Stealth rewards/ M.o.M change/ killer aura perk nerfs.

Alright, I play a fair amount of both killer and survivor. But I think the survivors need some more incentive to play more stealthy instead of balls out. Sure you can hide from the killer but only receive somewhat of under 100 blood-points. (Depending on how long you're in the killer's terror radius) Maybe increase the blood-points from how long you're in the terror radius to a default value.

As for the Mettel of Man changes, I think it's slightly over-tuned. I think instead of just taking hits or with the up coming protection hits. Maybe you should be awarded a stack if you can lose the killer in a chase after being injured. I think that could personally work well and still be fair to both sides.

Now for the killer perk nerfs. (this also ties into stealth) I think maybe reduce the range of aura perks. Like BBQ, Nurses, Bitter murmur. ETC ETC. Survivors can't play stealthy against aura reading perks. With the killer constantly being shown where they are or general location. It leaves the survivors to just running loops and some mind-gaming.

(Personal note: I'm under the impression the devs majority play killer a lot of the time and don't give the survivors the buffs they need.)

Comments

• AStupidMonkeyy
    AStupidMonkeyy Member Posts: 718

Look at that BAIT!

• NeonWildSurge
    NeonWildSurge Member Posts: 34

But seriously, Survivors do need some form of buff. Hell I would do away with aura perks all together if it were up to me.

• RicardiBacardi
    RicardiBacardi Member Posts: 77

Summary of this post, nerf killers, buff survivors somehow.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Ok so while you are addressing a real issue, you aren't getting at the right causes.

Tracking perks do not counter stealth to the extent that you are suggesting. And while more BP rewards would indeed be great they aren't going to fix anything by themselves.

The REAL issue is a combination of 2 things:

Looping and Scratch marks.

First of all: You are going to be caught eventually, it's not a matter of if but when.

That's not because avoiding being caught is impossible if we design the game for it, but rather if you can avoid the Killer the whole game with any real consistency then the game will be boring AF at the very least for the Killer.

Thus the game is going to come down to what happens AFTER you get caught. And the answer right now is obviously that you get chased, that part is fine.

The issue is in what the survivor's options now are. In theory you can either:

A: Get back into hiding

or

B: Stall until A is possible

however Scratchmarks mean that A is extremely unreliable without a dedicated build for it, and even with that dedicated build it still is risky to pull off. Thus in order for the game to have any sort of balance what so ever the Survivor's ability to stall in a chase needs to be amazing, and it is.

• MrSunbro
    MrSunbro Member Posts: 111

If you drop a pallet on a killer and get distance yu WILL break a chase an since its so broken you could get mettle in the first chase you're in.

Also get used to aura perks instead of nerfing them because

thry

have

counterplay

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

There are so many ques that stealth isn't all that hard to pull off, it just depends on how thoroughly a killer is willing to search and the more time the further gens progress .

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

wheres the quality bait photo when you need it right now

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

nice bait mate, no one is falling for that tho.

• adalesmo
    adalesmo Member Posts: 164
    edited June 2019

Why incentivize stealthy play as survivor? It's virtually never good for teamwork, that's only a very good strat if you're looking to be the last survivor for hatch. Teamwork should be rewarded, not selfish, dead weight play. One of the reasons perks like urban evasion should have a cooldown.

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    edited June 2019

Ecxuse me?

I agree stealth needs some buffs, but survivors?

These little fellas currently dominate.

• Mänzel
    Mänzel Member Posts: 73

I would enjoy, if the game would be more stealthy.

Dunno what you think, but in my opinion pallet looping is also not a good game design...

To BBQ: I take it, because I fell like I have to... Waste 100% more BP is just rediculus. As long as you don't have every character leveled, it feels like a must have... I would also take it, if there would be no aura reading in it... Feels bad man.

Aura perks itself. I think everything except whispers is counterable.. That's also a part of stealthy play.

But buffing stealthy play and maybe remove some loop stuff in exchange. That would be something I enjoy. But the exchange has to be fair...