Just a improvement tip to balance the Endgame

Options
Strolfer
Strolfer Member Posts: 21
edited June 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

(This is my first post here and my native language is not english so sorry if there is any grammar mistakes here)

So this is just a though that I had while playing yesterday but before I share it let me just tell you about the Trial that I had to play to have this idea (Probably other people suggested it before, idk)

I was a survivor that was downed and I knew where the hatch was... so I started crawling to the hatch while the last survivor alive (besides me) was being hooked, the killer sacrificed him, leaving only me alive so the hatch opened, but he got there first and closed it so the gates powered... and there is the problem with endgame: If the last survivor alive is downed and doesn't have Adrenaline or a Key, he'll just wait for his death.

What do I suggest ?

Simple: When there's only one survivor left on the game and this survivor is downed and the hatch is closed by the killer and the survivor doesn't have Adrenaline or Unbreakable (Or already used it) give him the Adrenaline effect or maybe just heal him in one health state

OR

The hatch can't be closed if the last survivor is downed and both gates are still closed and he

already used Unbreakable or doen't have it at all

Thanks for reading until here and again; I'm sorry if there's any grammar mistakes (or if simply writing "grammar mistakes" is a mistake, idk (: )

Comments

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544
    Options

I don't see why you should reward the survivor who not only got downed, but also lost to the killer getting to the hatch. The other option isn't good either because killers can't grab survivors as they jump into the hatch so it seems unfair for the hatch to be open forever.

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544
    Options

Here I am going to copy and paste my idea about Endgame that I made in a different post:

Once the endgame timer has started, the basement chest will have a guaranteed key. However, if the survivor holding the key disconnects or leaves via exit gate then the key is returned to the basement chest that will still be opened.

Another idea: Exit gates will have tremendously hard great skill checks (similar to DS and Overcharge) that once successfully hit they will boost the meter for opening the exit gate. However, if a skill check is failed there will be 0% granted and and it will notify the killer (similar to Hex: Ruin, just with a notification added).

• Strolfer
    Options

The killers can interrupt the escape of survivors from the hatch by grabbing then (which sometines doesn't work 'cause ITs buggy)

And If you stop to think about It, it's not "rewarding" the survivor, it's giving him a chance because in this situation you can do nothing at all

Yes, It seems unfair... So the survivor can have 2 minutes to escape through the Hatch otherwise it closes itself and the Entity kills the survivor right away? But let's not forget that the killer can camp the hatch while it's open

• Strolfer
    Options

The thing with these ideas is that they don't apply to the problem that I've said wich is: the last survivor alive is downed and the Hatch is closed

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

You failed the first time when your team didn't manage to fix all generators.

You failed a second time when you didn't make it to the Hatch before the killer.

Why'd you be rewarded for failing twice already?

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

EGC was created to prevent survivors from taking the game hostage. At this point, though, all that's been done is allow killers to be the ones taking the game hostage - they can softcamp hatch until they see a survivor, or just slug someone and then not really worry about finding them because they're handed a free kill.

I'm down for the Entity killing survivors, but I disagree with the notion that the killer should be rewarded for it.

• Strolfer
    Options

@se05239

Not everyone plays in a SWF team só you can't say to the other survivors that the killer os camping 🤷

Sure, let's crawl in a super slow speed in the middle of the map while making a lot of noises for the killer see or hear me and kill me already

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

@Strolfer I never said that everyone do. I don't do SWF very often either. Rare occasions. Doesn't change the fact that you're playing with three other players as a survivor.