The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Plague buff

Bludge23
Bludge23 Member Posts: 234
edited July 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

The two ways they can buff the plague is to get rid of the ability of survivors to heal when using the pool of devotion to get rid of sickness. Or allow the plague to be able to use corrupted pools anywhere on the map without having to go to the pools. There has to be a bigger incentive for players to drink from the pools otherwise the latter idea is still not going to work. So they could make it so that the pools become corrupted once a survivor becomes fully infected even without drinking from the pool. I don't use the character but just some ideas.

Comments

• Kaldrax
    Kaldrax Member Posts: 39

Here's some ideas I've had or heard from others as possible ideas to help her out:

• When 2 survivors have cleansed in any pool, all pools become corrupted. The Plague taking the corruption from any pool will clear the corruption from all pools. Survivors can continue to cleanse in corrupted pools.
    • Increase the time it takes to cleanse at a pool. Right now it's almost an insta heal. Make it take as long as it would to get healed by another survivor.
    • Survivors being fully infected (broken) starts a countdown timer, similar to the Pig's traps. If the timer runs out, the survivor dies from sickness. Timer stops during chases.
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

"The two ways they can buff the plague is to get rid of the ability of survivors to heal when using the pool of devotion to get rid of sickness"

This further says dont cleanse.

• Bludge23

I made a new plague discussion with ideas I came up with if y'all wanna check it out

• Bludge23
    edited July 2019

Wait never mind someone had the same idea as me and kaldrax highlighted some of the ideas I put down that someone else has as well. But I don't see this idea:

The plague being able to corrupt a pool from anywhere on the map. Kind of like how Freddie can look at a generator and teleport to it. She should be able to do that. Not only is it hard for her to get her power but she loses so much pressure just to walk to the other side of the map to get her power.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Machine gun vomit is so brain dead easy to hit and down people with - and you wonder why no one cleanses.

• hahmraro
    hahmraro Member Posts: 96

Just a action and repair debuff while sick. Fixing Plague is a no brainer.

• Bludge23

Yeah that's a good idea. An action debuff would be a good incentive to cleanse.

• Boogiekingmyers
    Boogiekingmyers Member Posts: 44

Oh hell no, remove that pest instead.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

Along with a corrupt purge nerf. The root of the problem is that the red puke is just too damn strong. Dial it down, add a sickness penalty, now you have more people cleansing but it’s not OP.

• hahmraro
    hahmraro Member Posts: 96

I think the only way to nerf the corrupt purge is by slightly/moderately reducing its duration. But by doing that the repair and action penalty needs to be better than Thanatophobia AT LEAST.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

it's not strong at all considering you have to go out of your way to

1.head to a corrupted pool

2.channel the corrupted pool

3. Find survivors in a limited amount of time.

Don't forget that

1. All survivors know when you are corrupted as well

2. It does not go through walls

3. Does not have high range.

• Karl_Childers

Disagree, it’s busted if you force survivors to cleanse. I mean what does it say when smart survivors don’t even want a full heal to give that power?! If corrupt purge wasn’t as strong as you say, people would be using the fountains

• Karl_Childers
    edited July 2019

Yeah I’m not sure, the balance would have to be played around with. It just can’t be forced cleansing without a nerf.

• Bludge23
    edited July 2019

I don't know about that since survivors don't cleanse until end game. Which would only be once. I was thinking about making cleansing from the pools as long as regular healing. It would be the same as healing so perks like sloppy butcher would affect it as well.