Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nerfs after a week?

SpaceCoconut
SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Sounds like Freddy again right?

What's the harm in leaving the Ghost as he is for a month before "fixing" him.

Allow the players to provide solid feedback and see how the numbers are for this killer before making any changes.

You've done this before and now you're spending resources remaking Freddy all over again.

Wait a month before dropping your hotfix and see if he actually needs to be fixed.

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
  • NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

"Knee jerk reaction" means "Holy ######### people are complaining we need to do something!"

So if no one is complaining then it's not a knee jerk reaction when they "fix the problem" obviously.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I agree the incoming nerfs are bullshit. I have been playing against Ghost face all day today and he seems fine to me. Scary, fun, threatening to play against. He is absolutely fine where he is at.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    edited June 2019

@Someissues harsh but probably has quite a bit of truth to it, they acted too soon and it's kinda unethical how discreet the nerf was.

I told all my friends "yeah he's great, he was broken which made him weak but now he is actually pretty strong" I feel like the outrage here will reverse their decision on this hotfix. If not well I as well as many others will hold onto our money a little longer until we know what we're paying for.

• weirdkid5

Gotta make sure them Rank 20s keep using their credit cards to buy them cosmetics.

• weirdkid5

Why do people always make this terrible argument?

Do I need to start saying I'm a survivor main on all of my posts again, because this is getting annoying.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

like they said there would never be a clown killer? i cant even count anymore how often bhvr lied to us already.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

Regardless though the detection zone is incredibly small and should be increased just a tad. There is no reason why someone looking directly at him shouldn't be able to pull him out of cloak. Some of the games I was in earlier had me staring directly at him but since it wasn't within that tiny detection area it didn't count.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’ve only revealed him once, I am not good at aiming though.

• Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183

It's behavior, do you wait a really good job so far?

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

darn a killer's going to work properly and killer players won't get free downs because of buggy and inconsistent mechanics, better review bomb the game and call bhvr unethical

i recall similar outrage when legion was reworked (or "nerfed" as some incredibly special people on this forum like to put it) despite it being a healthy change for the game, killers complained that they essentially weren't getting downs for free anymore

right now you can stare directly at a ghostface mid chase and not reveal him, get exposed, and go down for free. i understand some of you are terrible at this game and want this to be the case but it'd be a lot better if you gained some perspective and understood why such a thing needs tweaking

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

Most people agree that he is easy to break out from my experience so idk why they are doin this.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,222

If you want to call them nerfs, that's fine, but right now the detection mechanics aren't consistent or explained clearly. They need to be tightened up.

Now, that being said, BHVR needs to be very careful not to go too far and cater to the green and yellow rank survivors that I've been matched up with for some reason since Ghostface released. On the whole, many of them are spectacularly unaware of their surroundings. I've teabagged and pointed at Ghostface repeatedly only for them to ignore me and sit on gens and get exposed. I've seen teammates get grabbed off gens repeatedly by Ghostface. He probably appears very overpowered to them, yet they simply don't understand how he works. This is not a reason to nerf a killer. Players need to know how to play the game at a certain point.

I think it's all a symptom of the need for a more robust tutorial system, maybe one that touches on individual killers. I still run into players who don't know to wake each other up against Freddy in purple ranks. I see teammates not know to crouch to avoid Hag's traps. That's insane.

• miaasma

IIRC they're hotfixing it in general, not just widening the zone

i agree that a full on nerf isn't a step in the right direction, but his power currently does not work properly and it absolutely needs to be fixed

• Paladin_Goo
    Paladin_Goo Member Posts: 287

"Survivor mains mad about a few tweaks to window vaulting".

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358
    edited June 2019

Some devs are counting the money meanwhile matheu get the beer and says we did a pretty good job so far on nerfing ghostface or should i say bullyface

• miaasma

i know right? look at all those people who think shack is an infinite