Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Killers' aura-reading perks are killing a big aspect of the game

DEVs, please forget the idea of aura-reading perks for killers. It's a cheap idea. There are much better options for game balancing and fun for both sides.

You've done a great job with scratchmarks, they don't show directly where a survivor is, they just give HINTS, they require some skill. Aura-reading perks on the other hand and way too precise, they kill the atmosphere of the game and stealth and make it less and less fun to play.

Comments

• Karkadann
    Karkadann Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2018

You do realize that the same applies to the aura-reading abilities of the survivors, no?
    There are way too many places to hide for survivors compared to the time pressure on the killer, so, these are things to give more options on the table for both sides.

• Schadenfroh
    Schadenfroh Member Posts: 5

yeah both aura reading perks are equally as bad. I absolutely support troman's Thoughts.

• BaconMuncher9
    BaconMuncher9 Member Posts: 31

You could always use Sole Survivor. I like having aura reading perks on both the killer and the survivor.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@BaconMuncher9 said:
    You could always use Sole Survivor. I like having aura reading perks on both the killer and the survivor.

Yes but won't the new killer perks trump that similar to the Shape's ones that trump perks.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

@powerbats said:

@BaconMuncher9 said:

Yes but won't the new killer perks trump that similar to the Shape's ones that trump perks.

Look the Perk up first.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@DocOctober said:

@powerbats said:

@BaconMuncher9 said:

Look the Perk up first.

Eh, he is right. The aura reading perks that break stealth the most are new bitter murmur and BBQ. Nurses is avoidable, or helps ambush killers do exactly what they’re meant to do. The two big ones are unaffected by sole survivor most the time, speaking of which, why’d they nerf it? Sole survivor is even more trash than it used to be

• Onehouse
    Onehouse Member Posts: 46
    edited July 2018

If you get rid of aura reading perks on one side you have to also get rid of the other side's aura reading. Gone would also have to be killer's add-ons that impart the same ability. I doubt devs want the programming headache to do all that.

Someone made a good point about using Sole Survivor. Killers also get Hex:The 3rd Seal. If you don't like your opponents reading your aura then use those.