Okay, if a survivor is in the middle of jumping into the hatch, it should not be able to close

Options
pemberley
pemberley Member Posts: 1,510

I’m talking about literally being mid animation jumping into the hatch. At that point, I feel like the game is over and survivor got it.

Source: just had a game where I was jumping into the hatch and Freddy closed it while I was jumping in, and then I got noeded. Having the hatch close where half my body is in the void already felt really unfair and cheap.

Comments

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Agreed

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

Agreed

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Agreed

• babylove0812
    babylove0812 Member Posts: 24
    Options

Yeah that doesn’t make sense. Shouldn’t be allowed 💯

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Yea, why take away hatch grabs if you can just slam the hatch shut, should be changed.

• Groxiverde
    Groxiverde Member Posts: 767
    Options

No it shouldn't. Then if both the survivor and killer are waiting at the hatch to open it would be a "who clicks faster" situation because killers can't hatch grab anymore. If you revert this change, then give the killers the hatch grab again

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

This is most likely a latency thing.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Agreed.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

If the survivor is already jumping in then they got to the hatch first. Killer can already bodyblock the hatch and the hatch close animation is fast enough that they can stop a survivor that's right on top of the hatch from jumping in. But if they already jumped, that's the end of it.

Also NOED procs when you close hatch, so IDK what game you are playing.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,025
    Options

@Sairek That "Flexing" bug is annoying when you go to grab a survivor off a window or gen and instead have to just sit there for afew seconds for it to fix itself while they get away... This does remind me of a point though. The game should NOT be balanced around bugs. I saw someone trying to defend MoM the other day, not with actual balance talks of the perks itself, but saying that it HAS to be powerful since lag and ######### hitboxes are a thing.

• Alfred
    Alfred Member Posts: 272
    Options

Exactly and half points for killer + full points for hooking the torso.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options

@Alfred - And at the end of the game summary screen, I want to see just a pair of legs running without the torso.

• pemberley
    Options

@LordGlint

I was working on the last gen when Meg got downed. I knew she was on her last hook, and as a veteran Freddy I know Joes tend to leave 3 down while we look for 4 if we’re that hungry, so I hide. Turns out the hatch was right next to me.

This Freddy didn’t find me and picked Meg up and hooked her within 40 m (although I don’t think he had bbq.) She was on her last hook and died. When the hatch opens, I’m running towards it and Freddy sleeps me but I jump in and my body is literally halfway through when Freddy closes it under my feet.

Was it close? Yes. But I absolutely got the hatch first and fair and square. I was already IN the hatch, the game should have called it quits and I should have escaped.

I think the egc is fine for the most part (although I do think closing hatch against one survivor should null noed since the killer is essentially activating the hex and not the survivors.) I think if killer finds the hatch first, they have every right to close it. But this wasn’t the case. I got the hatch, and I was jumping in.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

I got the opposite. I was closing the hatch and a Meg jumped in, cancelling my hatch closing despite the fact I was spamming Close Hatch.

• friendlykillermain
    friendlykillermain Member Posts: 3,162
    Options

YES im not the only one with that problem it happens every 3rd game i swear its not a rare thing just a normal occurrence so the old stalemates are back it looks like

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2019
    Options

Does sound like a latency problem like getting hit after a vault when you clearly see yourself a good distance away after the killer swung. My closest hatch escape a spirit was right there I hit m1 and was escaping and she was trying to close it as well I saw her looking down at it, but ended up just hitting me in mid leap. Something else dedicated servers may help, I doubt anyone will look at this closer until after that happens. And to be clear - I did hit m1 first from my perspective, she just walked up a second later and was trying to close it, but I was in mid leap.

If it is opposite for the killer are they sure the survivor did not just find a key? That will happen often enough.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I'm all for making it so the Survivor's escape animation prevents the Killer from closing the Hatch and the Killer's Hatch closing animation prevents the Survivor from jumping into the Hatch. The only question is what happens in the probably unlikely scenario where the game registers both the Hatch close command and the Hatch escape command at the exact same time. Give one side priority? Coin flip?

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@makayla Its not, I had this happen before where both the last survivor and me clicked on the hatch and I as the killer took priority over him.

I don't really consider that to be fair since for the Survivor if you find the hatch and click on it you should escape, but since this doesn't happen you have situations where when I closed the hatch I staggered that Survivor for the whole animation of closing it and it was just GG.

Maybe they should address this, since if you get staggered as a Survivor while the hatch is being closed then i'm pretty sure that was a design choice. If it wasn't a design choice you would just phase right through the hatch regardless if it was closed when you clicked on it.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Another issue that will hopefully be irrelevant once we have dedicated servers.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Options

Could a "save circle" around the hatch (maybe 1 meter radius) where the killer can't close the hatch while the survivor stands in it solve that issue?

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Options

It's so cool to see @Peanits responding and looking into it! That's super cool! 👍👍

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358
    Options
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options

Disagree..

• LordGlint
    Options

@pemberley I think it ironic that the perk NOED that people usually claim is a perk that awards killers for failure, can now work even if the killer activates EGC...aka DIDNT fail at all. NOED can now work even if the killer didnt allow for a single Gen to be done by survivors.

Should also be noted that it activates Adrenaline as well.

• LordGlint
    Options

@HURRI_KAIN it would, because killers would just be able to bodyblock the hatch while survivors would still be able to stand within the "safe circle". It would be a case where the survivor is waiting to be hit, not because it would make the killer unable to grab, but rather it would allow them to move through the killer and jump in.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 576
    Options
  • HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358
    Options

If there is a "safe circle" The survivor couldn't be hit. The killer if they reached the hatch first would just close it. The survivor if they reached the hatch first would just jump in. Killer shouldn't be able to bodyblock the hatch, if the survivor is within the safe circle, then the killer can't interact with the hatch or hit survivor, but survivor can jump in hatch. If survivor sits there taunting, that's reportable, taking game hostage.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Options

How? I thought grabbing a survivor doesn't work anymore, so in that scenario the survivor can jump in

• letuce
    letuce Member Posts: 89
    Options

Agree, as long as it's not within the first 3 seconds of hatch opening

I had a game where me and the survivor were standing on the hatch waiting for it to open. As the 3rd survivor was dying. I should be able to close it then.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    Options

Disagree. If the Killer, Survivor and Hatch are all in the same place then that should mean a dead survivor.

The Survivor can still win if the hatch is closed. The Killer however can't if the Survivor jumps in.

And since the Killer had to put in the effort in order to lead to an open hatch in the first place we should tend towards a Survivor loss.

• 0h_Doctor
    0h_Doctor Member Posts: 49
    Options

Well since it was a freddy you probably didn't see that he might have started the closing animation first, which is why you didn't escape.

• pemberley
    Options

That wasn’t possible because he was a good few feet away when I started jumping in. And I was IN the hatch. By all rights, I should have escaped even if it was close.

• WaveynessS259
    WaveynessS259 Member Posts: 2
    Options

@pemberley wait a second, i could have sworn you were in my game? Do you play on PS4? And were you in the Macmillan Estate, Coal Tower Map and the hatch was in near one of the corners? Because i believe i was spectating you when that exact thing happened. Was a Freddy with NOED and you jumped in and then he immediately closed it.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

Absolutely, the devs have said about other things that there should always be a chance to win. The killer shouldn't get an auto-loss just because the hatch doesn't spawn under the last hook.

• pemberley
    edited May 2019
    Options

I am on ps4 (although under a different username - jaustengirl) but this particular instance was Mother’s Dwelling, Red Forest. Although today me and my 2 friends had a Freddy on Macmillan coal tower (double party streamers) - I think a hatch got closed but I was tunneled, slugged, and hooked to death by then. Were you the other Meg?

I tend to play Jane since she’s my main.

• PeenutsButt3r
    PeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 695
    Options

Agreed, I was a killer in a game that when there was 1 survivor sitting on the hatch and I was able to close it (spamming 'space') before I saw she was jumping into it and the 2 clients be like: "Hey I closed it first" "No I already jumped" for about 1s, just like 2 people going 2 different ways and a few time they walk into the same direction of the other (awkward). My killer model then get yoinked further away as the hatch closed (so I knew it was latency), survivor's body was like half the way into the ground and then returned back onto the hatch's lid.