Legion Addon/Buff Ideas

Options
Caretaker
Caretaker Member Posts: 764
edited May 2019 in General Discussions

Now that Legion has essentially been gutted I'm hoping we can see some actual power given back to him and see him evened out. The only things he needed was no drain in TR, no more quad stabbing, and to adjust Frank's. However, he just kept getting more and more tacked on for no reason. Such as the Pin changes.

Yea, they're better than they were before cuz they were a meme prior. However they're still not very useful. You're wasting Killer Instinct to apply a debuff to someone you'll just M1 and hook 9/10 anyway? It already starts draining after the 2nd stab/you fatigue so you gave them a speed boost and fatigued so you could apply a debuff. Not really worth it. Especially since if you do hook them they're just sitting on the hook draining the debuff anyway.

An idea I had to make the addons actually worthwhile would be the debuff applies on completing the mend action/or being saved either from the dying state or the hook. This way you can actually make use of the debuffs, and it adds some bite to DW that it really doesn't have. I'd like a general debuff on DW mending but I can only think of adding a minor action speed penalty. Atm DW is just here to buff Borrowed Time let's be real.

Maybe it could add a stacking action speed penalty until fully healed? Give incentive to heal. I get it, Sloppy, red bar bad, but let's face it. Tons of Legion's run SB anyway, and it still doesn't end the game for you, or help them really. Could be something small like 5-10% that applies after completing the mend. Obviously numbers are subject to change.

I'd also like to find a way to adjust Frank's, Fuming, and SWS so that they're not just trash. For Fuming I tossed around the idea of infinite Feral Frenzy outside of a chase. My friend's seemed to think it was a fair bit of power for an Iri and it's mainly just more mobility which is really nice to have. The second you enter a chase your meter drains, and it acts normal until it drains and recharges. Dropping a chase/getting killer instinct will not give you permanent. Only using it outside of a chase.

As for Frank's, I'd go with a stacking speed boost on successful FF M1, really encourage trying to multi-hit, works with duration addons, I like that. Even better let Frank's give Legion his old speeds back. Vault/FF speed, or just vault which imo should be reverted cuz slo-mo vault is just, why?

Stab Wound Study I'd say after mending you can only be healed by another player. After being healed the debuff is removed. I think this might be Iri level, though people generally run around injured anyway so, who knows? I know I just want some uniqueness with his addons, and I think these changes could do that. Note: You could also make SWS give the stacking speed boost, and make Frank's give old vault/FF speed back.

All in all I mainly just wanted to get my debuff application idea/DW buff out there. Cuz atm there's no reason to FF an injured survivor, you can't down anyone with it, it's a mild inconvenience at best. Doc's is what 12 to wipe off and you still have T2 Madness to deal with? Legion you're uh, injured. Most people don't heal so I don't see how that's scary.

Note: Not really an addon but I'd like to see the m1 whiff fatigue changed to a minor bar drain instead of just straight up cancel. A few hits should be fine. If you whiff the bar drains a chunk, easy fix.

Post edited by Caretaker on

Comments

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    Options

I've started playing him since the nerf and have been doing pretty well relative to my efforts on other Killers.

• Schwifty
    Schwifty Member Posts: 70
    edited May 2019
    Options

@Brady Bailing Survivors up in mend time only goes so far. It's a pretty weak Killer ability compared to every Killer I can think of right now. Although yesterday I had 2 survivors go down to the bleed out affect of FF and I was like wha? Where the real power lies is in keeping up with the Survivor during the chase (which I love)

But yeah there is literally no reason to take Frank's Mix Tape and Stab Wounds Study because the bleed out timer doesn't go down during the chase so there is again, literally no way a Survivor would go down to this unless via their own neglect.

• Caretaker
    Options

That's why I enjoy Legion. I like that rushdown, it's like a more active Wraith.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options
  • UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620
    Options

Need reduce cooldown after frenzy by 1 second

• Ihatelife
    Options

I just leave it here for the current mood:

https://youtu.be/KolfEhV-KiA

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

I should say this.

Just because something is performing well, does NOT mean it's fun or alright for the person using said thing. I can get regular 4ks all the time as Trapper, does that mean he is a S tier killer that everyone should use?

No.

Just because it works, does not mean it is fun. Right now, the only thing keeping me from going back to the Trapper is the fact the Legion is highly customizable.

All respect to you, @Almo.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    Options

I like your ideas about the add-ons buffs, especially fuming mix tape and Frank's.

For the pins , I also agree, they shouldnt happen on 2 FF hits but rather once you are done mending.

Another add-on buff I would like to see is to get the speed add-ons back, they changed them to increase KI tracking range but it's pretty pointless there's no reason to use theses add-ons since you can't reach the survs anyway with how slow Ff is.

For the actual power, I still think we should get the old movespeed and vaulting back, and be able to activate frenzy whenever we want, having to wait for it be fully recharged is pretty stupid since they removed the ability to down with frenzy.

I don't mind the current stun to be left at 4 seconds, if we get the old speed back it will balance it out and make so we can't easily m1 down out of frenzy and give surv enough time to reach a pallet or window.

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595
    edited May 2019
    Options

@Almo

Will you be able to find the data for the questions that I asked above? In case you missed it:

Can you give us further information on The Legion's new performance data?

1a. What is the current survival rate for Survivors in Rank 1-4, [excluding all matches that include any disconnects]** against The Legion? (To clarify, not asking for The Legion's kill rate, but for Rank 1-4 Survivors' survival rate against The Legion)

**Please, please stop including matches with DCs when analyzing your data, especially if you are making balancing decisions based on them. We all know that DCs (especially DCs done near the beginning of the game) have a severe effect on the outcome of the match, probably moreso than what killer was played, which is why we eliminated the possibility of starting the game with just 3 (or less) survivors.

1b. Can you give us the same information as above, except divided by Consoles vs PCs?

2. What percentage increase or decrease is there for the number of people using Legion, excluding any games that were used to complete the Legion's Daily

Will you be able to answer it here? Thanks!

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,001
    Options

Caretaker, time to crush this thread, Legion (after a lot of work and sweat) actually is in a better place now, they are pretty powerful, the only issue with them is of course, vault speed, but the change turned my little legion from being able to get 3-4k's commonly, to really common to get 3-4k's, showing that their strength has improved

THIS MEANS THEY DID NOT GET GUTTED

• Shad03
    Options

@Hoodedfengm1n I agree they are stronger, but less unique and fun.

Seriously, I've said this before, including on this very thread, the ONLY thing stopping me from going back to the Trapper is the fact Legion is highly customizable.

But what I want isn't what the devs want, so

• Hoodied
    Options

I agree on the less fun and unique factor, they feel like trapper with the ability to get a free hit

• Shad03
    Options

@Hoodedfengm1n

'Free Hit'

On the PS4? Pfft.

• Hoodied
    Options

@Shad03 I play Xbox, I have to quick lunge to hit someone, its not fun

• Shad03
    Options

@Hoodedfengm1n Guess we'll die. Of a heart attack.

• Hoodied
    Options

@Shad03 Yeah, I vaulted through a window and tripped, took me some time to stand up

-Crutches away-

• Ihatelife
    edited May 2019
    Options

"It's unlikely they are significantly less fun to play"

Look at the reviews

Most of the players have no longer fun from playing as them ingame.

Post edited by Ihatelife on
  • ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784
    Options

I've actually enjoyed new Legion a lot for some reason. I do have a bit of an affinity for M1 killers but idk, I've been having a lot of fun.

The only change I'd make to base Legion is reverting the vault speeds if I'm honest. I don't see why they should be so slow if Frenzy is no longer a method to down people. The fatigue on missing is totally fine to me, you should not be missing hits.

And yeah his addons need work for sure, there are so many bad ones that it feels like there was very little thought/effort put into them. Like damn his Very Rares SUCK, they have absolutely no use (apart from Cold Dirt). And the Pins are completely counter intuitive and terrible.

• Caretaker
    edited May 2019
    Options

At the very least give a few hits. The only reason it was changed was outcry due to "m1 exploit". Even then I don't see why your power should turn off after a swing especially with how iffy the hitboxes can be, and how much control you lose after a vault.

Also, again, you could play this way before....

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143
    Options

Frenzy shouldn't be depleted totally on 1 miss though, give at least 2 swings then you lose the power no more no less.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    Options

Why though? You just shouldn't miss, honestly. Landing hits is totally in your hands, it's your fault if you do (or the survivor spun/Dead Harded you), I don't see the problem in punishing it. Part of what made Legion braindead is he could just swing mindlessly with 0 punishment for missing.

• Gardenia
    Options

Part of what made him braindead was the ability to spam the attack. The change for him to lose the power and eat a stun for a single miss is way too harsh especially when his power isn't very potent coupled with the fact the now survivors can see him coming with his even slower FF and vault speed.

There are many reasons why someone could miss, not just survivors twirling but hitboxes and the like.

It's way to harsh to punish him that way for a single whiff, when the whole appeal of frenzy was to have multiple swings. Before it was 4 to thematically symbolise legions four members but now that it's been toned down, 2 swings is just enough.

• Caretaker
    Options

Yea, that's what I said in the original post if I remembered to add it. I know I commented about it. It should just drain the bar instead. 2-3 swings before fatigue wouldn't break the game.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    Options

I respectfully disagree, I think landing hits is completely in the killer's hands. Like I've been playing a ton of Legion since the rework and I've maybe missed 2 or 3 times? And every time they have been my fault.

Like I said though I'm in favour of adding back his old vaulting speed.

Not sure what you mean by it was 4 before? I thought he never got punished for misses...?

• Gardenia
    Options

I appreciate your candor.

I mentioned it being 4 before, because he was allowed 4 swings before his meter completely drained, it subtly symbolised the members of legion being able to swings 4 times in quick succession.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Considering his pick rate and win rate are about the same I'd say it's not that Legion isn't fun, it's that those complaining about him are a loud minority.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    Options

Not sure if we're talking about 2 different things, but he could miss a lot more than 4 times. Unless I'm missing something.

• Gardenia
    Options

Regardless, personally he feels even more generic now than before. No sense if uniqueness. Part of the appeal for me at least was his speed and fluidity when in chase of FF. Now that that's gone he feels very homogenized and his power at the moment isn't very utilized.

I like the direction they're going in, leaning him more towards tracking, however more changes need to be made to him to make him unique again, because if I wanted to stall and just stick to tracking, we could just play doctor, 115% Ms is fine although it seems like a bandaid fix to me. I could've gone without it, if they had placed greater emphasis on the potency of his power.

• Caretaker
    edited May 2019
    Options

Or the devs have poor stats, and that pick rate is absurdly low and stayed absurdly low cuz no one liked Legion and survivors refused to play against him. Also, we don't even know if those stats about pick rate/kill rate are even legit. Legion was one of the worst killers on their last stat tracking iirc.

Also, he's not fun. I've played him since release, and getting utterly neutered isn't fun. I don't get why everyone suddenly thinks Legion is ok when literally nothing changed aside from a ton of nerfs, and he got made 115. A 5% speed boost and suddenly he's fun and ok. I'm glad my main is being nerfed around people who don't play him or only just now find him fun.

Play literally any other 115 killer and congrats, you're playing Legion except now you actually have a power to use. I don't get why everyone is just blind when it comes to Legion. Absolutely 0 sense.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Frankly I think he's fun and unique currently. And the fact that he still has roughly the same pick rate means there's people who agree and play him because they find him fun.

• Caretaker
    edited May 2019
    Options

If 1% played him before, and 1% play him now, that's still a poor pick rate. How many people do you know that actually main Legion? How often do you see people streaming Legion gameplay?

That's great you find him fun and unique, you can enjoy your basic ######### killer. Unique is laughable, he's an M1 killer who sprint bursts with a broken leg. I don't like new Legion being neutered with no bite, and I actually played him when he was 110, with no addons, or any cheese. He literally is the most basic killer, who's power gets turned off the second someone is injured. You could literally play any other killer and mimic Legion gameplay.

Also, if the pick rate didn't change, that means no one else picked him up at all. It's just old players playing him.

• Gardenia
    edited May 2019
    Options

I respect your opinion, however I don't think those are people who find him fun, I believe those are people who are previously legion mains and still playing him because they want to and because they're highly customizable. Not because of fun.

• Caretaker
    Options

I'm an OG Legion main. Despite how flawed he is, I'll still play him cuz there's at least a crumb of what I enjoyed about him there and he gets decent point gain. I don't want him to be an exploitable mess for sure, but as you've said this isn't my idea of a fun killer.

• Gardenia
    Options

I'm an OG Legion main as well and I still play him for the exact same reason and in hopes he'll get better. Also, I need new skins for Julie. That Neon skin just for Joey was a smack to my face lol

• Caretaker
    Options

I know right! I'm a Susie main, and all I wanted was a Neon version for her same color and everything. I just use the hoodies and mix in the mask/karambit.