Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Fix. The. Totem. Spawns.

I am so tired of this nonsense where more than half the time your Hex totem is guaranteed to spawn either right next to a gen, on top a hill, or a Survivor spawns insanely close to it.

How hard could it possibly be to make it so totems don't spawn next to gens or on top of hills? The newer maps like the Swamp, Gideon Meat Plant, and Lery's don't have this problem happen too often aside from Survivors spawning right next to a totem.

Comments

• ZiNc
    ZiNc Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 250

+1 for less-rng totem spawns.

#MakeHexesGreatAgain

• WebMonkey
    WebMonkey Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2018

I think that maps should spawn dead-ends and THATS where the totems should be placed. Also checking dead ends would be dangerous for survivors. They don't have to be super long, just something that goes around a corner and comes to a stop. If you are searching for totems, then you have to GO IN to search. ;)

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

I'd like the Hex to spawn at least around the killer's position when you start the round.
    Not right next to it, but at least not at the opposite of the map, where the survivors will most likely be, which will lead to it being destroyed under 1min, whatever you do.

• WebMonkey
    WebMonkey Member Posts: 28

And the award for worst Hex Totem spawn location goes to...

And here it is from the other direction...

This is pretty much the center of the map. This flaming totem is set against a dark map environment and can be seen from either sides of the map looking up and down this central "MacMillan estate avenue".

THIS is why Hexes are pretty much useless right now.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

WebMonkey said:

This is pretty much the center of the map. This flaming totem is set against a dark map environment and can be seen from either sides of the map looking up and down this central "MacMillan estate avenue".

THIS is why Hexes are pretty much useless right now.

I have a solution to solve this problem and I know this may be kinda overkill forbut survivors but totems do need some love. As a console Dead by Daylight player, I've spawn right beside hex totems 3 times and it may not be a lot but that's not counting the PC players and console players that also sometimes spawn directly beside a hex totem. So here are my ideas to make hex perks more viable as well as totem spawns.

Totems will no longer spawn within 32m from a survivor, hook, generator, chest, and lockers. However a totem will always spawn in the killer's basement, regardless of the rules mentioned above. Additionally, totems will now have skill checks that regress 50% upon a failed skill check.

That may still sound like a lot for a survivor mains but please don't get upset about this because at the end of the day, if you find the hex totem, you'll still be able to destroy it even with skill checks on the totem. Additionally you'll always know where 1 totem is at every game, which is the killer's basement. Please give constructive feedback and point out any flaws because that's the reason why I came to the forums!