perk that makes killer leave the hook. cause thats what bbq does.. getting bonus points + knowing where to go next. u give us a good replacement that we will actually use.

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Options
    SasukeKun said:

@popoles said:

You can counter BBQ. You can't counter DS. By counter I don't mean something like dribbling or Enduring. Just nullifying it completely.
  • azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    Tsulan said:

This here. You realize BBQ was made to incentivize not camping right?
  • Tsulan
    Options

@azazer said:
    Tsulan said:

Survivors forget all the time, that BBQ benefits them the most.
    By blocking the aura reading, they hurt their team more than the killer.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Options
    azazer said:
    Tsulan said:

lol come on now, someone dumb enough to basement camp with Insidious is going to do it whether they have BBQ or not. 

I play both sides, I think the main problem with BBQ is the same as Tinkerer, sure it helps certain killers, but it can be too strong on others. Yeah it’s great for Leatherface or Trapper to let them see where they should go next. But on killers like Billy or Nurse or even Huntress it almost breaks them because it’s so good. 

I wish they they could somehow tweak it so BBQ isn’t as strong on some killers as others. I love the BP boost, but it makes Billy games so easy.
  • Tsulan
    Options

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    azazer said:

Tsulan said:

lol come on now, someone dumb enough to basement camp with Insidious is going to do it whether they have BBQ or not. 

I play both sides, I think the main problem with BBQ is the same as Tinkerer, sure it helps certain killers, but it can be too strong on others. Yeah it’s great for Leatherface or Trapper to let them see where they should go next. But on killers like Billy or Nurse or even Huntress it almost breaks them because it’s so good. 

I wish they they could somehow tweak it so BBQ isn’t as strong on some killers as others. I love the BP boost, but it makes Billy games so easy.

Survivors could use their Sprint Burst to run into a different direction, after BBQ triggered.
    Everything is better than hiding on the same spot.
    Neither Billy nor the Nurse can cover the 40 meters in 4 seconds. They can approach the spot, but survivors still have enough time to evade them.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Tsulan said:

If it’s a leatherface with insidious and you’re in the basement, BBQ won’t even come close to stopping that camp

• Tsulan
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

If it’s a leatherface with insidious and you’re in the basement, BBQ won’t even come close to stopping that camp

Then he's wasting a perk slot.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Too bad that’s common. BBQ does very little to motivate not camping, except by people who would normally not camp anyway.

• Jack11803
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Too bad that’s common. BBQ does very little to motivate not camping, except by people who would normally not camp anyway.

BBQ is used mainly for points. But still features a strong bonus

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Options
    Tsulan said:

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    azazer said:

Tsulan said:

Survivors could use their Sprint Burst to run into a different direction, after BBQ triggered.
    Everything is better than hiding on the same spot.
    Neither Billy nor the Nurse can cover the 40 meters in 4 seconds. They can approach the spot, but survivors still have enough time to evade them.

Yeah there are counters to BBQ, but sometimes you don’t have the option to use them. Depending on the map and killer, your only hope is that when the killer dashes or blinks over, they’re terrible and can’t find you. 

Its fine on killers who need to walk over and find you. It’s broken on killers who can just zip across the map or fling an axe across the map.

And yeah, we’re talking 2, maybe 3 of the killers out of what... 12? But Billy is incredibly common because he’s so easy to use and effective.
  • furraboo
    furraboo Member Posts: 4
    Options

Nope. BBQ and Chili is a great perk, and the concept is to get the killer off the hook.

This game is finally going in the right direction with making surviving hard to do,a nd killers imposing.

It's a survival horror game. Adapt or please shut up. You are not entitled to survive.

I agree, I'm not a killer main but, surviving shouldn't be as easy as it is and it should be a challenge. Also, the whole point of the game is for killers time feel powerful and for survivors to work as a team to escape, and now the game is finally going that direction, now surviving is fun and when you escape it gives you a good feeling, and now killers don't have to go through the pain they did before. 
  • SasukeKun
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

It's strong Bonus is bs and shouldn't even happen. I dont want the Dark sense buff because i dont wanna take the challenge out

• Jack11803
    Options

@SasukeKun said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

It's strong Bonus is bs and shouldn't even happen. I dont want the Dark sense buff because i dont wanna take the challenge out

Honestly, the nerf bbq needs is simple, just take off a second, make it 3 seconds of aura. It’d still give you the location, you’d have plenty of time to look around, as I can damage a gen next to a hook and still use the aura with 4 seconds. It’d go a long way to barely effect normal killers, but prevent billy from being on your ass with no chance to hide

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
    Don't worry guys, we'll be bitching about Bitter Murmur and Dark Sense pretty soon
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

@Visionmaker said:
    Don't worry guys, we'll be bitching about Bitter Murmur and Dark Sense pretty soon

Bitter Murmur on the Nurse.

As if she wasn't annoying enough.

• Tsulan
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@SasukeKun said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Honestly, the nerf bbq needs is simple, just take off a second, make it 3 seconds of aura. It’d still give you the location, you’d have plenty of time to look around, as I can damage a gen next to a hook and still use the aura with 4 seconds. It’d go a long way to barely effect normal killers, but prevent billy from being on your ass with no chance to hide

You realize that the 4 seconds start during the hooking animation. Which means the killer has less than 3 actual seconds to look around.
    Your proposal wouldn't give a killer enough time to do a 360. 

I really don't understand your logic.
    If the killer can't see survivors, he'll assume that all survivors are close. Thus making a save rescue impossible. Since he'll camp and search close by.

The whole purpose of BBQ is to give the killer a reason to leave the hook.
  • SasukeKun
    Options

@Visionmaker said:

I can't really even fathom how that's "FUN", It's a serious SMH

• Jack11803
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@SasukeKun said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

You realize that the 4 seconds start during the hooking animation. Which means the killer has less than 3 actual seconds to look around.

If the killer can't see survivors, he'll assume that all survivors are close. Thus making a save rescue impossible. Since he'll camp and search close by.

You realize you’re wrong, and it actually activated the second the survivor is in “hook state”, and the only reason that could happen to you is your ######### internet.

• Digwiid
    Digwiid Member Posts: 311
    Options

TIL:Strong perks are not allowed

• Tsulan
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@SasukeKun said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

You realize you’re wrong, and it actually activated the second the survivor is in “hook state”, and the only reason that could happen to you is your ######### internet.

Please, my internet has nothing to do with the display of the auras. I'm not sure if you know how ######### internet affects gameplay. But I'm to tired to explain it to you right now. Maybe someone else volunteers.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Tsulan

Hope so. Anyway, it starts when the survivors icon goes to a hook, which is at the end of the animation, and give plenty of time (I’m rank 1 killer, I know). 3 seconds would barely effect normal killers, and greatly effect nurse and billy, who it’s atguable too strong on. It’s a really good idea in my opinion, but then again; to me, all my ideas are god tier.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    Well, if Survivors didn’t ask for it, BBQ wouldn’t exist.

All BBQ does is cut down on time looking for Survivors. Most Survivors didn’t care if they got found, they just Looped the Killer into oblivion anyway. As they themselves stated “Hiding and just doing gens is boring. We want to be chased all game, that’s what’s fun!” This of course was nothing more than a lie. Being chased all game isn’t fun, or else Survivors wouldn’t complain about being tunneled. It was just a lie and an excuse to protect Looping to keep it in the game, because it’s such an overpowered mechanic. They also complained about camping, of course. 

So, the developers gave them what they wanted. Incentive for the Killer to leave so they don’t camp, and “be chased all game, because that’s what’s fun” by making it hard to hide with BBQ giving away your position. 

Sad fact is, BBQ is balanced. It’s balanced around the Survivor meta of not hiding, just Looping. Which is bullshit. I’d be more than happy for BBQ to get deleted, if Looping didn’t exist. It’s *almost* at the point of “Loop or die” in DBD. I don’t like it anymore than you do, but that’s the direction DBD is headed thanks to Survivors who humped the meta so hard, the developers had to leave Looping in the game and balance the game around it. 
  • Tsulan
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan

Hope so. Anyway, it starts when the survivors icon goes to a hook, which is at the end of the animation, and give plenty of time (I’m rank 1 killer, I know). 3 seconds would barely effect normal killers, and greatly effect nurse and billy, who it’s atguable too strong on. It’s a really good idea in my opinion, but then again; to me, all my ideas are god tier.

Please don't have a god complex.
    Not Nurse nor Billy can pass 40 meters in 4 seconds. They get close, but that's it. Count to 4 then move.
  • Tsulan
    Options

All BBQ does is cut down on time looking for Survivors. Most Survivors didn’t care if they got found, they just Looped the Killer into oblivion anyway. As they themselves stated “Hiding and just doing gens is boring. We want to be chased all game, that’s what’s fun!” This of course was nothing more than a lie. Being chased all game isn’t fun, or else Survivors wouldn’t complain about being tunneled. It was just a lie and an excuse to protect Looping to keep it in the game, because it’s such an overpowered mechanic. They also complained about camping, of course. 

So, the developers gave them what they wanted. Incentive for the Killer to leave so they don’t camp, and “be chased all game, because that’s what’s fun” by making it hard to hide with BBQ giving away your position. 

Sad fact is, BBQ is balanced. It’s balanced around the Survivor meta of not hiding, just Looping. Which is bullshit. I’d be more than happy for BBQ to get deleted, if Looping didn’t exist. It’s *almost* at the point of “Loop or die” in DBD. I don’t like it anymore than you do, but that’s the direction DBD is headed thanks to Survivors who humped the meta so hard, the developers had to leave Looping in the game and balance the game around it. 
    I agree. First survivors complained about camping. They wanted the devs to punish camping killers with temporary or even permanent bans. 
    Now the very same survivors complain about BBQ.
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Tsulan said:

I agree. First survivors complained about camping. They wanted the devs to punish camping killers with temporary or even permanent bans. 
    The problem is, and always has been Looping sadly. After Patch 1.4.0 changed the Survivors hit boxes to be smaller, allowing for the tight loops hugging objects so the could in effect negate the Killer’s base higher movement speed of 15% for a short time, (about 10-15 seconds Looping 2-3 times) at nearly every single Pallet, it literally broke the game at a fundamental level. The low Gen time of 80 seconds just does not allow for it to be so simple and easy to waste that much time per Pallet. 

Never mind buildings that allow for HUGE loops like Coal Tower, Ironworks, or the Killer shack with the God Pallet. 

They should have just got rid of Looping and focused on Stealth. They listened to the wrong players. Now I’m afraid it’s too late to turn back. 
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

@TheXenoborg said:
    Hope you know how to count. Count till 4 and hide somewhere else. Use the aura reading to outsmart the killer, if that's remotely possible for you.

Oh... I thought it was 5 seconds for some reason. Been waiting too long to move this whole time.

• Tsulan
    Options
    Tsulan said:

The problem is, and always has been Looping sadly. After Patch 1.4.0 changed the Survivors hit boxes to be smaller, allowing for the tight loops hugging objects so the could in effect negate the Killer’s base higher movement speed of 15% for a short time, (about 10-15 seconds Looping 2-3 times) at nearly every single Pallet, it literally broke the game at a fundamental level. The low Gen time of 80 seconds just does not allow for it to be so simple and easy to waste that much time per Pallet. 

Never mind buildings that allow for HUGE loops like Coal Tower, Ironworks, or the Killer shack with the God Pallet. 

They should have just got rid of Looping and focused on Stealth. They listened to the wrong players. Now I’m afraid it’s too late to turn back. 
    The upcoming changes are going into the right direction. Survivors get what they want (more chases) by giving everyone aura reading perks.
    And killers get finally some love.
  • Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

You dont understand at all. Theres nothing to do to stop the intentional campers.  

The point is to insentivise other things by rewarding or pointing in the right direction.  

This is what bbq does, it points you in the direction of other survivors so that you dont camp. It also rewards you to not tunnel by giving you stacks.  

The point isnt to stop 100% of campers, its to reduce the amount while promoting healthy gameplay.  

I think bbq should be put in the base kit for killers. It would teach newer killers to not camp and tunnel and make all survivors aware that its a thing and how to counter it. Put those in the tutorials and let everyone know. Dont let people play unless they did the tutorials.