The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Reason why this Game is Survivor Sided

2»

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

This game was always in survivor favor.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited June 2019

They said that they're fixing maps wow. Pallets are OK and dealable with, but maps designs, specifically the placement of windows and dropdowns need some looking at, also the size of specific pallet loops, but it's all down to map design. The devs acknowledged it and are working to fix it.

The game is obviously not survivor sided, stop spreading misinformation. Using that as a scapegoat for when survivors are given strong perks (MoM) that will get nerfed or if you lose is a bad habit.

• Poweas

@poopman some people just want to play with friends though. It's unfair. They should make Solo survivor as strong as SWF and buff all the killers to be able to deal with the survivors.

Spirit and Nurse would need no buffs obviously.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Though I sympathize with the points OP made, I don't think he has enough objectivity here. Killer is by far the easiest way to BP grind. Killer is not difficult by any means. I main Trapper and can easily hit red ranks (regardless of being colorblind and not able to see blood or scratches). It is all about decisions and being willing to drop a chase if it looks like it will cost you too much.

I 3-4k regularly, not counting matches with 2 or so DC. The gen rush can get you vs organized SWF, but it is not impossible. The minute I realize I have a good SWF, I switch tactics and start hitting their weaknesses, which is usually altruism and finding the gen jockies of the team. Funny how the chase member keeps following you when you focus on the jockies.

• Poweas

@poopman oh didn't get it XD sorry.

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

We can't trust it because it doesn't count DC, suicide on hook, etc

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,082

I mean entire post complained about map design, survivor perks and generator being completed. Map design and loops have been this way for at least 2 years+ and they were even worse than before. Also a recent change to farm maps was boarding up cold-farm jungle gyms, so your information is outdated, inaccurate and false. Survivor perks vs killer perk balance hasn't changed much. Developers simply do not understand that 1 killer perk has to equal 4 survivor perks and none of them equal that besides Hex:ruin(?). Gen rushing is a big problem in red ranks, but that's largely because killers have no tools to stall generators. You can have Iridescent in chaser, Iridescent in devious(apply pressure) and still have bronze or no medal for stalling generators. I mean, kicking generators is a joke in regards to regression a generator, the perks they release to stall the game are horrifically bad and hitting a survivor repetitively so that they spam healing enough to stall the game out is extremely difficult for when players are good at the game(due to looping) unless your playing a strong killer.

• ba_tetsuo
    ba_tetsuo Member Posts: 330

"Each map has a range of pallets (minimum and maximum pallet count). If the minimum number of pallets for that map has not been reached and there are no more valid pallet spawning locations, the game will then break the rules and spawn the remaining pallet(s) wherever it can. This is why you might rarely get a double pallet. The silver lining is that when this happens, you have the absolute minimum number of pallets for that map."

Why is it even possible for a maps minimum number of pallets to be greater than valid spawn locations? Valid spawns should literally be the most amount of pallets that can spawn.

• UkilledLegion
    UkilledLegion Member Posts: 620

Author good letter u wrote.I think why killers only 14% .new player bought game installed it.choose killer and start play.And first game SWF team with voice flaslights toolboxes.and after 1stgame new player throw killer's side.Now survivors in game 70%.Killers game now unattractive with this emblem system.kill 4 survivors but u play bad and no pip :D I think devs must no react if main survivors will dissatisfied that difficult run from killer.but today survivors control map with voice and without voice too,and today killer difficult chase and catch survivors its incorrect.i hope in future make killer's game good and born to survivors fear and responsibility for your actions in game process.

• UkilledLegion

and I don't understand why freddy rework?he was good anti genrush killer.but now?dream pallet teleport>why need dream for new freddy???what power?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

And now at purple ranks I’m being paired with R15 survivors:/

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

That's a half truth, it hasn't always been in mind to be survivor sided, its just bad game design led us here...

• FireHazard

Play a SWF with any Mid-Tier killer, tell me how long you last before you pull hair from your scalp.

I agree with the windows and dropdowns, but I don't agree that this is spreading "misinformation" because clearly it isn't if they're taking time to (finally) fix it. I do agree though, map design plays a crucial point in how loops work in this game, and as we all know, most maps are terrible designed. You can't deny most of them had the intent to be Survivor sided with some of the loops they pull of, not to mention the 90+ safe pallets around the corner if the infinite safe pallet is destroyed.

I already know they're fixing this though, this post is to just keep in mind to not repeat past mistakes. You learn from the past, not repeat it for similar lazy results.

• FireHazard

You can still see the killers red stain at some angels of those jungle gyms.

The rest of this I agree with, they claim they're looking into buffing Pop Goes the Weasel, but I don't see how that really fixes anything.

Also I complained mostly about map design because the maps in these games are horrible designed for balance, once they fix the loops though, you'll most likely expect way less gen rushing as looping will last half as long now.

• FireHazard

Ouch, I partially blame the issue for green ranks on de-rankers trying to go to a "less sweaty rank" but make it harder for Killers that're not at their skill set.

And yeah, I sometimes get paired with green ranks at rank 1-2 also. But that's kinda normal now... for some reason.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited June 2019

They need to put a 2nd objective since killer can struggle alot if there swf with 2nd objective included it makes the game balance for both sides

1. Survivor will not get bored by holding m1

2.killers will have fun and dont have to steuggle to get survivors

Post edited by Tru3Lemon on
  • Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266

Peanits, you did not mention anything about the generators, you think they're fine?

• FireHazard

@Th3Nightmare The generators are not the problem, its the map design and loops that cause generator rushing to exist.

That, and with no 2nd objective it causes generators to fly by in a SWF. They're fixing the loops and map design though, so we'll most likely see less generator rushing with Mid-Tier killers soon.

• FireHazard

But what does that have to do with the points I was bring up here though...

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387
    edited June 2019

This dude can't word the problems of the game any better. I think the Mods should consider to look at our suggestions to change the game a little, so that it'll speed up the process of buffing/nerfing killers/perks. While also improving the game itself via map changes/reworks, create better killers that are actually viable, and add new mechanics to keep us immersed. This game has so much missing potential, and I think the answer lies with the communities' opinions/ideas.

Thank you for reading this, just shoving my opinion inside here.

• FireHazard

Its odd how people don't view it this way. Most people (older players) just think the games fine cause in 2016 you could break hooks forever, iron grasp and Agitation was the meta, and you could 99% gens.

Yes, the past was worse than now... That doesn't justify the bad design choices of today though.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Exactly. I played since Day 1.

Just cause infinites are gone doesn't mean the game is currently balanced.

Besides, whenever someone uses infinites as an example of a "nerf" to Survivors, is always makes me ######### myself.

You can't nerf something that never should have existed.

• FireHazard

EXACTLY! Why do infinite's even exist? Is it like a cop out for the map design or something?

I don't get it, why do we need 10+ safe pallets per map, why do infinites need to be a thing, why, why, oh why.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

Pallets aren't infinites.

Infinites were back before Window Entity blockers. Survivors could very easily abuse multiple windows and the Killer legit could never do anything about it.

Also you know all the windows that are randomly boarded up sometimes? Yeah, none of that.

I agree pallets are annoying. But they are NOT infinites.

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

"..Developers simply do not understand that 1 killer perk has to equal 4 survivor perks.." Perhaps you don't understand that this is only true if a killer perk affect only 1 survivor. B&C affect only one survivor? And Hex Ruin? And nurse calling if someone if healing another surv? So.. that's not true.

• FireHazard

No that is not at all what I mean, i'm talking about infinite's like the Crotus prenn asylum, or one of the cow maps slaughter houses.

I wasn't talking about pallets being infinite's though, some infinite's do have pallets are them.

• UkilledLegion

@FireHazard read my first message before freddy please

• FireHazard

@UkilledLegion Its really hard to read, but what i'm understand is... SWF are a problem with voice coms, you kept getting SWF most of the day, and loops played a factor into it with the bad map design as well.

I agree with some of this I guess? I can't really understand it because its not written very well though...

• Dreadlok
    Dreadlok Member Posts: 18

Lots of reading, but I feel your pain as a killer main.

Don't forget to mention that, at times, lobby waits can be upwards of 10 minutes. And after that long a wait, you get a SWF (with flashlights and insta heals) all running DS, MoM, BT and Adrenaline. It can be very frustrating, especially if you play the way survivors want you to (no camping or tunneling). At the end of the day though, its just a game. So, because none of these people are coming to my house for dinner or meeting me out for drinks, IDGAF..... I play my way.

A quote on my Steam profile I love - "You're the killer. Not a homemaking wife baking apple pies. Not a social worker helping homeless people get back on their feet. A killer. Your job is to sacrifice survivors to the Entity. And the trial has given you all the necessary tools to do so. There is no right or wrong way to play. Just play." 

👍️

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited June 2019

This is a really, really good post that goes in-depth as to why Killers who aren't Nurse, Spirit, Hag, or Billy can struggle so much so often at higher ranks.

In my experiences, green ranks are very similar to purple and red. If I had to guess, it's because Survivors don't want to risk getting to red ranks and waiting 20-30 minutes for a single game.

Sounds seem to be getting an update in the next patch, but it probably won't solve everything. I think we'll need a couple of patches to completely fix the sounds. Scratch marks have been bugged for a while now. I've had games where a Survivor turned and the scratch marks acted as if they kept going forward. Sometimes they will only spawn on the ground and not catch onto objects beside them. It gets really annoying.

I'm really hoping that Haddonfield is the next map to be reworked. It still has so many infinites that have no counters aside from playing a specific Killer.

• FireHazard

This, all of this.

Its a pain things have been in such a bad state for awhile when it comes to scratch marks, sounds, map design, and pallets. We'll finally see something for two of those 4 things, but the other two, scratch marks and sounds, idk how long that'll take to fix.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

@weirdkid5 false. You can absolutely nerf something that shouldn't have existed. Any time a mechanic is removed is an example of this. Either it was accounting for an outdated meta or it was something that shouldn't have existed. Trying to claim that nerfing something like infinites doesn't count as a nerf is an example of the No True Scotsman fallacy.

Thus infinite removal would be a valid rebuttal to for example the claim that "Survivors are never nerfed" or something similar.