ScottJund with some valuable advice for DbD’s Future

2»

Comments

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

The problem with having an unbiased team is that they will likely be biased.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2019

The reason developers don't do stuff like this is because even the best players at a game do not offer good solutions to problems. In fact many have very stupid ideas that would never work in the game. They can help devs identify the issues, but that's about it.

I worked in game dev for a short time. It's not like you think it is. 5 years ago I would have agreed with everything Scott said, but today no. Devs should DEFINITELY not let any players in on the concept design process. That's honestly a very stupid idea, as it just creates a risk of leaks for them and won't do anything to make the game better.

What they SHOULD do is bring in top players to play the current state of the game and give feedback on the issues. Then look at the biggest issues, look at the games they played to see exactly what is happening, then come up with solutions themselves. We need a game health check more than we need "pros" deciding what should and shouldn't be in the game.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Bias aside, i guess ANY experienced player can see the problems with Legion, MoM and Ghostface.

Just show some vet streamers your ideas and if everyone says this will not work, think about it. Some like clown, some may not. But everyone agrees on fundamental flaws.

• xmidnitejokerx
    xmidnitejokerx Member Posts: 26

I think the roadmaps are the problem. They’re dead set on the 3 month chapter train to pump out DLC (which is understandable, they want to make money and keep fans happy at the same time). But 3 months is not a lot of Time to create whole new power and perk designs from scratch. You can see in their recent perk designs, that they are basically running out of ideas. There’s only so much you can do in this game mechanics wise, without basically copying other abilities and powers. To really create something fresh and new that is also gamechanging takes a lot more than the 3 month time tables they are working on.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Eh I don't think this is the case.... Vince and cahla the 2 streamers who were on the 3yr anni stream got to see an inside look of what's coming and they didn't announce anything to the community

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

Well this is just an idea, but if they suggested it I think the hardest part would be finding people that would be unbiased or at the least having equal biases on each side. If they can do that I think it would be really good for the game's future.