Mettle of man is now too difficult to use

GranDiego
GranDiego Member Posts: 8
edited June 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

With the nerf of Mettle its very difficult to activate ONE free hit. It should work also with safe unhooks (make it 4 instead of 3 if you like). 3 protections hits are hard and very time consuming.

Also it should work with full health just like the ptb in my opinion.

Comments

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

it should only work with unhooks in my opinion.

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I'd be fine with this I personally never had a prob with the perk as killer (but that's my experiences) but it rewarded you for failing. Now you need 3 protection hits and protection hits are first off very random and you need 3 of them meaning you'll need to take 3 hits most likely from someone being carried when you should probably be on a gen instead so the time it takes to get these hits is not worth it and is actually a detriment. MoM should need to reward good play but in my opinion taking protection hits actually hurts your team more then it helps because you will have people that will sit in a corner and heal after every time. So I personally would be okay with this change as long as it worked for ONLY unhooks.

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

the perk shouldnt exist they should remove it and change it into something that is not 2 chance since survivors have alot of 2nd chances

• GranDiego
    GranDiego Member Posts: 8

Not another good 2nd chance now that DS and MoM are nerfed. Also killers have many insta kills and even mori.

Also MoM is a paid perk and now isnt even close to what we paid for. It needs a rebalance. Maybe with unhooks.

• Skid
    Skid Member Posts: 15

Yeah it’s always a swift kick in the nuts when you buy a character, spend hours worth of bp on and it’s all for nothing in the end because anyone with half a mind knows it’s useless after the nerf

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    edited June 2019

I never said anything about second chances. Mettle Of Man from a design standpoint was a bad idea. There isn't a healthy outcome for when it comes to balancing it because it gave power to easily and especially after people are used to just having it work. There is an established system of play that quickly built up around the perk that can't be sustained anymore. Endurance is the strongest thing you can give a survivor so you need to be careful how you go about doing it. Just like you have to be careful how you handle instant downs for killer. With killers it is a feat or famine design baked into the killer directly or it is snowball effect in the case of Devour Hope. We have four killers with instant downs. Two with chainsaws and two through exposure via stalking. It's all skilled based and conditional.

Without it, they perform quite poorly as the ranks get higher. Now look at MoM, they started with no skill basis and bare minimum conditional cost. Just get hit 3 times. Where can you adjust from that? You can't go any lower because you're at the bottom of both skill and conditionality. You have to go up, but now we have another problem. Everything going up either needs more skilled play or conditionally cost or both. Safe Unhooks aren't much more difficult that just getting hit. It is low skill and medium conditional cost. The power's really strong so you need to scale proportionally.

So they test safe unhooks and protection hits. We hit the first major hurdle. Now, you can double stack the perk by body blocking for the unsafe hook proc. That means they've inadvertently made the perk EASIER to set up. So, they know they want to have this powerful trump card perk, but they don't want it to be easy to gain stacks on. They decide on protection hits. We're at the second hurdle, protection hits are a unstable scoring event. Now the question is where do you go from here? How do you proceed with the current game state being what it is?

Also, mori aren't a constant killer thing and I wrote a post discussing a better way to implement them into the game that satisfies both killer desires and survivor needs.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

2nd chance perks shouldn't exist in the first place, they're unhealthy for the game.

• Pigster
    Pigster Member Posts: 137

Mom definitely needs a rework, its a shame how they changed it to a useless perk.

Mom should maybe be reverted to basic attacks, with still one time use, but with an 60 seconds exhaustion penalty. So it cant be combined with dead hard.

Or the survivor could be broken after using it for the rest of the trail with aura readable ability for the killer.

Or like in this thread already said with 4 safe unhooks and protection hits.

As solo survivor its frustrating to see, that such an useful perk got abused by all this swf to have an easy game and as consequence now completly wasted.

But as pig main i would also like the idea that it just countered exposed attackes when full healed and not countering m1 killer attacks when injured.

Excuse my bad English today 😅

• prayer_survivor
    prayer_survivor Member Posts: 626

Mori shouldn't exists. An M2 killer can kill you with only 2 hits. I hope they are the next one.

• slipttees
    slipttees Member Posts: 846

MoM ######### right now!

• prayer_survivor

I played more than 50 games since it was nerfed and I didn't see anyone who uses it.

Thx devs, you did a good job.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
  • prayer_survivor

m2 and hook, m2 and mori, so 2 hits. Y see 8-10 ebony moris daily