Monstrous Shrine buff

Entità
Entità Member Posts: 1,583
edited June 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

The worst and never used killer perk since the game release deserves a new role and needs to be made useful in all the basement-related perk builds.

MONSTROUS SHRINE.

Activable perk.

Your fervent care of the Hooks found in the Basement has aroused the Entity's interest.

After you hook a Survivor in your Basement, all Hooks in the map are granted the following bonuses:

9/12/15 % faster Entity progression;

6/9/12 % increased difficulty on escape attempts;

3/6/9 % increased penalty to escape fails.

Post edited by Entità on

Comments

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

No ideas?

• VuDjuBuh
    VuDjuBuh Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2019

How about giving it the piece of territorial imperative that's missing?

If you are within 32m of the basement the perk will light up when a survivor is in there letting you know when somebody is in the basement. (cooldown of 75/60/45sec)

Just one idea, can't really think of more.

Edit: cooldown is longer because you are very close.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

It should really be buffed I agree. Maybe it should be changed to more progression speed on all hooks and the other stuff to be basement.

• kennelproud
    kennelproud Member Posts: 9

So the nature of the game is such that the basement in it's own right is very powerful. Getting dropped in the basement at all regardless of whether the killer has MS or not usually means very bad things for you and you team. Especially against killers like Bubba, Trapper, and Hag.

So a rework or buff of this perk should come at it from the angle of facilitating the use of the basement by the killer and synergize with perks used by basement builds. Here are my ideas in this vein

Basement hooks are always visible to the killer.

Survivors in the basement always here the killer's heartbeat as if the killer was near them.

Gain 1 token up to a max of 4 for each new survivor hooked in the basement. Each token increases blood points in the sacrifice category by 25%

These changes would allow the killer to better plan and get right to work setting up the map to work around their basement. It would also make it difficult for survivors to determine where the killer is when in the basement. And when combined with perks like Insidious could add further confusion.

Finally a point buff would be that little more icing on the cake for pulling a tricky gameplay style and adds a reason for there to be more then one rank

Other buffs or ideas that could replace these or be added if need be are: any survivor in the basement is afflicted with the blindness status until they leave. Entering the basement causes a survivor to scream (like the Doctor's madness) this can only occur once ever 60/45/30 secs

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

Okay how about:

Monstrous Shrine:

After hooking 4,3,2 survivors..... the next survivor you hook will be sent to the basement..... and the same percentages can be in there as well......

• kennelproud
    kennelproud Member Posts: 9

"Okay how about:

Monstrous Shrine:

After hooking 4,3,2 survivors..... the next survivor you hook will be sent to the basement..... and the same percentages can be in there as well......"

That's very interesting. Very interesting.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263

I agree a buff would do wonders. Some nice ideas here too i got to say!

• BodamEscapePlan
    BodamEscapePlan Member Posts: 75

They really aught to do something with it. The perk is an absolute joke and there is zero incentive to use it. At the very least, they should make it worthwhile to use to get a lot of Blood Points. It's not like that would overpower the killer in any way for the survivors to whine about and it would be useful for grinding Blood Points.

Now, if they want to get creative, they could actually use some of the stronger ideas in this thread like the whenever you enter the basement, the survivor hears the full-effect of the Terror Radius heartbeat -- I like that idea a lot.

• Dreadnight
    Dreadnight Member Posts: 125

My suggestion:

Monstrous shrine (rework): Survivors in basement suffer Blindness, Exhausted and Oblivious status for 20/25/30s. The status effect timers are paused while the survivor stay in basement.

Is not necessarily a meta perk and could have some synergy with Territorial Imperative.