Noed change idea

Hello,

So with MoM change we on Reddit got an idea how similar changes can be implemented on noed.

Instead of giving noed for free, let killers earn noed. It could be various things. Let's say you have to hook all 4 survivors once in order for noed to activate in endgame. It will also not let "#########" killers to have in endgame. Tunnelers and campers would be punished for their gameplay ruining style by not having cheap insta down.

Might be something like having to hook survivors 6/5/4 times. Something along those lines.

Fixes few problems, tunneling, camping and unfair kills by bad killers who where outplayed until endgame started.

Comments

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited June 2019

I don't see how this change would fix Tunneling and Camping.

Actually I think this perk has been changed a total of 4 times now. Most of which if not all were nerfs.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686
    edited June 2019

I love this.

But again, bad killers will defend it and devs sadly said that noed is in a good spot. Doubt they'll change it anytime soon.

• Pudding
    Pudding Member Posts: 70

how about you make it only an exposed status and remove the speedboost. done.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Jdsgames Yep you're right.

Also why do you people want to change NOED. I want a serious reason.

• drunky26
    drunky26 Member Posts: 686

Exposed status is what makes it a crutch perk. No one complains about the speed boost :)))

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Educate yourself before falling into the same trap as other survivors who ask for dumb things.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

NOED was not free, they lost a perk slot all game and all you had to do was break some skulls sitting on some sticks to stop it from ever activating

all the people who say NOED is a problem also refuse to do dull totems "cause they are too hard to find" but also can't be bothered to use small game, survivors have 16 perks to work with in every trial

• Pudding
    Pudding Member Posts: 70

thats the point tho^^ im fine with having it as a crutch perk^^ theres nuf other crutches as well on both sides. the thing that makes this perk so bullshit is that theyre so much faster not that they insta down^^

• FTSA
    FTSA Member Posts: 33

oh look, a bad killer main that doesn't want noed change. A perk that rewards you for failing. Yet you complained about MoM and old DS because they "reward you for being bad". Hypocrisy at its finest.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

NOED can be worked around in its current state, even if you don't get all the totems before gens go off. Just make sure not to bunch up before you know if the killer has it or not. Given sometimes you'll get bad teammates who won't be able to make it out, despite your attempts and bad teammates who flee instead of attempting to help, but that's part of the game in a way.

• fluffybunny

The issue with survivors being rewarded for mistakes is that there's four of them. Both DS and MoM are things that can prolong chases. Since there's four different survivors and only one killer, it would make sense for the survivor to have to succeed to gain their bonuses. Relating to lore, I would think it would create more hope to earn something than to be handed it.

This isn't as much of an issue with killer because there's only one of them and (related to lore) their job is to get hope from survivors. They're meant to be tormentors, so-to-speak. You were so close, but bam. You're down.

• fluffybunny

@holywhitetrash

survivors have 16 perks to work with in every trial

That's assuming everyone you face is a SWF. Solo survivors aren't given enough time to plan stuff like that out and most will bring stuff to help them survive during the match.

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    edited June 2019

Nvm

• holywhitetrash

@fluffybunny

Solo survivors aren't given enough time to plan stuff like that out and most will bring stuff to help them survive during the match

60 seconds not including the time you had before all 4 got in lobby is in fact enough time to ask if someone is bringing small game.

if NOED is a problem then bringing small game will help you survive

• fluffybunny

@holywhitetrash NOED isn't a problem, though, and small game isn't a good perk to bring. You really don't want to be breaking totems before end game (especially since people tend to break the easily seen ones, leaving the ones hard to find). But your statement is assuming you have access and control over the perks random people use, which you don't. Half the time you don't get a response from a "hello," let alone a request to bring a perk/offering. If you're bringing the perk, that's one perk down you could use for something that's actually useful. Not only that, but you're wasting time on something that isn't guaranteed and that you don't get meaningful points from and if you happen to leave one left and get chased, the randoms you play with likely don't know and won't go for the last totem on your behalf.

Please don't act as though everyone plays SWF.

• holywhitetrash

@fluffybunny i know NOED isn't a problem, my point is that people are constantly saying NOED is broken but these same people REFUSE to use a perk that is practically a hard counter to NOED or to even bother to break dull totems at all

If you're bringing the perk, that's one perk down you could use for something that's actually useful. Not only that, but you're wasting time on something that isn't guaranteed 

just saying adrenaline is one of the most used perks in the game but if you aren't injured when the last gen pops then it didn't do anything for you

Please don't act as though everyone plays SWF.

expecting players to have the capacity to type into a chat box 60 seconds before game starts is not assuming they are SWF, if no one answers then you can assume they aren't gonna help you in your plan, which means you have to decide whether to abandon or figure a way you can commit to it by your self

• toxicmegg
    toxicmegg Member Posts: 662

actually a good idea, NOED is one of the most no skill perks in the game which i think only babies use.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

God, here we go again.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Honestly I don't think NOED needs changes, but this is not a bad idea.

• FTSA
    FTSA Member Posts: 33

yeah but using lore as a way to balance this game is illogical and shouldn't be a basis of any argument.

• pandorayr
    pandorayr Member Posts: 603

No.

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

Use Small Game or learn totem spawns. It's pretty easy. I look at each map as 6 giant grids. Each grid will have a totem location. Play the game long enough and you'll memorize where they can spawn. I have NEVER had a problem finding all 5 totems. Besides, breaking all the totems adds 1 minute and 15 seconds to the match or you get punished for it if you are doing it by yourself. Otherwise, it's just a 30 second time waster if everyone is breaking totems. You don't want to break totems because you rather gen rush without any real fear. This is your secondary objective sometimes. Just like SWFs, the killer may not ALWAYS have NOED but it doesn't hurt to cleanse. Once they increase gen time by 2 minutes altogether or add a secondary objective that is required, don't ask for nerfs to NOED. You won't get any and killers won't have any sympathy for a game that can last for 2 minutes and 20 seconds with toolboxes and 20-25 pallets, each having a 10-20 second loop to it. The time constraint is already bullshit. You have PLENTY of TIME to cleanse. No excuses. If you still don't like it, run small game or wait until the killer leaves or get lucky and find it lit before he catches someone. Not that hard.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,238

So bad killers use a perk that can be disabled before usage and still requires them to SEARCH , FIND and actually HIT a survivor before it might be disabled.

Sorry but if you complain about bad killers using a perk that only activates if YOU do not deactivate it, that just makes you worse than that bad killer.

• toxicmegg

as a survivor main, i rarely play killer but when i do i never use NOED and never camp or tunnel even on the endgame cuz i accept the loss survivors who have played well escape its all ok to me. it's not the most important thing to kill everyone i usually just kill 2 or 3 and still double pip, sometimes i get 4k within 3 gens left since i use ruin and sloppy butcher. but i dont need NOED or camping to get kills. and as survivor yes i cleanse totems but usually it feels like waste of time bc its not sure the killer even has NOED, and so that time could be spent by doing gens. still, if the killer's NOED activates it feels unfair when they just get free downs as a reward of their own failure. it's a bit too strong perk but i guess we can live with it DBD has never been balanced game

• toxicmegg

it feels like the game does everything for the killer, when they use NOED, nurse's calling, BBQC and spirit fury or whatever as the 4th perk. it doesn't even require much skill from the killer the game just finds the survivors for you and lets you get instadowns when you have "failed".