So Ghost Face will indeed receive a nerf?

ad19970
ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Did I read that right? May not have much effect at all but still I somewhat can't believe they actually plan to nerf him already. Can't we at least wait and see how he does at high ranks before planning any nerfs to him? I don't want to spend money on any new killer if he might not be as viable anymore.

Especially the fact that marked survivors can no longer be stalked. Why the hell? Are you to afraid of releasing an actually powerful killer?

Comments

• Jimsalabim
    Jimsalabim Member Posts: 641

another crybaby. let's gooo

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900
    edited June 2019

Sorry I'm out of the loop of the latest news, what is the nerf?

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Marked survivors does that mean exposed?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

From the post detailing the patch:

UPCOMING HOTFIX PATCH

DEV NOTE: We have made some slight adjustments to Ghost Face following the second PTB. Unfortunately, they have not made it into the current patch but will be introduced in an upcoming hotfix in the near future. Thank you for your understanding.

BALANCE

The Ghost Face:

· Stalk rate add-ons (Telephoto Lens, Night Vision Monocular) are slightly reduced.

· Pallet stuns will now break Ghost Face out of stealth.

· Marked Survivors may no longer be stalked.

· Killer Instinct base duration slightly increased.

· Killer Instinct add-on (Marked Map, Victim’s Detailed Routine) duration slightly increased.

· Detection area of screen slightly increased for Survivors attempting to reveal Ghost Face

• Grazox
    Grazox Member Posts: 45

I'm okay with most of the changes. I expected the stalking while already marked to be removed since it didn't seem like it was intentional. However, they should be slightly buffing him in other areas to compensate.

Likewise, no further changes to his perks which desperately need it. And Mettle of Man still require you to be injured, which is unnecessary since the whole problem with it was the disparity between M1 and M2 Killers.

Still, they didn't gut this patch, so small victories.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

It sounds like a really small nerf but he probably will be more fair like this. He can be lethal but high ranks will probably beva mixed bag for him. He's gonna be fun to play regardless.

• ad19970

Yes exactly. You were able to stalk them to prelong the exposed effect, but not anymore.

• ad19970

I hope it really will just be a very small nerf to him. I was really looking forward to a viable killer at high ranks, and any noticable nerf might hurt him too much.

If they wanna nerf any killer, they should take a look at Nurse and her addons. Still can't believe they don't touch her addons but then nerf killers like Ghost Face.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@ad19970 Eh i don't see the big deal there that sounds unnecessary to have imo.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

No idea about the add-ons since I dont have access to PTB...but the rest of the changes look reasonable/fairly tame.

Pallet stun effect makes sense, the stalking is fine,,would be too strong if you could keep stalk-tracking people with a endless potential to insta-down, where as Michael can only Tier 3 (outside of Add-ons) for so much/many times.

*slowly shrugs* maybe I'm missing something.

• ad19970

I'm just worried about the fact you can't stalk marked survivors. I feel like that might hurt him too much. With the many pallets on a map, 45 seconds might not always be enough time to down a survivor. His ability doesn't help with loops.

Him being able to stalk marked survivors gave him at least some counterplay at safe loops.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited June 2019

I'll wait and see how it plays out before I decide. I suspect people are overreacting.

EDIT - Downvotes for being reasonible eh? Thanks for proving all the suvivor apologists right and making this look like a killer echo-chamber. FFS, get a grip guys.

Post edited by FrenziedRoach on
  • scerckan
    scerckan Member Posts: 149

its ok guys just feel the music

• n2njauwu
    n2njauwu Member Posts: 267

well i mean i guess they will merge legion and ghostface into 1 character i guess ? xd

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

What did stalking an exposed survivor do? Add more time to the exposed? In that case it's pretty reasonable that it got changed imo.

• ad19970

Dude you should maybe start realising that your posts are pointless.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

the most funny part its whats the points the votes that who loved the change for ghostface in the ptb

• Drazen
    Drazen Member Posts: 400

hes 5th member of the so called killer group 'The Legion'

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

most killer mains expect this stuff

• PoisonN
    PoisonN Member Posts: 624

Awnnn in any case we have the Nurse by the way

Feel the music

• ad19970

Lol too fitting. Survivors seem to hate go against Nurse yet who else are you supposed to pick if only a handful of killers are viable at high rank.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    edited June 2019

It's not about the nerfs being harsh or not, he just didn't need nerfs whatsoever.

But I mean, who's surprised really? They probably just want to be absolutely sure we don't get another killer that even resembles something viable at red ranks. Everyone loves having to play the same 3 killers over and over right?

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

What is the point in asking your community if they liked the changes to Ghost Face, only to just change him again just after launch?

I swear, this game isn't going to last another 5 months if the devs keep ######### up like this.

• n2njauwu
  • gantes

The sad thing is that if by some reason these nerfs are too much and make him like Trapper levels of bad, we'll be stuck with a ######### killer for a long time because compensation buffs WILL NOT happen.

He's probably gonna be fine but I swear to God I don't understand what goes through the dev's minds sometimes.

• FeelsVeryBadMan
    FeelsVeryBadMan Member Posts: 197
    edited June 2019

If you call this a nerf then I'm Oprah Winfrey.

This is legit nothing, I don't understand this outcry. Maybe the last point is bad, but that's it.

But hey, what do you expect from Killer Mains.

I'm starting to think that Killer Mains only want Killers who can one-shot survivors just by being on the map. Viable, right?

*sigh*

• gantes
  • MasonMyers69
    MasonMyers69 Member Posts: 246

Why are you doing this, this company is going to go downhill with this game if you proceed to do changes like this, NO ONE WANTS THEM

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

Stop buying #########, maybe they will understand

• gantes

Just to be clear, I don't think the changes will kill him, I don't think it's a harsh nerf and he feels a bit janky to break out of stealth now, so the last change is OK.

I'm just questioning why change the rest because off the top of my head I can't think of a good reason why.

If the reasoning is fine and he turns out OK after that, I'm good.

• n2njauwu

XD it will ceratainly kill him at high rank . with extending mark you could on loop crouch for bit then show up and keep doing that to extend the mark to punish loopers

• gantes

He was already born dead at high ranks for being an M1 killer.

Yes, that change is the part that bothers me the most, but let's see what they have to say.

• ad19970

Dear lord just listen to all the negative feedback on these changes.

The fact that BHVR already has nerfs planned before even seeing how he does at high ranks just goes to show how they don't have much of an idea on how to properly balance a game.

If you keep continuing like this, and nerf the other viable killers at high ranks, I can promise you this game's future will not look very bright. I'm seeing people already getting scared about nerfs to the other viable killers. Would be a shame really.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,243

The reasoning is that their goal is C tier killers. All we can do is vote with our wallets.

• HurricaneJake187
    HurricaneJake187 Member Posts: 1

The nerfs aren't that bad. It's not like he's getting the Freddy treatment :T

Y'all are overreacting

• ad19970

Personally, I think it could hurt Ghost face quite a bit that he can't stalk marked survivors any more.

However, it's not really just about the nerfs. But rather about the fact that they plan to nerf him before even seeing how he does at high ranks. It just shows how afraid they are to release a viable killer at high ranks.