Plz get rid of pallet looping devs or less pallets

2»

Comments

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

In many loops you can see the killer thus it is simply a matter or knowing how many loops you can do before throwing the pallet, it is not skill, it is based on the fact that as a survivor with a smaller hitbox you are less proclive of bumping into things that can slow you down.

With the smaller hitbox you can go in an optimal tour around the obstacle, something that is FORBIDDEN to the killer due to his/her larger hitbox.

With a 3rd person camera you can see angles and distances easier, with 1st person view it's much harder.

It is a borderline exploit, which abuses a game mechanic which is simply stupid.

It takes a couple of months to learn how to loop well around pallets, you just need to do it until you understand, it doesn't take skill it is simply an exercise in repetition. I know this because I studied around 10 ohtofu videos and practiced and now I am a decent looper, but it is simply an exercise in repetition.

This has to go, it doesn't fit a horror game in any way, the purpose should be to run AWAY, not to run AROUND

• DBDbuildsYT
  • Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

If you like ssen pallets and shorten loops at red ranks. You will have nothing but a sea of blood and death on the lower ranks.

Any nerf to looping requires a change in the balance of stealth or some other way for Survivors to survive.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

Do you play survivor? There’s is nowhere near 30 pallets.there so at most 10

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

I agree looping needs another nerf, but I wouldn't go too far.

Having a healthy mix of looping and stealth is ideal.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Shall we take the pallet from there too so you can mindgame it?

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

Yes, having every survivor go down in less than 15 seconds>>> very fun gameplay 😍

• Grazox
    Grazox Member Posts: 45

Pallet looping is core to the game, so no, let's not take that out.

There are definitely problems with maps generating a pallet at practically every tile and some just have too many, but I'd rather the devs first finish reworking all the maps so we don't have absurd loops at buildings or strings of jungle gyms next to each other.

• Horus

Your right lets double the time it takes to do gens

• Horus

Your right lets double the time it takes to do gens

• sonic4life86
    sonic4life86 Member Posts: 35

That’s how how it should be because I bevause uou repairs t ensconced in less than 5 mins

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Well the devs said there are no double pallets anymore. But there still are. So...

As long as they keep balancing around rank 15-20, we won't have real balance.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@indieeden7 I think he tried to say that the gens take less than 5 minutes to repair.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Imagine complaining about the only thing that requires skill as a killer - catching a looping survivor. I would IMMEDIATELY uninstall the game if I had to search survivors all day. That's boring as hell. As a killer I want to CHASE people and not look around for minutes and pick them up like coins as soon as I find them.

In fact I had a game with 4 survivors that kept hiding at swamp for minutes the other day. I was about to quit the game after checking ALL generators about 5 times. As soon as I found them they went down in 3 seconds because none of them had any skills.

That's the game you want? No, just no.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Would like to see more stealth options become viable again. Not talking about UE activity, but options to ditch the killer. As killer, I'd like to see less aura sight perks and get some true tracking perks. The type that show footprints scattered about and fade slowly or something that would would require some level of interpretation to follow.

Loops suck, but what are they supposed to do?

• DBDbuildsYT

Except this isn't true in the majority of the loops of the game.

When you are versing a competent survivors and they can see you there's not much you can do but to eat the pallet and proceed to the next one until they run into a pallet with block LOS where you can mind-game and end the chase.

This is absolutely too strong and against the concept of asymmetric where a single element of the number role shouldn't be able to verse the power role in a 1 vs 1 scenario, unfortunately this is precisely what happens in DBD.

So looping needs to be nerfed to a point where survivors will run AWAY from killers rather than running AROUND like the Benny Hill show

• DBDbuildsYT

Except this isn't true in the majority of the loops of the game.

When you are versing a competent survivors and they can see you there's not much you can do but to eat the pallet and proceed to the next one until they run into a pallet with block LOS where you can mind-game and end the chase.

This is absolutely too strong and against the concept of asymmetric where a single element of the number role shouldn't be able to verse the power role in a 1 vs 1 scenario, unfortunately this is precisely what happens in DBD.

So looping needs to be nerfed to a point where survivors will run AWAY from killers rather than running AROUND like the Benny Hill show

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

You know what is real boring to play, round the garbage pile, round the garbage pile, round the garbage pile, PALLET, move to next garbage pile , repeat.

The Killer want's to do other things then run around piles, just like the survivors want to do other things then gens.

The game is becoming STALE as crap. Pallets need to change, because its just NOT FUN playing Killer anymore. And when the fun goes so does the Killer population.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

@Yamaoka who says that bloodlust will still be here when the map reworks are done? Maybe theyll start toning blood lust down even more it would make sense...

• tovelo
    tovelo Member Posts: 40

Not everything has to be easy for killers. Looping is fine nowadays. Only shack is annoying. If you really hate getting looped might as well try to play spirit/nurse (:

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Hopefully!

I know how annoying it can be to get looped for minutes - I really do. Back then it was hell with all those close calls that got nullified because of the pallet vaccuum especially combined with a second sprint burst but right now it just feels lousy to get a 4k (sometimes) because more often than not I know I downed someone because there was nothing they could have used to get away.

I want intense chases and REAL mindgames not this stupid robot kind of chase where you simply walk after a survivor till they run into one of many dead zones.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

The game will never be balanced.

You'll always have SWF, which breaks the game. You'll always have killers like Nurse, Billy, and Spirit with the beads add-on that can break the game for survivors if the killer is good enough.

And you'll always have bottom tier M1 killers who are there to give survivors a chance but are frustrating to play as in this current meta at higher ranks against good survivors.

So you need to either accept that most of the killers gameplay will revolve around eating pallets, become a survivor main, or go play a different game.

• DeadByTunnelight
    DeadByTunnelight Member Posts: 79

It's easy to outplay loopers. If you don't know how then you are bad. It can't be easy. Nothing can't be so easy. If you want to win then keep trying! With these hitboxes pallets are kinda useless because many times when I use dead hard and I stun killer with pallet, I am still getting hit. So yeah. Cry more about it..

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited June 2019

Since there will be more pallets, will brutal strength will be buffed? @Peanits

• SmokePotion
    SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

@Peanits Mind taking a look at the hitbox on the corner of pallets while you guys are touching this up? They will catch you, even if you aren't next to them.

• tehshadowman33
    tehshadowman33 Member Posts: 939
    edited June 2019

I don't know why you're getting downvoted. If a killer has to hit T3 Bloodlust to down a survivor, he's wasted a minimum of 45 seconds in the chase + x seconds to reach and down the survivor + 5–10ish seconds to get them to the hook and + y seconds to get into the next chase.

That's a guaranteed 50–60 seconds of time survivors would have to repair generators PLUS the time it takes for the killer to move around the map makes that more like 65–75 seconds of generator repair time.

That's almost a guaranteed 3/4ths of a generator completed before a killer MIGHT get into a chase.

Only Hillbilly and Nurse can break that, so it'd be less for those two, but still that's impressive repair progress. If everyone's on a generator you're guaranteed two generators to pop between the time the first person is hooked and the time the killer gets into a chase with the second person.

The two survivors working on generators can just finish their generators and one of them can then go head for the unhook while the hooked survivor still has plenty of time left before they get to the second hook phase.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I hope you'll start twitch streaming so that we can behold your godlike skill in action. Until then your bragging has no credibility to actuall balancing of DBD.

Really go ahead and start twitch streaming for a week so that we can enjoy sight of real skillful gameplay that only you can pull off. If what you say is true then you should have no issue of winning every game all the time and show us how easy playing killer is.