Killers get to keep instadown (noed) since forever but survivors lose their perk after a few months

Options

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

I win more when survivors use self-care. I just hop on a gen, if you’re running around looking for a teammate just because you’re injured then you may rely on your second health-state. A big problem as killer is higher ranked survivors not healing, if they don’t heal then you lose most of your pressure.

“Stop beiing delusional.” I don’t see how I was delusional, People are more likely to take you seriously if you discuss without insults.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

You say that but it isn't true, survivors do heal a lot with SC on high ranks since you can't go full game injured otherwise killer would have extremely quick chases thus far more pressure and save would be near impossible. Survivors on high ranks do use SC but they know when it's smarter to not heal and just do gens.

Go ahead and don't heal against likes of good nurses or spirits you'll have great results I'm sure, ofc you don't have to heal against loopable killers but at high ranks you see more nurses then them.

Either all survivors using SC are delusional for helping killer win his games or you are. I think it's you since SC is extremely powerfull and survivors benefit from it greatly. You can think whatever you want I don't care but I won't agree with you on SC beiing more beneficial to killer then survivors.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

Worth pointing out, the killer plays most of the match with only 3 perks, risking the 4th being entirely disabled by the end so it's not like they're getting free kills through it. They did invest a perk slot in a perk that may not matter at all. Plus you can cleanse it after the gates are powered too. You're not entitled to escape just by completing 5 gens.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Ihatelife last time it was changed was in patch 1.8.1

I consider this a long time.

• FreyFrey
    FreyFrey Member Posts: 45
    Options

When you dont want, that Killers can use NOED; than just cleanse the totems...easy peasy :)

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

Survivors can just sit and hide and get a really easy hatch.

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205
    Options

Noed has counter play and comes at a cost to the killer. Its balanced just plain and simple. It counter plays gen rushing to a degree and punish failing to do a survivors 2ed objective. It removes an active perk from the killer for the chance it will work late game. It allows 1 hit KOs but thats part of a lot of killers basic kit, the ones who use it normally don't have the option.

Basically what balances an ability or perk is the ability to counter play it. This is what balance really is, what isn't balanced is a perk or advantage that you can't use skill, time or experience to over come even over coming it has a cost. NOED has counter play in various ways be it perks, knowing which killers are likely to bring NOED, to simply taking longer in match to cleanse totems. Its balanced because the survivor has options to counter its advantage.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited June 2019
    Options

noed can be removed by survivors before it even procs. Talk about "losing a perk"

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358
    Options

Adrenaline is completely null vs NOED. It's ignorant to claim that it's equivalent to NOED.

If you are wounded and adrenaline pops, good you're healthy, if you get hit once your dying.

If you are healthy and NOED pops, if you get hit once, your dying...

Wait, I thought Adrenaline countered NOED?....

If you're hooked and adrenaline pops, then you are unhooked, you, oh wait, there's a second before you can move and if the killer hits you you go back to dying....

The only counselation is if you can find all 5 secondary objectives (totems) and destroy them before the 5th generator, it will not proc.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

So what you are saying is, in addition to have perks to counter noed, like Hope/Adrenaline etc, you can also break the totems to remove noed before it procs?

noed has numerous ways to counter it and its been nerfed like 3 times already,

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    Options

What about red hatchets and rancor?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Lose it?

I didn't know Mettle of Man doesn't give you the extra health state anymore.

Sarcasm, of course.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

While you're right on most of that, there's actually a second that you CAN move that you're invulnerable, not a second that you can't move.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    Options

Thats funny... I don't see your issue with NOED. Hill Billy... Leatherface... have a one shot the entire match every match, unless they take a limiter.

Yet.. you don't see those killers 100% of the time, just like you don't see NOED 100%.

You play against those killers, yet you can't play around NOED?

Weird.

• Tsulan
    Options

@HURRI_KAIN could you point out where exactly i said, that Adrenaline counters NOED?

I said it is the survivor Equivalent of NOED.

Equivalent doens´t mean counter.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

Played both roles at Red ranks. Haven't had enough time to get back there this season yet, but getting close.

On the killer side, the only killer I'm capable of doing perfectly well with without any perks or add-ons is the Nurse. That is the only killer I would be able to get to Rank 1 with if I didn't use perks and add-ons. Every other killer needs their perks and/or add-ons at least somewhat.

On the survivor side, I could get to Rank 1 solely running No Mither + WGLF + Spine Chill + Empathy with no item. Granted the No mither would make it take longer, but it would not be impossible. If I ran no perks at all instead it wouldn't even be hard.

The majority of killers need their perks. Survivors really do not. You need 3 skills to do well as survivor. 1) Pallet Looping. 2) Working through Hex: Ruin. 3) Paying attention. All other perks, items, and offerings are just a bonus. So when something like Mettle of Man comes out, it really is meta-breaking and the survivors should certainly not be allowed to have it on top of Exhaustion Perk + Adrenaline + Decisive Strike.

-------------------

On the topic of NOED: It certainly doesn't deserve a change, but at this point I wouldn't mind them nerfing it just to make bad survivors finally shut up about it.

• GucciUwU
    GucciUwU Member Posts: 18
    Options

jUsT cLeAnSe tHe tOtEms

Killers want you to cleanse the totems because the time you're spending running around the map like an idiot looking for the totems is time you could spend working on generators instead, at the end of the day it gives the killer more time to get some hooks/sacrifices, it's a win win situation for the Killer.

• vux_intruder
    vux_intruder Member Posts: 175
    Options

I get what you’re saying, I never use NOED anymore. Only didn’t when I first started, but all survivors have to do isn’t be stealthy and destroy totems. That’s already a huge counter. Survivors have so many advantages as is, with any killer, even a really good nurse player can struffle against a really good team of survivors. Lol

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

You do know NOED has had a few nerfs, it used to activate at end game and be unlimited, then it was on a 2 min timer and now it's a totem.

Do you know why it was changed to a totem? To give survivors another objective and to help slow the game down or risk it activating.

MoM was a broken perk as there was not counter play with most killers, while I dont think they way they changed it was the right option as it makes it not worth using it did need something done.

Instead of making a post complaining why not give some feedback on how you think it would be better changed.

My idea was to make it like more like the DS vision as an anti tunnel perk with a timer so that it has conditions after an unhook and you could only use either DS or MoM in a match as it deactivated the other.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

LMAO

Exactly as survivors want to be chased around the map looping each one of the 20 pallets 3 times before dropped. All that time chasing one guy is time not spent hooking the rest of the survivors.

Was this a joke or what??

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626
    Options

The nature of the game means that overpowered survivor perks have a much bigger impact than killer ones. (Not that noed is that overpowered, it can be cleansed and relies on the killer basically losing the game by letting all gens go before it even works.)

When you can stack a perk 3 or 4 times ot becomes much much worse, old ds and mom went too bad, even old brand new part, but taking 3 or 4 of them quickly becomes oppressive.

• GucciUwU
    Options

What does this have to do with the subject?

Also if you find that many pallets you probably ain't update your game since 2017

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

It has all to do with your post.

You're being Captain Obvious in yours, so I'm being Sherlock in mine.

There, spelled it out.

And count the pallets in the temple of purgation, then come back.

• GucciUwU
    Options

Aright chief

• HURRI_KAIN
    HURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358
    Options

Even equivalent, NOED = 2 health states. Adrenaline = one health state, only if not uninjured. Not equivalent.

• JESUS_CHRIST
    JESUS_CHRIST Member Posts: 313
    edited June 2019
    Options

They both throw one health state out the window in effect. The killer would have had to hit you once more but with Adrenaline they have to hit you twice and catch up with you after you take off like you've got a firecracker up your ass. With NOED they would have had to hit you twice but now it's only once and they also have a small speed boost. Adrenaline is not rewarding you for making it to the gens being powered anymore than NOED rewards the killer for guarding their totems until the gens are powered. Sure you might be uninjured at the end of the game but the killer might have also killed everybody by the end of the game or have had all of their totems cleansed. You get your speed boost regardless. The perks are pretty similar considering the difference in both roles. Adrenaline wouldn't be as common as it is if it weren't powerful.

SWF-s have another tool in their kit on top of its regular use as well. I can't count how many times I got someone down with one gen left and then here comes their buddy with a flashlight. You know Adrenaline is about to pop but you're forced to try to go down the other person because you're most likely going to lose your hook regardless.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

@Tsulan Noed and Adrenaline aren't really equivalent. Adrenaline triggers after survivors completed their objective. Noed triggers after the killer has failed to stop the survivors. I'm not advocating for noed to go, just saying the one rewards success the other failure.

To the OP, survivors still have plenty of things to work with.

• nhattminhh
    nhattminhh Member Posts: 16
    Options

If you have a problem with Noed, why don't you remove the totem yourself? If there is no dull totem on the map, Noed won't trigger. I am on killer side for this one, Noed have a hard counter that require no perk whatsoever. Since it is not a Hex perk at start of the game, cleanse will also not reveal you.

A perk this bad only good when the survivor pretend like it doesn't exist in the game.

• KingSavageGaming
    KingSavageGaming Member Posts: 148
    Options

Whiners like you are the reason some killers use noed because you refuse to cleanse the damn totems. I swear people that main the survivor role is like spoiled brats anything that makes you put in even the slightest effort you whine and moan about it just do the totems so you won't be put into the situation. Stop relying on the devs to hold your hand every time something hinders the survivors role simplistic playstyle.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,813
    edited June 2019
    Options

@HURRI_KAIN @thrawn3054

Adrenaline is a very powerful survivor perk.

NOED counters Adrenaline. Adrenaline does not counter NOED. NOED counters Adrenaline.

NOED allows killers to still be dangerous even after the gates are powered. An uninjured survivor sprinting towards an open exit gate feels no fear. An uninjured survivor sprinting towards an open exit gate with NOED active... that's a different story. It makes the killer a threat again. Does it suck to go down to NOED? Absolutely. But should an uninjured survivor running towards an open exit gate have a guaranteed escape every single time? Should the killer always have to feel helpless once a gate is open?

NOED counters an open exit gate.

Cleansing the NOED hex totem deactivates it. Cleansing all dull totems before the exit gates are powered stops NOED from activating in the first place. Survivors can counter NOED without needing another perk to do so. Small Game helps, but it's not necessary.

It can no longer even be said "Killers preventing survivors from doing gens counters Adrenaline." It doesn't. Adrenaline can also kick in when the killer closes the hatch. That means slugging for the 4k is now the preemptive counter to Adrenaline.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

Cleansing totems isn't even that big of a deal. Run a perk or bring a map to help you find totems. Or play SWF and communicate.

If efficiently done, cleansing totems doesn't consume enough time to qualify as a 2nd objective for survivors. As long as you play well, you really have more than enough time to cleanse all the totems.

• Kabu
    Kabu Member Posts: 926
    Options

If NOED is to be removed or reworked then so should adrenaline

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    edited June 2019
    Options

in solo queue you rarely have time to cleanse totems, especially on maps with incredibly weird totem spawns like swamp

noed isn't an OP perk in my opinion because all it does is get the killer one or two consolation prizes at the end (sure sometimes it'll get them a 4k from a 0k but if you made it to the point where noed is activated you've basically won anyway, escaping is just 5k points), but i will consider it an unhealthy perk for the game, just like MoM and old DS were

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,225
    Options

There are 2 counters to Noed SO OBVIOUS that they never get mentioned in these kinds of discussions:

• Don't get found
    • Don't get hit

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

NOED does the exact opposite, rewarding failure.

No, it punishes survivor failure

If the killer has NOED, you are playing against a killer with 3 perks until the generators are powered. Either you are all dying and have no time to do totems, in which case you absolutely deserve to lose because you are getting destroyed by a 3 perk killer, or you have enough time to do totems, in which case you also deserve to lose because you didn't destroy them all

You can also not do totems and play stealthy when the generators are powered and only attempt to open the gate when you know the killer isn't there to not die.

If you die to NOED, it is always your own fault because you played badly

• Tsulan
    Options

@TRB124 just read the last post on page 3.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824
    Options

C

L

E

A

N

S

E

T

O

T

E

M

S

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

NOED is a failure on the survivors part to prevent it. You should always account for it regardless (FFS dude, it's free points and it counts toward Lightbringer).

If you fail at that, you deserve to get destroyed at the end of the game.