Why is the pallet stun VFX going live?

edgarpoop
edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,243

It's completely pointless and multiple people (myself included) complained of it being uncomfortable and potentially triggering migraines in the PTB feedback forum. At least give us the option to turn it off.

Comments

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited June 2019

Who knows. I have a "theory"...

• Pike_Trickfoot
    Pike_Trickfoot Member Posts: 437

I was lurking on that because it really affects me just from watching that whole effect. What's the point of feedback again? I think I'm missing something here and it makes me sad.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,243

They're pretty inconsiderate as a whole when you factor this and flashlight blinds. Certain flashlight/add-on combos make me turn away from the screen, and I've straight up d/c'd before if I'm getting flashlight spammed. Sudden lighting effects are very debilitating to some people, and they don't seem to care.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Wait, that annoying flash of light is staying?

I prefer playing in a dark room, so this certainly doesn't please me.

Is it time for my 2nd break from DbD?

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited June 2019

The devs don't listen but nerf Ghostface...

ITS really bad for the eyes if you play Killer a lot for hours per day

• Pike_Trickfoot

This. I had to actually dc once because of being chain-blind. It actually me violently ill. Even if it's just like a toggle or lessening of the effect, I could maybe stomach it but it's still not enjoyable. This is why I never use flashlights.

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247

RED STUN BAD, PLS DEVS JUST REMOVE RED STUN NOBODY LIKE

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

I'm probably just going to play survivor or not play at all. I not going to play and have to deal with flashing red lights giving me headaches and extra eye strain. Like this goes beyond what people were saying. There are scientific studies that have been done showing that flashing lights, especially red lights, are harmful to people's vision and can aggravate neural disorders.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited June 2019

This is so stupid that i gotta respond twice.

"We replaced the blinding effect on Killers and made it a cool purple effect instead."

"But also ######### you, here's some flashling lights every time you get stunned."

Not as terrible, but i'm getting Howling Grounds vibes here...

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

It's Dead By Daylight.

They never listen.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Wasn't the red stun, like, heavily reduced so only the endge of the screen faded in and out? Or is that still too much for some people? I don't mean that with any toxicity, I just though it was reduced enough to avoid this.

I like the red stun flash though, wish there was an option for full stun VFX, after all I'm just looking at floor for half a second, unlike Legion's fatigue where I feel like I'm going blind while trying to keep track of a survivor.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

Legitimately made my eyes twitch after playing one round as killer. I can imagine 2 or 3 trials back-to-back would full-on induce headaches. What makes it worse is literally nobody, killer or survivor side, apparently finds this to be a useful or needed addition... so why is it here? Just take the damned thing out already. I'm baffled.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

This effect gives me a weird sick feeling, can we get an hotfix or an opt out option please? @Peanits

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

That feeling is motion sickness most likely. Another thing that flashing lights can at times trigger.

• Pike_Trickfoot

Ahhh. So that's why I throw up. It also triggers panic attacks if you have that sensory sensitivity - fun fact.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

You are probably right

@not_Queen can anything be done about this? Like an opt out? Respecting pallets is wrong 95% of the time but that flashing light gives me a weird sick nausea.

Please let this be fixed

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,294

Both versions of the VFX is obnoxious and gives me a headache. Almost everyone who commented on it was asking for it to be removed. No one likes this effect no matter what the intentions are.

I'll wait to see what the feedback amounts to but honestly I'm just going to play something else until a final decision on this is made. Regardless though thank you for clarification on the designers goal. Although I can't say I ever struggled to understand I was being stunned even when I initially bought the game.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

That answer makes no sense, that's what the stun sound and animation is for, nobody had any issues about visual feedback with stuns, if anything the hitbox was inconsistent at times, but the VFX doesn't fix that issue.

What the hell ?

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403

I find it really annoying and id like it to be a way to disable just that stun its annoying

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Hell, I know I've been stunned because I can see the pallet falling.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

Cuz they absolutely care about feedback, that's why

/S

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    edited June 2019

I hate it. Get rid of the VHX.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833

Everyone hates it. Almost as bad as old flashlight blinds. It’s like our feedback doesn’t matter.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    edited June 2019

Also if you want to make any meaningful changes for the game to makes it visually clearer, what about making a colorblind option? way better than having a terrible red effect on stun which serves no actual purposes.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Sairek Exactly. I play my M1 killers often with Enduring + Spirit Fury (like a lot of players do) and eat pallet after pallet. And that's the fastest way to get rid of the pallets. But that also means now so many red flashs, it's terrible.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

DEAF by Daylight

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Feel yourself free to add your futile petition to the literally hundreds of people that have already ACTUALLY asked for this.

• knell
    knell Member Posts: 595

@not_Queen

Can you explain to us more in detail how the previous stun visual was not consistent or understandable? For many of us, the effect of the stun (not being able to move, uncontrollable camera shake, etc.) seems very obvious (as well as frustrating - as it probably should be). I'm not sure what confusion it had created for other players for the immediate need to add even more additional (frustrating) visual cues, especially one that seems to be very unpopular.