Killers dodging lobbies

Options
HURRI_KAIN
HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

If we're talking about punishment for DC, there needs to be punishment for dodging lobbies. I'm on PS4, I immediately ready up, and I've been lobby dodged about half a dozen times in a row. So, like the rest of the community, I hopped on here to complain.

Thoughts? I'm not even that good. around rank 10 right now.

Comments

• HURRI_KAIN
    Options

Ordinarily it's not an issue, but half a dozen in a row is a bit excessive.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453
    Options

So you want to punish killers for dodging a match with a swf group? So does that mean we can implement punishment or penalties for playing in swf.

• BiaNoYami
    BiaNoYami Member Posts: 25
    edited May 2019
    Options

I don't even have a full 300 hours in this game.

And I play killer maybe 2-3 times per month.

So you bet I'm dodging lobbies if I see that two of four survivors have more than 1k+ hours, for example. I also don't like to play against people whose names and/or profiles suggest that they like being toxic kids.

I'd like to have a chance in a match, you know? And I think the skill and knowledge difference between someone with 300 hours and someone with 1000 or more is too big.

I also dodge if I see that I got survivors whose playtimes are far under my own; same principle as above, only that I want the survivors to have a chance. I know how much it can suck to play against a killer with 5k hours, as a person with (back then) 200 hours.

In my personal experience both of these situations ruin the fun. I want to reduce the possibility of that if I can.

But I promise I do understand your frustrations. It happens to me as well, after all. Not only, but particularly when I queue up with two or three friends. A couple days ago we were dodged like... five times in a row? Maybe more. Sure it gets annoying. We were irked, too. But we understand the reason; not everyone likes versing a SWF group. Not everyone thinks, "I'm good enough, I have a chance against them, it might be fun."

But for us it's alright. We get it because when we play killer, we feel similarly.

Either way... A killer lobby dodging is nowhere near comparable to survivors willfully disconnecting and throwing temper tantrums because things don't go as they wish in an already ongoing match. When dodging a lobby, the match has not even started yet at that point, so you lose nothing except a few minutes of your time.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

Check your connection.

Dodging is a way of saying, I don't wanna play this round.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

I think it's about as annoying as Survivors dodging lobbies.

But i don't think either should be punished: This should be the only opportunity you'll get to back out without any consequences, since no one loses anything except time.

• Cardgrey
    Cardgrey Member Posts: 1,454
    edited May 2019
    Options

I'd agree if u agree that anyone with higher then 70 ping is kicked out of the lobby

@HURRI_KAIN

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

A dodge does nothing but a DC ######### everyone up.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938
    Options

I ain't playing survivors with 300 ping, just like how I won't play against a killer with 300 ping.

• HURRI_KAIN
    Options

Sigh, and everyone just assumes I have a million ping. I give up.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

It's a symptom of a bigger disease.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options
  • CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625
    Options

If you don't want people upset at killers dodging lobbies, console queue times need to be taken a look at. People shouldn't be excited to find a match, it should be normal.

It'll be less frustrating not having to wait 5-10 minutes and having a killer lobby dodge every other lobby.

• HURRI_KAIN
    Options

Ouch,... I wasn't even going to go there, but he's got a point or two.....

• Condorloco_26
    Options

Easy answer, because you'll run out of killers. A large percentage doesn't enjoy at all playing vs SWF stacked with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th chances. If they punish those killers for leaving obvious SWF lobbies, well, good luck with your queue times.

Balanced gameplay from both sides of the coin would lead to less DC'ing and lobby dodging, I think.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912
    Options
  • Condorloco_26
    Options

I know, and it will never happen because as soon as SWF is touched, we'll run out of survivors.

Quite a dilemma.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2019
    Options

Thank you, the answer we all knew, but never wanted to admit.

And some survivors don't want to play against 3-5 blink Nurse, Prayer Beads Spirit, etc. But we're not sitting here pretending we'll run out of survivors. So it's not about PING or GRIEFING, it's about balance concerns and wanting to cherrypick easier games.

Now with that in mind, I wish for a dev to answer my questions from any of my posts from today.

• Condorloco_26
    Options

Well, we have never known the real numbers on how many killers vs how many survivors are out there playing. But common sense tells us already: killer queues are almost instant in any platform, at any rank (except for R1, maybe). Survivor queues are usually way longer.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I never check players' profiles, but I'm also on PS4. If they only showed names but didn't allow killers to look at players profiles, that seems perfectly fine. On Steam, players can change their name at will, so it'd matter even less there.

As killer, I often have to dump the lobby because it gets stuck with a three-man team. One survivor leaves, another one takes their place, but it never fills up with four. Dumping the lobby for a fresh one fixes the problem. So yeah, if killers get punished for lobbies being broken, you can bet your lobby wait times will get even worse.

I think not letting players look at profiles is fine. Hiding the survivor and/or their items, that would make being killer even suckier than it already can be. But you cannot punish players for leaving lobbies when bad pings and broken three-man-lobbies are a thing.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451
    Options

Console que are not the problem. The TERRIBLE KILLER EXPERIENCE is the problem. I have dbd on PS4 & PC. I used to be a R1 on both platforms. I dropped console entirely because I got tired of getting 360 due to frame drops, crutches, frame drops on hit which results in miss, super crazy abundance of swf etc. PC is just smoother and better.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2019
    Options

Um... It's the complete opposite for me. There's a thread on queues and none of what you say is supported by the commentary there.

Even now, my survivor queues are near instant, while my killer lobbies stay empty for minutes longer.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited May 2019
    Options

Problem is there are a lot of people playing who should never be in charge. Killers get to dodge specific players and survivor loadouts, while survivors might be going up against that Leatherface who basement camps the first hook for the 4th match in a row and de-pips everyone, but survivors are expected to suck it up. That's not reasonable in any case.

• T0xicTyler
    T0xicTyler Member Posts: 504
    Options

Lobby dodging isn't even close to the same issue as DC'ing but I get your point. The most annoying part about Killers dodging is getting your SWF back together (assuming you aren't solo) and then waiting for another lobby.

Once dedicated servers come it would be great to get re-matched into another lobby immediately (with your party if you have one.)