Glebu Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Glebu said:
    It depends on how far you were from the killer
    and you can always hide behind a generator
    Bbq doesnt need to be removed because you were unlucky once

“BNP’s and insta heals don’t need a nerf cuz you got unlucky and had 4 in a single game”

Im talking about the chance of you being close to the person hooked... its not even random you can choose to go away from the downed person
    And you didnt say anything about my other argument
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Glebu

(Btw, always keep in mind I’m acting as if killer is billy for this scenarios) What if you got caught away from a gen? Or an obstacle blocks the perpendicular side to the hook? Or knock out? Or last gen got finished but gates are closed?

• Glebu
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Glebu

(Btw, always keep in mind I’m acting as if killer is billy for this scenarios) What if you got caught away from a gen? Or an obstacle blocks the perpendicular side to the hook? Or knock out? Or last gen got finished but gates are closed?

A billy wont reach you in 4 seconds so you can use that against him and make him think you are going right then go left at the 4 second mark
     The killer wastes his perk slot if he only uses it for bbq so you have the perk advantage
    If the gates are open the killer will always go for the guy opening the gate, and if you are the one opening it just go away from it
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Glebu said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Glebu

A billy wont reach you in 4 seconds so you can use that against him and make him think you are going right then go left at the 4 second mark
     The killer wastes his perk slot if he only uses it for bbq so you have the perk advantage
    If the gates are open the killer will always go for the guy opening the gate, and if you are the one opening it just go away from it

Yes, he’s not literally on you in 4 seconds, but more often than not; he DOES have NOT AURA BUT REAL line of sight to you.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options
    Well, according to the latest dev stream, BBQ and Chili will NOT be seeing any nerfs. They also said to learn the counters (hiding behind a gen, using the aura reading for mindgames, and staying close to the Killer). You’ll just have to actually take advice from the devs and get better. 
  • Jack11803
    Options

@SnakeSound222 said:
    Well, according to the latest dev stream, BBQ and Chili will NOT be seeing any nerfs. They also said to learn the counters (hiding behind a gen, using the aura reading for mindgames, and staying close to the Killer). You’ll just have to actually take advice from the devs and get better. 

Won’t stop me from saying it should be nerfed to 3 seconds

• Jack11803
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

They also said no mither won’t get a buff. Do you think that’s reasonable?

• Easylife
    Easylife Member Posts: 163
    Options

@SnakeSound222 said:

Yep! exactly this ^

BBQ will NOT be seeing any nerfs and neither will aura reading perks as they are to stay, adapt or die!

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    Survivors wanted Looping to be a core game mechanic, fine. They deal with he nerf to Stealth then in exchange.
  • SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    Options

@SovererignKing said:
    SnakeSound222 said:

Survivors wanted Looping to be a core game mechanic, fine. They deal with he nerf to Stealth then in exchange.

All these comments sound a lot like killer main comments

• SovererignKing
    Options
    SasukeKun said:

@SovererignKing said:
    SnakeSound222 said:

All these comments sound a lot like killer main comments

How about players who play both sides I recognize the bullshit? I don’t like the games shift from Stealth play to Looping centered either. However, it’s what the majority of Survivor Mains want and the developers are happy to oblige. They will make the game balanced (eventually) so that Looping is necessary just as much as Stealth is. 

If you know the Killer is running detection perks and you have a hard time Steathing because of it, Loop. If the Killer is running perks that help against Looping (or plays Nurse), learn to Stealth. If they got rid of Looping entirely, by all means, delete BBQ.

You sound like an obviously jaded and angry Survivor player. 
  • Glebu
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Glebu said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Glebu

Yes, he’s not literally on you in 4 seconds, but more often than not; he DOES have NOT AURA BUT REAL line of sight to you.

Have you been listening? Juke him into thinking you are going another direction so he doesnt have line of sight of you
  • Glebu
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

It is reasonable 
    The perk is hardmode for survivors
    Whats the point of buffing a perk that is suposed to handicap you
  • commtech
    commtech Member Posts: 18
    Options
    I play more surv than killer but I have to side with the killers on this one. BBQ is very easy to counter and it’s great incentive for the killer to leave the hook it’s a great perk.
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Glebu said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Jack11803 said:

@SnakeSound222 said:

It is reasonable 
    The perk is hardmode for survivors
    Whats the point of buffing a perk that is suposed to handicap you

Exactly. I don’t think it should be a hard mode perk, that’s a waste of recourses when you can just go perkless. I wish it was an actual good trade off between bonuses and health. Devs VERY commonly say something is 100% done and done, and won’t be changed, but it’s worth a shot, and HAS worked before.

However, where this really gets muddy, is them denying to fix PS4 killers DC’s via closeting application, which deletes all progress in the match, all items, all currencies, and sometimes corrupts files. I don’t care if it’s “uncommon”. Not fixing that is as stupid as ignoring flashlight macro, as it’s basically the killer version, BUT WAY MORE ACCESSIBLE. I’m gonna kick and scream till that’s fixed.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Aura reading should be rare or sparing, but the next patch is stuffing gargantuan amounts of it into the game for both sides. You should be evading and hiding from the killer. The game is taking the "You can run, but you can't hide(, b*tch)" adage too far.

• Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    Options
    SasukeKun said:

@popoles said:
    Why are you still complaining about it?!
    I can hide from killers that use this perk, I can hide from Doctor. And I don't even use Urban Evasion! So maybe, try to actually do something against it rather than complaining and waiting for somebody else to do the job! Thank you.

Not that this topic is about it, but could you say the same about Decisive Strike? It's an Opinion i never stated it's a fact that it's overpowered

The problem with decisive strike is that it immediately negates 30 secs to minutes of the killers progress. It takes a lot of time to counter a looper AND you have to hit them twice. “I’ll just hit a skillcheck and make the last minute of this game disappear”
  • Wicked_Django
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

So... would you prefer to get Insidious basement camped by Leatherface?

If it’s a leatherface with insidious and you’re in the basement, BBQ won’t even come close to stopping that camp

Then he's wasting a perk slot.

Too bad that’s common. BBQ does very little to motivate not camping, except by people who would normally not camp anyway.

We dont nerf perks because bad players use them incorrectly. They are nerfed because good players exploit them
  • Jack11803
    Options

@Wicked_Django said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

If it’s a leatherface with insidious and you’re in the basement, BBQ won’t even come close to stopping that camp

Too bad that’s common. BBQ does very little to motivate not camping, except by people who would normally not camp anyway.

We dont nerf perks because bad players use them incorrectly. They are nerfed because good players exploit them

Billy +BBQ. Also, I was told a better nerf that’s more specified at them then just making it 3 seconds. Have aura instantly dissipate upon reaching a certain distance to the survivor, I don’t know, 36m?

• Wicked_Django
    Options
    Jack11803 said:

@Wicked_Django said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Billy +BBQ. Also, I was told a better nerf that’s more specified at them then just making it 3 seconds. Have aura instantly dissipate upon reaching a certain distance to the survivor, I don’t know, 36m?

If i can see you within 36 meters as billy, you are dead. Even BBQ and Billy is still counterable. Watch some rank 1 survivor mains and see what they do. Do that. People die from BBQ because they sit behind a wall and think, “yeah, Im safe if I stay here for the next minute.”
  • SasukeKun
    Options

@Wicked_Django said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Wicked_Django said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said: So... would you prefer to get Insidious basement camped by Leatherface? If it’s a leatherface with insidious and you’re in the basement, BBQ won’t even come close to stopping that camp

If i can see you within 36 meters as billy, you are dead. Even BBQ and Billy is still counterable. Watch some rank 1 survivor mains and see what they do. Do that. People die from BBQ because they sit behind a wall and think, “yeah, Im safe if I stay here for the next minute.”

OR, Billy sees you and charges to you before the 4 seconds are over, then body block chainsaws you and tries it on the next survivor

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    SasukeKun said:

@Wicked_Django said:
    Jack11803 said:

@Wicked_Django said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said:

Jack11803 said:

@Tsulan said: So... would you prefer to get Insidious basement camped by Leatherface? If it’s a leatherface with insidious and you’re in the basement, BBQ won’t even come close to stopping that camp

OR, Billy sees you and charges to you before the 4 seconds are over, then body block chainsaws you and tries it on the next survivor

Billy can't pass 40 meters in 4 seconds. 
  • Mechkiller3425
    Mechkiller3425 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Grey87 said:

Killer main crybabies: "Nah nah , it's fair. Play stealthy survivors."

Always makes me laugh when they tell you to be stealthy and not loop even when looping is a better strat if you know how to do it well because hiding against some killers is pointless when they know where you are nop matter what you do.

I mean look at this guy

@Lowbei said:
    bbq is fine. git gud.

It's fine because he said so guys.
    So many say they use it for BP , which is bs. Would love it to be same as WGLF and give you only BP. Killer main kids will riot lol.

its kinda sad but my dad likes leatherface simply because its his favorite horror movie, and using chili for the 100% BP gains but he doesnt try to play killer often enough to make use of it.
  • SovererignKing
    Options
    Eninya said:

Aura reading should be rare or sparing, but the next patch is stuffing gargantuan amounts of it into the game for both sides. You should be evading and hiding from the killer. The game is taking the "You can run, but you can't hide(, b*tch)" adage too far.

Exactly. Which I don’t like one bit. All because they want Looping to be the new Main play style. They keep changing the game from “hide and seek” against a supernatural monster to some Benny Hill show. It’s getting less and less Survival Horror, and more and more Action Horror. If I wanted Action Horror I’d play The Evil Within or Resident Evil where I’m supposed to fight back. I got Dead By Daylight because I not only wanted to play the “bad guy” for once, but also to play a game where I’m not supposed to fight back. I’m supposed to hide and not even THINK about being found, or I’m dead meat. 
  • Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370
    Options

@Glebu said:
    Have you thought of moving for 4 seconds after a survivor gets hooked

When i played surv i mad eit a point to assume that every killer had bbq and acted accordingly. Sometimes hide behind a gen, sometimes i would tbag then move in eratic ways till the 4 seconds were gone and then leave the area, sometimes i would move away in a direction and then come back. I would do anything to make the killer know that i know he has it and i am not going to be anywhere near where he saw me last.

If people are getting hooked one after another either they are not careful enough or the killer is running bbq and the survs are not moving away or being stealthy enough when he does come. Safe bet is to assume they all have it.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370
    Options

@commtech said:
    I play more surv than killer but I have to side with the killers on this one. BBQ is very easy to counter and it’s great incentive for the killer to leave the hook it’s a great perk.

Survs cant be pleased. They dont want camping but they want to nerf to one true perk that can allow a killer to leave the friggen hook which is what they want.

• pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697
    Options

@Envees said:

@Glebu said:

When i played surv i mad eit a point to assume that every killer had bbq and acted accordingly. Sometimes hide behind a gen, sometimes i would tbag then move in eratic ways till the 4 seconds were gone and then leave the area, sometimes i would move away in a direction and then come back. I would do anything to make the killer know that i know he has it and i am not going to be anywhere near where he saw me last.

If people are getting hooked one after another either they are not careful enough or the killer is running bbq and the survs are not moving away or being stealthy enough when he does come. Safe bet is to assume they all have it.

THANK YOU God finally someone said it.

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672
    Options

Won't be long now before survivors start calling Make you Choice cheap

• Wicked_Django
    Options

Wut? There are few maps that Billy can saw straight accross without an obsticle. Why are you hiding in corners against Billy? Dont let him body block you
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options
    darktrix said:

People need to stop assuming every survivor they see is part of some elite swf team with comms, we're not. I'd rather take that 1 in 4 chance of being camped while the others got gens done, than that 1 in 3 (or better) chance of getting targeted just because some rng potato I got stuck with in the trial is hooked. Likewise I don't want to penalize the strangers I play with if I happen to be that potato on the hook. Every trial I have to break any rhythm to counter bbq more so than any other perk in existence and that gets old.

Stops camping? No, it justifies it if the killer doesn't see all auras they assume someone is close by and will camp/patrol even harder, or if they do see all auras. they get an idea if their hook is safe for awhile and about when they should wander back in time to greet the unhook. Basically what I hear when people say camping will happen more if bbq wasn't around, is that most killers are just bad at the job.

tl;dr The big beef I have with bbq is it penalizes me for someone else's fail.

As survivors you're meant to work as a team but you seem to be quick to devalue your teammates when they're doing badly but if you barely helped contribute to the escape and your team practically carried you there I doubt you will ever point at the hook and say well killer that I don't deserve to live my teammates are the ones that did a good job I didn't really help that much you would take the escape like any other person would but you better believe if your teammates do crappy you shouldn't be penalised for their mistakes with barbecue and chili you should get hatch because their failure shouldn't impact you
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

And if they do run knock out? Or third seal? Or any thing like that? BBQ just becomes wall hack on billy?

That's a rare case, but it's been my experience in dealing with Billy's running BBQ that they are only an issue if you are just outside blind spot BBQ has with an open lane between you and the hook. Billy's kinda map dependent anyway, which is a sword that cuts against the killer as much as it cuts against the survivor.

Devs have more or less confirmed in yesterday's stream they don't think BBQ is an issue anyway, even for Nurse and Billy.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

And if they do run knock out? Or third seal? Or any thing like that? BBQ just becomes wall hack on billy?

I believe that's called a synergy my dude.

• Jack11803
    Options

@IronWolf115 said:

With hag buffs MYC is OP and should be nerfed. Have it require 100m distance. Make hat spend 10 minutes setting a trap

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@IronWolf115 said:

With hag buffs MYC is OP and should be nerfed. Have it require 100m distance. Make hat spend 10 minutes setting a trap

Excuse me, I am off to self terminate

• Doom_Punk
    Doom_Punk Member Posts: 371
    Options

The perk's been out for almost a solid year. You've had a lot of time to adapt to it and there's many ways to counter it.

I just love it for the points.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited July 2018
    Options

To be completely blunt, when I catch people with BBQ it's almost always because they didn't do anything to counter it. I would see them crouched behind a wall somewhere or running to a gen or another survivor, or something and then I would go there and they would still be there!

Like really I had a guy as p3 Claud, Pale Horse purple myst, hide in a random bush on the FAR FAR side of where I hooked this guy. I saw another close-ish to him so I went in that direction. Then I saw him stand up at a distance, went up to the bush AND HE JUST STAYED THERE. Even though it was obvious I knew he was there because as killer there is no reason for me to go to this part of the map. Walk right up to him and smack him in the face. Caught him quick and hooked him, and it was death hook. I sent him a GG after like I do everyone and he got super salty, called me a try hard (when he was p3 Claud LOL) and all this stuff. I told him maybe next time don't hide in a bush when BBQ goes off then stay there expecting me to just not see you. That only works on idiots.

You can counter BBQ very easily. I do it all the time at rank 1 surv. I've had people completely juke me as killer. It can be done. Just don't play like a moron.

@Jack11803 said:

@IronWolf115 said:

Urban Evasion. Flashlight. Small Game. Hag has been countered.

• SasukeKun
    Options

@Doom_Punk said:
    The perk's been out for almost a solid year. You've had a lot of time to adapt to it and there's many ways to counter it.

I just love it for the points.

It would be cool if the polar opposite "We're Gonna Live Forever" Perk did something similar to it

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Just make one chance to BBQ - leave it 4 secpnds (hell, make it 10 for that matter) but auras disappear when you get within 40 meters, whether that happens in the 1st second or the 4th.  Essentially, instead of "the aura of any survivor 40 meters or more from the hook is revealed for 4 seconds" it becomes "the aura of any survivor 40 meters or more from the KILLER is revealed for 4 seconds", thus the 40 meter immunity moves WITH the killer.

Thoughts?
  • pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697
    Options

@Baphomett said:
    Just make one chance to BBQ - leave it 4 secpnds (hell, make it 10 for that matter) but auras disappear when you get within 40 meters, whether that happens in the 1st second or the 4th.  Essentially, instead of "the aura of any survivor 40 meters or more from the hook is revealed for 4 seconds" it becomes "the aura of any survivor 40 meters or more from the KILLER is revealed for 4 seconds", thus the 40 meter immunity moves WITH the killer.

Thoughts?

not necessary its has plenty of counters( complete nullyfiers already)

• SasukeKun
    Options

@pauloandrade22 said:

@Baphomett said:

Thoughts?

not necessary its has plenty of counters( complete nullyfiers already)

Even if you try to fake it's really strong on billy

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

@SasukeKun said:

@Wicked_Django said:

I just suicide on the first hook in most Hillbilly games. No point in wasting my time for another 500~ points over several minutes if I can't be the one sandbagging other survivors for points.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    Do you guys really prefer getting camped over a killer who leaves the hook, to get someone else?
  • SasukeKun
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Do you guys really prefer getting camped over a killer who leaves the hook, to get someone else?

l> @Eninya said:

@SasukeKun said:

@Wicked_Django said:

I just suicide on the first hook in most Hillbilly games. No point in wasting my time for another 500~ points over several minutes if I can't be the one sandbagging other survivors for points.

i mean i still try but i feel

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261
    Options

How to deal with BBQ in 2 easy steps:

1. Be within 40 meters of the hooked survivor.

2. Crouch behind a gen LOSing the hooked survivor if not within 40 meters.

I don't get how noobs don't realize this. It's the EASIEST perk to counter in the game that tracks.

You should be more pissed off about bitter murmur, it's almost uncounterable.

• Zavri
    Options

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    Tsulan said:

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:

azazer said:

Tsulan said:

This here. You realize BBQ was made to incentivize not camping right?

lol come on now, someone dumb enough to basement camp with Insidious is going to do it whether they have BBQ or not. 

I play both sides, I think the main problem with BBQ is the same as Tinkerer, sure it helps certain killers, but it can be too strong on others. Yeah it’s great for Leatherface or Trapper to let them see where they should go next. But on killers like Billy or Nurse or even Huntress it almost breaks them because it’s so good. 

I wish they they could somehow tweak it so BBQ isn’t as strong on some killers as others. I love the BP boost, but it makes Billy games so easy.

Survivors could use their Sprint Burst to run into a different direction, after BBQ triggered.

Everything is better than hiding on the same spot.

Neither Billy nor the Nurse can cover the 40 meters in 4 seconds. They can approach the spot, but survivors still have enough time to evade them.

Yeah there are counters to BBQ, but sometimes you don’t have the option to use them. Depending on the map and killer, your only hope is that when the killer dashes or blinks over, they’re terrible and can’t find you. 

Its fine on killers who need to walk over and find you. It’s broken on killers who can just zip across the map or fling an axe across the map.

And yeah, we’re talking 2, maybe 3 of the killers out of what... 12? But Billy is incredibly common because he’s so easy to use and effective.

Billy is FAR from easy to use. Landing chainsaws on good survivors without reduced charge addons ( and the tink nerf ) is pretty difficult without hours of practice.

• Zavri
    Options

@Global said:

@SasukeKun said:

@Envees said:

@Khalednazari said:
    There are multiple ways in which you can use this perk to your advantage and confuse the killer. Also, there's enough time from the point where the survivor is downed to the time he's on the hook, for you to get into the safe zone around the hook where the killer cannot see you. 

All that tells me as killer with BBQ is that one or more survs are within saving range. Meaning i go nowhere from the hook thereby promoting camping yourself. If you are within 40 meters which is very close then you are coming for the unhook. Tell me why i should go? Cos of your twisted rules that state that i have to go to the other side of the map when i slap somebody on the hook?

Think about it please.

Some people use the perk to make the game smoother but i hope the devs take into consideration that the detection perks overall need to be weak. Otherwise it takes the point of the game away

Detecting perks are literally the most needed thing when setting up perks for killers though. Whispers is good but innacurate Spies from the shadows can be good but only works 80% of the time. BBQ is accurate and why is BBQ so bad when perks like bitter murmur let you see survivors for 9 or so seconds when the last gen is powered like seriously it can be devastating with NOED but no one talks about it. Im not sure what survivors want they go after one perk because its used more and affective not knowing that without those perks killer would be nearly impossible.

Bitter murmur is still new since the rework. Wait til more killers use it in combo with a select few perks ( new meta tbh especially for nurse and billy ) and people will be crying for a nerf as much as BBQ.

Hint: Try BM/BBQ/Nurses/Ruin ( or noed depending if you want a strong early game or strong late game ) on the nurse or billy.

It's like having a perma wallhack the entire game. It's great!

• Zavri
    Options

@SasukeKun said:

@Glebu said:

Yes, it doesn't matter in most cases with Billy and or nurse, you ever been body blocked by a billy?

At standard killer walking speed it takes somewhere around 10 seconds to run at least 40 meters. Billy's sprint it's around 4 seconds or so, but this is assuming a straight line from A to B. Nurse is faster with double max range addons, but still takes at least 3 seconds ( 2 blinks ).

Bodyblocking has nothing to due with evasion of a tracking perk.

BBQ is fine.