Cosmetic Pricing

Options
Tsulan
Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

So... a cosmetic costs more than twice as much as the latest chapter?

Shouldn´t those prices be more... coherent?

I mean i would buy some cosmetics, if they weren´t more expensive than a full blown DLC.

What do you think?

Comments

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    Options

@Tsulan With cosmetics did they increase ?

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    Options

I prefer expensive cosmetics tbh. Makes them feel premium.

More expensive= More impressive because most wouldn't buy them.

Like when you seen a knife in csgo that is worth thousands its pretty crazy to witness.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

Dont buy it. Keep collecting shards some day some of the cosmetics if not all will cost x amount of shards.

• Redd
    Redd Member Posts: 833
    Options

The unique skins are fine at their current price. The palette swaps are way too expensive though. Ten dollars for a hallowed blight skin is fair. A buck fifty for a green shirt is not.

• Redd
    Options

I only bought skins that make me easier to see. I like being a goopy Christmas tree.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

But on the other hand give them a break the guys woring on the game for how many years now? They doing good so far and they ask crazy amount of money for COSMETICS something you dont really need. Its just for people that dont give a ######### about money and want to support a game

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

It's pretty expensive in my opinion, Killers barely even see their cosmetics so I find those almost pointless but even some of the survivor outfits, You could buy another game for that amount It's crazy.

But hey, apparently people are buying them otherwise they wouldn't keep making them.

• prof_teabagger
    prof_teabagger Member Posts: 121
    Options

I mean, what prices can we expect on mobile? It's for free, so 20$ for one skin? Lol

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    Options

Exactly. But I am happy other people are buying them.

• Redd
    Options

Anything with particles effect s. Right now the Santa Clown and the 5 Halloween skins.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,643
    Options

I mean, Cosmetics are probably not sold as much as DLCs. So Cosmetics need to be more expensive. (Talking about the Auric Cells only Cosmetics)

In the end, someone needs to get paid for the work he put into designing the Cosmetics.

I dont care that much about the prices. If I have a Cosmetic I like, I will buy it. But more for my Main, except when I really, REALLY like it.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Redd quote of the wikipedia article:

"Microtransactions represent low-cost purchases, compared to the cost of a full game or a large expansion pack, that provide some form of additional content to the purchaser."

So no, this is not how games as a service works.

No one would complain if the skins would cost something between 1 and 3$/€/£ but 10?

• prof_teabagger
    prof_teabagger Member Posts: 121
    Options

Yeah, how much do you have to pay for the game + all DLC avaliable now outside of sales? 70-ish $? Clearly full priced, no clue why the cosmetics are so high priced. I personally haven't bought any cosmetics yet cuz the price is to high and I value my money higher than just cosmetics in a virtual world.

• scerckan
    scerckan Member Posts: 149
    Options

Im stuck with 300 cells and now with the 325 lowest price skins wave theyre really motivating me to not spend a penny more, good thing i already have all the skins i wanted and i highly doubt ill see something i like judging by the mediocre skins theyve been making so far

• GraveHunter
    GraveHunter Member Posts: 328
    edited June 2019
    Options

I agree that the outfits are really overpriced. €10,- for a complete outfit, thats way too much.

As soon as I saw the prices, I was like nope. I'd like to support this game of course, but not with these expensive things. Not all people who play this game can throw money around like it's Christmas.

EDIT: I saw someone calling people who "cry" over the prices "entitled". It has nothing to do with being entitled. It's fine they ask money for the skins, but remember that not everyone has a big filled wallet.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,523
    Options

ultrarare. Adjective. (not comparable) Extremely rare; of utmost rarity.

Marking them to £1 a time would make them common. I would love to have more, but am super selective.

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73
    Options

I wonder if the Ghost face cost is because it is a cosmetic for a licensed Killer.

I agree with whoever said that colour changes on skins should be cheap, with unique items more.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,761
    Options

Yeah this is all very true. Lots of sneaky tactics. Also the illusion of being able to buy things with shards. You can, but the rate you gain them is purposefully painfully slow so as to frustrate you. I spent about a month and a half of semi regularly playing the game to earn like 10.5k shards. I was able to get a single cosmetic item and then I bought bloodpoints from the shrine. That's not worth a month and a half of my time, but the last two chapters have been licensed so what else am I going to buy?

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

the only problem i have with cosmetics is that there are some that are purple quality, but part of it is literally the same thing as a default cosmetic (like adams head in his wicked wares cosmetic.) other than that theyre fine.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

They are a tad overpriced imo, but what can you do? The devs are unlikely to change the pricing.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

Someone on reddit did the math: https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/c1u5s5/iridescentshardsandthedbd_store/

44% of the store (ignoring common items) can be bought with iridecent shard. adding Common items raises it too 72%. More then 40% of the store is just common items. They are incredibly greedy and really need too make the whole store (except license killers, that's out of their hands.) accessible for Iridecent shards.

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773
    Options

it's over 100$ at this point, if you include the game and all Chapters and paragraphs. And their is no end in sight as far as I'm aware.

• Redd
    Options

Over 3 years that is underpriced. Should be at least $140.

• Jonathanskilz
    Jonathanskilz Member Posts: 403
    Options

I agree its pretty overprised but personally i have saved up to 60k iridiscent i only buy if the cosmetics look any diffrent but many of them just have a diffrent color or look to casual tbh

• Bithard
    Bithard Member Posts: 406
    Options

I've never really had an issue with the prices. I prefer it to buying 50 loot boxes in the hope you will get the one you want.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

What worries me the most is that on Steam I pay almost 3 times less than what I pay for on PS4 for the same amount of auric cells.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Good point.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited June 2019
    Options

Remember they are not Loot Boxes EA has specifically let us know they are 'Surprise Mechanics.' Please address them properly. Although, it is still 2x the cost of the character itself. I mean I would rather them put some effort into more varied maps.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

I'd like to see more sales on older cosmetics costing auric cells to be also bought with shards as well. These shards are piling up and there's very little of interest to buy with them - the shrine disappoints every week.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043
    edited June 2019
    Options

This is the reason I haven't really got any killer cosmetics, completely agree, you can't even see anything but the weapon (most) /hands (spirit and hag). I think I got a small cell pack once and got a few items (were mostly cheap ones got 1-2), I tend to mix and match so it's not a full outfit. Haven't really bothered since due to the price and like many have mentioned above many of the new outfits are cells only and the few rare ones you can get with shards require massive in game time.

At least with survivor you can see them though, but most lack flair and drastic change from all the other outfits the character has (I think Jane has my favourite overall because of the range of styles and colours she gets). It's kind of why I wish they'd consider doing the cosmetic contest more frequently because some of the designs were amazing and unique.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,206
    Options

I think it should stay the way it is keep the ch cheap

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I feel like they should cut the prices depending on their rarity: (This includes the fully set, not individual pieces)

Common Iridescent Shards: 150

Common Auric Cells: 15

Uncommon Iridescent Shards: 450

Uncommon Auric Cells: 30

Rare Iridescent Shards: 1,350

Rare Auric Cells: 60

Very Rare Iridescent Shards: 4,500

Very Rare Auric Cells: 120

Ultra Rare Iridescent Shards: 12,150

Ultra Rare Auric Cells: 480