So... DeathGarden is ######### awesome (no sarcasm)

Orion
Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I was only able to play a couple rounds due to some PC problems, but I love the [DG term for survivor equivalent] gameplay. I love the high mobility, high speed gameplay, I love the open maps, I love the climbing, I love everything. How is this game not more popular?

Comments

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    edited May 2019

I'm tempted to get it for the Trapper mask. Not sure it really looks that interesting though, does at least look like more fluid for the "victim" side to be a bit more engaging. It's community (if it gains one) will be as toxic as this one though. :/

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

It's not more popular because it's a terrible game. The game failed once massively and they didn't do much to fix the issues people had with the original version. The game is going to be dead again within two months. Hunter is brain dead easy and you have to play really really badly to lose a game.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

I also love the new release of the game, the speed of it is really fun and the controls feel fluid and when playing as scavenger when you can be instantly sacrificed it creates a lot more tension, the hunter feels powerful and designed so that you should fear them.

With that being said I do think it could do with a slight tweak to the timer mechanic as all five of you can stealth the whole game and at least three should escape, you gain a lot less points but it's still a bit of a troll mechanic that some may take advantage of just because they can.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited May 2019

Well it's getting there. Has more players now than at release.

• Elegant

That's because it's free to play right now and a lot of people are streaming it. Give it two weeks when the free to play is over and the dbd streamers aren't playing it anymore.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

@Mc_Harty - You are right, it does have more players. It now has @Orion.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

"Hunter is braindead easy"

This is kind of how I feel after watching some gameplay. The fact that you just kill people when you catch them make it seem like Hunter is just ridiculously OP. Maybe if you couldn't do it until the second or third down it would make a difference, but as it stands it seems to me that if you have good aim you should always win as the hunter.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Idk about others, but i uninstalled it cause

• FPS
    • Stunlock
  • Elegant

That was the issue the game had last time. (That and no progression system) good/decent hunters had a 100% win rate because Hunter is really op. They didn't fix that with the update to the game. Most people aren't going to want to play scavenger when they have a near guarantee to lose.

• CallMeSpidey
    CallMeSpidey Member Posts: 625

I was watching Ardetha play it today and he was having a blast.

Very entertaining gameplay.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    edited May 2019

From videos of the game i watched on release, it was too much to me, too much stuns, too much visual effects because of stuns, i felt like i was going to have a seizure and looked incredibly frustrating.

Idk if it changed, probably will, but seeing that really killed my interest in the game.

(I also hate the fact that the hunter keeps saying HMMPHHH when he jumps, it gets on my nerves really fast but that's a minor and nitpicky issue)

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Orion

The reason why it wasn't popular was because solo runners would get absolutely destroyed without communication. It wasn't really fun to get destroyed 10 seconds into the game, while the new version took a system where you don't need communication to do so well.

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773

It's a game like Apex which you'll enjoy at first but get bored of quickly

• NMCKE

@Orion

Before I tell you, I want to tell you this so you don't get confused, "Scavengers" were called "Runners" before the rework of DG. Now, to answer your question:

Ironically, the problem was that BHVR made the perfect asymmetrical horror game. Like if the Runners, Minor Role, didn't work together for a split second, the Hunter, Power Role, would take over in a heart beat. This caused new players to not enjoy the game because they were simply getting rekt'd as the Runner constantly. Consequently, Death Garden started to lose players and became the most "dead" game ever in steam, literally.

Now, you may ask, I still die a lot as the Scavenger, so am I technically getting rekt'd consistently? Well, here's the thing, the win conditions were completely different before the rework. Before the rework, if 3 Runners were sacrificed to the Blood Post, it didn't matter if you was still alive because you still lost. This caused an even more unfun factor because not only you could get rekt'd by the Hunter, but you also had no control on whether or not your teammates got rekt'd. 3 teammates got rekt'd? Too bad you lose! The Hunter seen you? You're getting rekt'd, and you just drastically dropped your team's chances of winning. I know I'm saying "Rekt'd" a lot, but that's what would happen consistently because people wouldn't properly communicate to their teammates, if they even communicated.

• Orion

Those win conditions do sound awful, but they changed that up. My only problem now is my ######### up processor that thinks it's always at 90 ºC (it's not) and is throttling itself. I can barely browse the Internet.

• McCree
    McCree Member Posts: 294

It gets extremely boring after just a few matches for me so yeah lel

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

For now i play 2h on this free weekend and i must say i cant wait when dbd be in this stage.Becose hunter is strong as fk but this scavengers don't must die if team or ppl think what the do.No runing around and shot to hunter just run before drone and help distract hunter when somone need your help.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Hunter braindead easy? just buy Ghost and troll the hunter to oblivion. THose invisibility skills are insane.

• EqMonkVeeshan
    EqMonkVeeshan Member Posts: 416

if you love that style of fast paced game play, check out Gold Express on steam its going to play like DbD but have a speed to it like deathgarden with out the shooter aspect. it is a cyberpunk theme as well.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited June 2019

Bought it, and OP is right! The masks in DbD and Death Garden aren't essential but a nice touch. however, the game is [BAD WORD] amazing! It feels balanced for a 5 v 1 asymmetric game, and the grind is a bit much but also feels totally worth it. Just bought it a few days ago, and Honestly its more balanced and more crazy fast per match than DbD. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE DbD, but Death Garden is fun, fast paced, and addictive. Better yet, it runs on Dedicated servers, and DC's are extremely rare! So, if you guys/girls/people need a distraction for the next few months while DbD works on dedicated servers, controlling the DC epidemic, to scratch that itch? And only a GOOD ALTERNATIVE asymmetric multiplayer game will do? Death Garden is definitely your answer!

• Sentry
    Sentry Member Posts: 124

@thesuicidefox As hunters start to understand the mechanics and reliaze that u get more exp for ever survive u down they will stop instant killing in the first minute. An example is everytime u down a survivor and let them live you gain 200 exp for your next kill,while not letting survivors get picked up only gives u an add bonus of 100 exp Survive who say play killer is easy are just not look at the mechanics and are playing the game like dbd which its not. If u think the games two easy their is a very easy way to make it more diffuclty and gain extra exp. You do this by not instantly killing survors in the first minute u let them get revived and then down other scavengers, for each down you can stack ur exp by 200 and then kill them when u have a lot of stacks. U cant say killer is easy when u dont understand the mechanics.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

I like it. I hope it does well.

• NMCKE
  • Orion

@NMCKE Why not on PC? I just bought it yesterday.

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

Agreed, whats awesome about Deathgarden is i can actually pop on some great tunes while collecting blood because my teammates drop like flies within 30secs.

At least i got those ridiculously high legacy cosmetics to keep me playing lol

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

I Disagree.

DG is just DBD if it was injected with adrenaline for both sides during chases. But other that it's just roam around and do your object/challenges till the big angry man comes stomping around.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

I love it too, The thing i really like is the high mobility, jumping and climbing. After playing Dbd for so long where it's run walk crouch and that's it, having a wider camera view high speed and all those abilities is so much fun.

Playing DBD afterwards felt so slow and clunky It took awhile to get back into it. I wish if DBD 2 where to ever become a thing that it'd have similar movement.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

I personally prefer dbd with I see where you're coming from. There's just something about dbd's atmosphere that I love.

• Orion

Don't get me wrong, DbD's atmosphere is perfect. DG allows scavengers to troll the hunters by taking down their stuff from very far away or literally turning invisible.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

Aside from invisible scavengers its quite nice.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

As I understand as a hunter you want to slug and not immediately execute scavengers for a bonus multiplier to points. But that feels like a weak incentive to not execute immediately for most people - just like in dbd a lot of killers don't care about anything but the kills.

• Orion

What's the point of playing killer if you don't kill?

• Gardenia
    Gardenia Member Posts: 1,143

Everyone, whether you like or dislike Death Garden the most important thing is that we now have another solid Asymmetrical Game we can play. We now have options :)

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Really ? I'm probably meeting some seriously bad hunters since I survive about 2/3 of all my matches if I'm not trolling for chalenges.

But yes It's gotten so much better from it's old self. I didn't think I'll buy it back but devs really nailed the rework.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Meh, looks annoying to me. As somebody pushing 50, I prefer DbD's pace.

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

It's the same trash that flopped not one year ago. Playing Hunter feels like being an old man (a really old man) with a stick trying to get rid of some pesky kids shitting in your lawn. Just like in DbD, as a Hunter (Killer) you win if the Scavengers (Survivors) are stupid. If the Runners have any resemblance of map and gameplay knowledge, they can easily bully the Hunter, without even having to bring voice comms into the equation -wich, just like in DbD, make things even worse. DG is just a mediocre, unbalanced and generic-looking shooter. Really, I don't get why some people seems so excited about this mess. DbD at least looks cool.

• Orion

Well, you have to keep in mind I just started playing a few days ago.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Yeah DG is/can fun.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I would love to play it if I ever get the chance to, I hope it comes out on Consoles soon.

• NMCKE

@Orion

I don't want to leave my console friends behind, they mean a lot to me! :(

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It looks fun, can’t wait for it to come on PS4. :)

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718
    edited June 2019

I love the game. All you really need is your own wits and maybe a friend. Me and my dude, Owl, wrecked a killer. Everyone died but us and we just delivered 2-5 blood and if we heard the music, we hid. If he stayed for too long, we snuck away. Once the timer hit, we split. I was Sawbones (Healer) and he played as Ghost (Invisibility). I can heal from far away and during endgame, he can turn us both invisible (we still have silhouettes) but the killer can't see us through walls and he spams us with invisibility in a bush for 5 seconds 3x until the gate forms and then we evade roll to an easy win. We've won more than we've lost by a landslide. Like, look at my achievements XD We survived 10 matches VERY quickly. Hella fun.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Orion, tell me more, I am planning on buying the game in august on console, and it honestly looks better than dbd at the moment so I want to give it a shot