So i played the legion after the nerf....

Options
Mushwin
Mushwin Member Posts: 4,576

.....for the first time....and i am so disappointed.

Comments

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

@Mushwin Personally, ive been enjoying the change, although I have changed up my build significantly. What rank are you playing at and what build are you using?

• SuperPrincessChaser
    SuperPrincessChaser Member Posts: 107
    Options

I personally think Legion is better to play against and to play now. There are some things I'd like to see changed (vaulting speeds are so slow sometimes the Survivor can get to the other side of a loop or to a new loop depending on where you are) but for now they are much better. You just have to play them how they were designed, spreading the damage and picking off the people who don't get far enough away from you and you can actually do that now thanks to the 115%. They are not a Huntress without projectiles, a Hag without traps, a Spirit without phasing anymore. Also you kind of should heal against them now as they can just walk up to you and M1 you.

I will say that it feels bad to find someone just as they finished healing. You ain't staying healthy for long! Though it's better than going down. The real tragedy is the nerfs to Mrs. Piggy. I love playing as her, though I haven't since the changes, but they just sound unnecessary.

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

Its about adapting, i had to learn that the hard way.

Legion is a fast wraith now, you should try to use the typical "M1 killer build"

Enduring+Brutal Strenght (sadly enough)+sloppy butcher+franklins works just fine for me, run ruin if you dont want to get rushed i guess

• SuperPrincessChaser
    Options

Do you really lose all of your meter when you miss an attack? I'll be honest, I never noticed and was meaning to watch it and see but I always get too into the game that I never do. I also think I may have missed like 1 attack so far. At least you don't lose all your meter when you cancel it, that would be brutal.

Also his power is meant to waste time more than be a threat. It's like a small portable version of the Pig's traps only you can keep using it. Putting it that way makes the Pig changes make sense but her Traps are limited (even more so now).

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177
    Options

Wraith cloaked is actually faster than Legion's Frenzy. Legion=5.0m/s, Wraith=5.06m/s wraith also gets addons to make him faster in cloak.

• Mushwin
    Options

to me it dlesn't matter of ranks and perks etc....the fact is, survs now just like are meh against legion to me :( seeing it's when i had layed him, survs just didn't seem to be bothered of me....or i was a threat....the changes to me are not good....i dont think i can come and over adept to this...it has destroyed a fun killer i loved to play

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177
    Options

I can understand both the stun and the losing all your gauge when missing frenzy, I don't really get the insanely long cool down on it though. A lot of times when I ran out of frenzy pre-patch and I somehow found myself close to another survivor i could just get a frenzy hit off them. Now you just have to M1 them instead of frenzy because you're waiting 15-20 seconds. For something that is completely non-lethal it doesnt make much sense to have a long cooldown on it.

• SuperPrincessChaser
    Options

You get information on where other Survivors are and that first Survivor not only had to mend but also has to heal since you are a regular Killer otherwise. The Killers have a basic attack for a reason after all. Legion also has better pressure than Clown as while you are chasing one person as Clown the others are completing objectives, meanwhile as Legion the others could be mending or healing while you chase someone else. Wraith is more threatening depending on situation and playstyle more than the power itself.

• Mushwin
    Options

legion is at the same rank as the clown now...legion is pants now and clown needs a buff, billly needs a nerf and a partidge in a pear tree

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    Options

Legion is surprisingly fine. Better than Clown or most M1 killers really. They can get a lot of pressure and momentum if they can chain a few Feral Frenzy stabs.

Feral Frenzy gives you increased mobility, detection and extra pressure via Deep Wounds. Individualy each of theses things is weak. But when you add them up with perks and keep re-applying them over and over again, its really start to pile up.

But Legion really need to get that initial momentum. If the survivors split up consistently and don't let them chain Feral Frenzy they are just another M1 killer.

Also their add-ons are ass and need to be looked at. But really that apply to most killers.

• BiaNoYami
    BiaNoYami Member Posts: 25
    Options

You might not be wrong; I'm not correcting you.

But this is what I personally find so sad: a casual chase+M1 killer. There's nothing special anymore about the new Legion.

That's what upsets me the most. It does not feel good anymore, whereas it felt awesome before - in my opinion. I adored them for their nimbleness and I miss the old, somewhat faster Feral Frenzy and the fast vaults. The +5% base movement speed don't count as "nimbleness" for me; it's just normal movement. Unrelated to their power and to rushing others down, which is what they were supposed to do.

And while I understand the theory behind the "miss a Frenzy hit = end Frenzy, get fatigued, and deplete entire gauge", I think this is too severe a punishment for ONE missed hit. This was done to combat stab spam, I get it, but depleting the bar by 50% instead of 100% - so you can get a second chance, just a second one, I'm not asking for the world here - would have been more fair to the killer player. After all, even this would still put a stop to the issue, as you can hardly call two stabs an ability spam. Would this not be a better middle way for the killer and the survivors?

I was upset about nearly all of the changes at first; I admittedly was overly emotional. But now, after some thinking and new experiences, I'm merely calling out these three things (Frenzy speed, vault speed, missed Frenzy hit punishment). And I think that is reasonable.

• Master_Bad_Guy
    Master_Bad_Guy Member Posts: 100
    Options

I would like the legion to return the ability to attack during the Frenzy, reducing the amount of bleeding from the survivor. Let the killer himself choose tactics, either M1 or wait for the Frenzy to fill up again and attack.

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

They really messed my favorite killer up..

It's not really fun to play as him anymore, but they don't care about our fun only survivors apparently. Whoever suggested the 1 miss deplete power thing is stupid.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

I miss that they don't disconect as much as before :,-( that was a good edge playing Legion

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

I can still do decently as Legion but it REALLY depends on the map and how good or bad the Survivors for me. Still get some good Bloodpoints but instantly losing Feral Frenzy on missed swings blows chunks imo