Enduring NERF INCOMING!

KaoMinerva
KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

@not_Queen @peanutkid@Peanits

Would you explain to us WHY you decided to bother this perk? You nerfed Tinkerer into the ground, You finally balance MoM to where it's not just a free hit, and compensate by killing Enduring. You aren't slick. You're yet again making DS even more powerful.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SteamyImportantOilPlanking

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

I haven't used enduring in awhile and learned to play without it, all I can say is this will mostly effect spirit fury builds as DS was nerfed.

R.I.P. Spirit Fury + Enduring Combo.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Well that's a shame.

Why though, What reasons did they give?

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744

@Peanits When will brutal be getting a buff you guys keep making enduring better while ignoring brutal can we get a fast kicking of the pallet speed maybe because imma be honest its still outclassed even with the new ds change. Enduring is just better and you guys keep making it better but leaving brutal in the dust.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378

It's a buff for Enduring + Spirit Fury, which is the only time I ever see it since DS nerf.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Enduring was sidegraded.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Do we currently know what the planned change to Enduring is?

• NuclearBurrito

@TAG it will cut the total pallet stun time in half. And no longer effect any other stuns

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited May 2019

Well they state that it's a buff to enduring when dealing with pallets apparently so that's not a RIP.... but this is completely unnecessary... unless they make it where the killer truly doesnt need enduring when hit by the stun perks then this is just the nerf hammer.... I like picking up survivors and telling em "take your best shot"...with enduring I actually feel powerful.... if you're going through with this........ Do it right....

Edit: Added more info ...... firehazzard not all writing is directed towards you lol..

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

Oh, that's not bad.

I like it, and you have a point, whoever gets hit with DS deserves it.

I like this.

• NuclearBurrito

Like I said it's a sidegrade. Better in some situations but worse in others

• FSB75
    FSB75 Member Posts: 474

As I understood it...different stuns last for different times.

A pallet stun doesn't last as long a a survivor that wiggles free...WITH the adjusted time of the perk, the pallet stun is still within parameters. However, the "stun" from a survivor that wiggles free from a killer who has the perk is outside the desired time (meaning it doesn't last long enough).

A such, reducing the timer "across the board" for stuns isn't practical. The perk "allows" just the right time for pallets, and too much reduction for flashlights.

I never used it, so I couldn't care less, but that's how I understood it.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

People don't have ears and don't listen when the devs say something in the stream, no wonder, the only thing people can do is salty'ing and crying around.

Enduring won't affect other stuns anymore but it will increase the recovery speed from pallet stuns more, so it'll buff Spirit Fury/Enduring combo. Idk where you came with "nerf"

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

I'm okay with this change actually. I rarely use Enduring anyway, but the change seems reasonable.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614
    edited May 2019

I feel like I am going to use Enduring+Spirit Fury on everything after that change. Even on my hag. It is just way too good not to take it and it is really easy to brtute force it even when not in range for a stun just by lunge atacking. We will see how this will end though. I feel like people may not be too happy if everyone start using it every single game

• Panduh
    Panduh Member Posts: 51

DS is a fail-able one-time use perk lol- relax. Enduring still works on pallets smarty! Better with the change, even. Also Stridor actually overrides Iron Will, so it's the other way around. So cut the circle jerk drama session, it's boring. Besides, rationally DS' stun will likely go down to 3 or 4s with this. So the only thing that will be very different is people getting Head On stuns, considering that stun is only 3s and very situational, I'd say it needs it.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

Its about time enduring was powerful against head on and ds now of this days

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164

@Orion was wondering if you would be reverting the 5 second DS stun back to 4 or 3 seconds.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Sounds like a buff to Enduring with a clearer explanation of the perk's effects.

And while it was a bonus that it affected DS, that's NOT what its used for 9 times out of 10.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442

Not really a nerf if they keep the numbers we are getting stunned by pallets a 0,1 sec less.

DS already have counters (not tunneling, slugging, etc). In my opinion is a nice buff, nothing more.

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371

Perks that stun currently:

• DS
    • Head On

@Madjura There, fixed that for you (Head On never actually works)

• SlinkyJinky
    SlinkyJinky Member Posts: 371
    1. "The pallet stun durations are actually going to be about 0.15 seconds shorter."

Right. So it's not actually a nerf it's a buff. Glad we sorted that myth out. God forbid one of the most powerful killers abilities in game be nerfed oh no, the forums would burn with tears of napalm we can't have that.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

It does work and you can actually get saves with it as well..... you just have to Git Gud

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Almost like perks that lower stuns are strong and popular.

*cough*Balanced Landing*cough*

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Tzeentchling9 I hope you are wrong and the DS stun time gets adjusted soon. It's already bad that this perk also punishes killers who don't tunnel but simply down survivors fast.

• Jesp
    Jesp Member Posts: 192

@Tzeentchling9 should keep 5 seconds to do its job with a decisive (heh) and painful stun. BUT it should be disabled the moment someone else goes on the hook (if the killer hooks someone else they're clearly not tunneling) and perhaps during EGC as at that point what is the killer supposed to do other than hunt injured people unless they have NOED/an instadown in their kit.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Honestly I don't get why all this fuzz, they explained the reasoning and it made perfect sense. Enduring will be more powerful against pallets and other stuns will be balanced without having to account for it. This means that everyone will get something out of it, in the big picture it's a win-win.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614

This will be a way too big of a buff to the killers then having the stun being the same as if everyone is having Enduring on. Personally I've rarely used DS vs Enduring person and it is aways when I get unsafe unhooked near the killer so I'd rather have it the way it is now. The sole fact that it has so many other counters outside Enduring which should not counter it as hard in first place inlike like the old DS is enough to leave it like that. As a killer I run into DS sooo rarely/probably because I don't camp ...../ and as someone said if for some reason you run into someone with it usualy it means that person is just bad. So even if you pick them up, which I do, you will still gonna catch them real fast / cause they are bad for running into you in first place again/

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238
    edited May 2019

Ugh. Killers only complain about Enduring change because the stuns that were buffed BECAUSE OF Enduring might not get adjusted to the LACK OF Enduring in the same patch.

Its obvious and im amazed survs complain about this situation.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

This is actually a great change.

Enduring is BUFFED against pallets, which it really didn't need to be, but hey, why not.

At the same time, perks like Decisive Strike and Head On become much more consistent options for survivors.

I'm a firm advocate against 2nd chance perks, but DS ONLY affects you if you're already playing like a bit of a dick. If I get hit by it these days, I never react with anger over DS, it's more of a reminder not to tunnel so hard, play better.

Head On is just an inconsistent mess, and like they said its stun is not well balanced for an action that leaves nothing between you and the killer, and a potentially very short stun.

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134

Ignorant, watch the whole stream and them, just them, you can share your opinion.

I watch it and its clearly a buff so you are simply an ignorant with panic.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited May 2019

4? Sure. 3? NO. The stun time should’ve never been lowered to begin with, the rework of it being a situational tunneling counter was enough of a nerf. I don’t get why people are arguing for a change back to 3 sec, when it was only 3 for such a short amount of time. 4 seconds is what it was for a long time, and with the tunneling change it’s perfectly reasonable to move it back to that, but no less.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Just tell us "Don't ever use Enduring again pretty please with sugar on top" and we wont. Pinkie promise. No need to nerf it to the dirt ;-)