Wraith Buffs

Options
AgentApple50
AgentApple50 Member Posts: 38
edited July 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Poor Wraith, always being forgot about. Wraith's kit is based on finding survivors, however when it comes to actually hunting them down, he struggles to keep up. With these supposed changes, Wraith will no longer skip leg day.

• 200% movement speed while cloaked (from 126%)
    Reason: Wraith gains a slight increase to his movement speed while cloaked. Unfortunately, this change is too minor to make that much of a difference when hunting survivors or controlling the map. With this change, Wraith can more effectively use his power in chases (like the developers intended for him to do) and also gain more map control. Compared to Hillbilly, his chainsaw allows him to go to an insane speed of 230% and is capable of downing survivors in one hit.

• 25% increased vaulting speed while cloaked
    Reason: Due to Wraith's playstyle revolving around being stealthy, it would be fitting for Wraith to gain an increase in vaulting speed while cloaked in order to make his mobility a little bit better. This would help Wraith get the jump on survivors located in small areas such as the cowshed in Coldwind Farm.

• Completely invisible to survivors 30 meters or more away
    Reason: Currently it is very easy to spot the Wraith who is across the map. Considering that he is cloaked, it should be more difficult to spot an invisible creature who is very far away. This change will help Wraith move around open areas of the map without being spotted easily.

• No terror radius when destroying pallets or damaging generators while cloaked
    Reason: Not too sure why this is a thing in the first place, it is an unneccesary weakness to Wraith when he should be more powerful when he is cloaked in the first place. It is just another of the many indicators given to Survivors that the Wraith is nearby.

• 25% increased uncloaking speed
    Reason: Wraith takes ages to uncloak, and a 25% decreased in uncloaking time (the equivalent of the common "Swift Hunt - Soot" addon) will help Wraith start chases more effectively and in his favor.

• Increased lightburn stun duration
    Reason: If the above changes go through, then Wraith should receive a bigger penalty when burned with a flashlight. As of now, it takes too long to burn the Wraith and the lightburn stun itself is too short to be worth it. There is also a bug in which the burn can occur but still allows Wraith to move, which should be fixed.

CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED, THANKS! :D

Comments

• BaconMuncher9
    BaconMuncher9 Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Why is bullet 4 not a thing? 
    I don't really know how I feel about bullet 3, because you can already hear his footsteps a long distance away, but poor Wraith needs a buff because people with go away once they see/hear him before he even uncloaks. Bullet 3 would possibly make Spine Chill and Premonition more usable. Maybe make Wraith's speed while cloaked 150%-160% instead of 200% because 200% seems a little too strong. I like a lot of these suggestions!
  • connocep
    connocep Member Posts: 14
    Options
    I like it but the speed is a little too much, i can understand that the hillbilly is faster but that's because while charging he has a limited range of movement, while the wraith can still fully control his. I feel 150% would be better, but yeah. I also feel the heartbeat when breaking gens/palletes shouldn't be completely removed, [for one it goes with the lore of the spirit world more], i personally don't play against wraith too much and i don't know how the heartbeat while breaking range works, but if it's the typical 24 metres it should be reduced to like 8, if it's already that low than i say it's ok
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

To be honest, he needs more than 25% buff to uncloak speed. He is playable ONLY while using green and yellow Swift Hunt plus Tinkerer, so I guess it is like 75% buff.

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326
    Options

I agree that Philip needs some love, but this would truly make him into a burning effigy of survivor tears. And we all know how that story ends...

The speed suggestion is way too much, as the Wraith would have a too easy time to catch up with a wounded victim, effectively killing all the fun of a chase. I can agree with the invisibility past thirty meters and the faster vaulting speed. The terror radius things is not too much of a deal I think, but meh... maybe.

I once suggested something that I think would work great for a predator like Wraith. It's something along the lines of 'Death's gaze'. Basically when you look at them while uncloaking the survivor is slowed down. This could be altered with addons, such as one hit downs and exhaustion triggers.

• Hodderfodder
    Hodderfodder Member Posts: 164
    Options

Personally, I think the Wraith's addons should be looked at. Does ANYONE use more than Swifth Hunt and Windstorm?

Who the hell is going to use The Ghost? With the reduction of lightblind, who uses the Blind Warrior?

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@Hodderfodder said:
    Personally, I think the Wraith's addons should be looked at. Does ANYONE use more than Swifth Hunt and Windstorm?

Who the hell is going to use The Ghost? With the reduction of lightblind, who uses the Blind Warrior?

Not only addons, he needs an overhaul.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

i like these suggestions. i'm unsure how 1 - 4 could actually affect the chases, but i like it. (also about number 5: 25% less uncloak would make his normal uncloak speed 3 senconds (from 4))

• M2Fream
    M2Fream Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Heres my own ideas 😘

1) Wraith can move 180% speed whike cloaked
    2) Wraith can do break and vault actions at 150% while cloaked
    3) Wraith gets a 15% speed boost for 2 seconds upon uncloaking
    4) Wraiths uncloak time is 2 seconds by default with the bells ringing at 1.5 and 2 seconds.
    5) Each ring of the bell will petrify survivors within 3m, giveing them 96% movement speed for 3 seconds
    6) Wraith is completely invisible until he starts the uncloak action
  • azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    I like the speed idea, but let's keep the uncloaking the same. I'd love to pop out of stealth, hit, then go invisible to race ahead of where the survivor is going and be there uncloaking. It would then give the survivor a bit of a jump and force them to actively adjust their escape or double back as the wraith initiates another chase
  • Docandlegion_1
    Docandlegion_1 Member Posts: 3
    Options

the ghost should be base.