Killers get to keep instadown (noed) since forever but survivors lose their perk after a few months

124»

Comments

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

By that logic new DS is overpowered since you can maybe counter it by guessing and it rewards survivors failing while giving them 1 free healthstate like NOED does for killers.

• purebalance7
    purebalance7 Member Posts: 90

Having to find every totem on the map is bull if you're trying to say NOED is balanced. For it to be balanced when the last gen is done ALL totems left on the map should become NOED and cleansing 1 removes it.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited June 2019

That would actually make NOED unbalanced. I prefer it in it's current state as it gives survivors options on how they want to deal with the possibility. You can

• ignore the totems completely and just rush the gates
    • take the time to do all the totems
    • take your chances and just take out lit totem.
    • Run Hope to nullify the NOED speed boost

Again - survivors have options to deal with NOED - they just refuse to use the options they have. I've now listed THREE perks that help nullify NOED's effects. But will you see anybody using them? Probably not - too set in their ways these unimaginative players...

• purebalance7
    purebalance7 Member Posts: 90

Cleansing every totem is unrealistic and to be forced to do it because MAYBE a killer has a perk that rewards them for being bad at the game? Yeah no. Every time I see NOED it's someone who couldn't down a single survivor the entire game and then got rewarded for being inept. Then they camp the hook and swing at the person like they're good.

Every totem becoming NOED similar to Haunting Grounds's function in getting cleansed and removing the others is the only balance for the perk.

• jeyers
    jeyers Member Posts: 275

You literally have to repair gens to get out. Its not a mindset, its the rules of the game lol.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Guys, please refer to the post at the top of this page. It has the perfect counter and is easy to get.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,119
    edited June 2019

So, you're saying that rather than requiring survivors to open an exit gate and walk through it, the game should actually just end when the last generator is completed?

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

I know, you can destroy totems ?

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    edited June 2019

in what way is pressure stopping people from looking for 5 totems on top of getting 5 generators done (as well as doing other objectives like going for hook saves) not a strong one? if a killer is putting out enough pressure to make people need to stay on generators in order to win, going out of your way to look for totems is seldom an option

most of the time spent in getting totems cleansed isn't the actual cleansing, but the locating. on large maps like grim pantry where totems can spawn literally anywhere along the edge of the map, going out of your way to find 5 totems while the rest of your team effectively plays 3v1 can easily spell out a loss. and everyone looking for totems out of the way of generators slows down the game more than ruin does

you are really underplaying the time investment going for 5 totems requires for a team that isn't communicating. getting a totem at the beginning is easy, getting a totem when someone's in struggle phase on a hook and another person is being chased is throwing the game. against a competent killer you simply won't reliably have the time to look at every potential totem spot

again, the way i counterplay noed is i look for the totem after it's activated, or even before it's activated i'll look at the totems i saw throughout the game to see if any are lit. it results in much less time wasted and as long as the gates aren't open you aren't on a strict time limit anymore unless someone's dying on a hook. but just because something can be counterplayed does not mean it's healthy for the game; note that i don't think noed is "overpowered", i just think it's an unhealthy perk

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

Repairing all gens is not equal to victory, you need to open the gates and escape first. If you rush the gens insanely fast without touching a single totem then that is no ones fault but your own. There is more to the game than just do generators, you have chests, totems, and healing which no one ever does anymore due to Adrenaline.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    edited June 2019

And on same larger maps it's harder for non-mobility killers to patrol the gens, in your example, it evens out.

• ermsy
    ermsy Member Posts: 580

The game is already too fast, the threat of noed does slow the game down. Even when I don't have noed I see survivors cleansing dull totems. Without noed there is no reason to touch the dull totems and certain killers that are very weak early game suffer the most like trapper,hag,Myers. Other killers like clown have barely any map pressure although he is good in chases.

The game is objectively too fast, survivors can generally get the first two gens done by the time killer has one on the hook. Straight away the killer is under pressure and has to rely on survivor mistakes at that point.

Also you don't need to invest that much time into looking at totems. If it's just 1 survivor looking for 5 totems than yes it will take a while. But if 4 survivors keep an eye out while they go about their business then it is doable. It is a secondary objective after all and the 4 survivors can look for totems as they are looking for gens.

Also the larger the map, the less pressure the killer will have, the swamp maps we're patched to be smaller for the killers benefit rather than the survivors.

Your counterplay is a good one, I'm not disputing that. But I disagree that noed is unhealthy, it attempts to slow the game down which is currently too fast and punishes those that didn't slow the game down.

• DenimChicken
    DenimChicken Member Posts: 114

NOED doesn't need to be changed. Maybe # of Totems remaining on map should be displayed, for everyone saying survivors need a second objective there you go.

It might slow the game down some if survivors could see the progress. It would perhaps encourage them to search for them before trying to finish the last Gen if they are afraid of NOED and they can see its only one or two left instead of everyone assuming someone else was doing totems.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    edited June 2019

^This. Not only are they damn useful for nixing NOED like a champ, they help find any other pesky totem that might be giving you trouble.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

NOED is already a weak perk as it is.

It doesn't need to be removed, there need to be more perks that interact with dull totems so they actually resemble an objective instead of an afterthought that only comes into play when someone gets instadowned in the late game.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Shad03

Finally someone sees how good a Map is against NOED and Hex perks. :)

• Shad03

@NMCKE Oh, I always knew. But there are brain dead people who don't value these things.

Amanda must punish them, and teach them the error of their ways.

• jeyers

Repairing all gens is the first step to victory, opening doors and escape is the second.

Cleansing totems is not. Unless you see an active one. Its fluff, its extra points.

If NOED allready was lighting up as a normal hex totem then yeah, it would be balanced.

• DenimChicken

It's only "fluff" because you can't see how many are left on the map. If you could see it was the last or one of two remaining it would make more sense to get it out of the way just in case.

Survivors with lots of hours and good map knowledge make mental notes instead of wasting time cleansing and then check the locations if NOED activates. This option could still be time consuming depending on how big the map is and whether or not they happen to be the unfortunate one being carried to the hook when they realize it's been activated.

• DoubleTap
    DoubleTap Member Posts: 218
    edited June 2019

And they got a brand new Killer who has the mirror effect to MoM as their core base ability!

Oh wait Killers have several of these which now include Ghostface and Myres (and a slew of other perks, offerings and add on's all of which mirror MoM) yet the same is not ok for Survivors.

Because /fair and consistent balance fail for t3h win.

Oh well RIP Survivor, guess it's Killer main time for me from here on in.

• DenimChicken
    edited June 2019

@DoubleTap 😂😂😂

Wrong about MoM and what does this have to do with NOED? Absolutely nothing.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Doing the totems is a choice and if there is no consequence, you got lucky. You cant say the killer is rewarded if your in charge and do nothing. Say its to hard and be lazy, but don't blame the killer for picking it when its use depends on your actions. And yes totem hunting takes time, that's the whole point of a diversional objective.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited June 2019

Maybe bcoz mom had no counter play from m1 killers and preventing noed prolongs game by 20s?

Edit: you literally have perk and items to find totems if youre too potato to do it yourself. Same goes for hitting greats. Quit your bitching because noed is underpowered.

• jeyers

So we should punish survivors and have them lose 25 % of their perk slots just because NOED exists ? lol.

Just remove the perk allready, its broken and has no place in the game.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

cleanse totems. Boom, instant counter play

• Shad03
    edited June 2019

@jeyers "I can't come up with a compelling argument so I'll just say the same thing as before, lol."

I didn't want to do that, but Iam so god damn tired of your 'arguments'. We've given you counters, we've given you tools. But you're way too stubborn to listen. Don't know why we bothered.

(Btw, use the map items if you don't want to lose a oh so precious perk slot.)

(I'm also waiting for the downvotes to sustain me)

• jeyers

You have given no real reason for such a broken perk to exist.

It has no reason to be in the game, broken and overpowered.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

I don't have a problem with NOED, but why can't both sides have strong perks? Maybe MoM was a little too crazy, but they did nerf it way too hard! So they made the perk a dream perk for killers, you have to be very altruistic and take protection hits at the hook to get stacks, which is exactly what killers want, because you aren't working on gens. The devs have lost all touch with solo survivors, because only an idiot would use the new MoM playing solo!!!

• Anevian
    Anevian Member Posts: 47

"You're not entitled to escape just by completing 5 gens." For the love of the entity say it louder for those in the back.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

I'm sorry, try again?