4 exit gates instead of 2

• 2 real exit gates
  • 2 fake exit gates

Real ones:
no changes, maybe extending a bit its time of opening

Fake ones:
1: survivors try to open the gate and once the bar is full, gate simply stays closed
or
2: survivors can open the gate like a normal one, but after getting close to the exit line, it gets blocked and they can't leave.

Killer of course would know what gate is real or not. Orange auras = real gates / Red(?) auras = fake gates.

Comments

• Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Member Posts: 44

No, I think they just need to fix the spawning of the exit gates, they can spawn really close to each other at times.

• TheSkreechingDeath
    TheSkreechingDeath Member Posts: 36

An intriguing idea.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

Terrible idea. Should be 2 doors only.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

Yeah except how would that be fair to survivors against a killer with NOED, or a Tier 3 Michael. Doesn't seems very fair dude. No this isn't me being a whiny survivor main, this is actual facts, cuz a killer can just insta-knock you, maybe instill something so it's balanced for both.

Don't say they can make a perk that helps because that's one perk slot wasted so us survivors can tell the difference. But if you want your idea to be implemented make it a ultra rare offering that is secret.

• badaB00M3R
    badaB00M3R Member Posts: 80
    edited April 2020

I think this idea could add an extra element of suspense to the game. It would probably need a perk capable of shortening the time of determining whether an exit is real. Maybe T3 of the perk would expose the fake exit in 10 seconds instead of 20. I would think the killer would probably need a perk or an item or addon that would help them discern the true exits as well.

It adds a little more immersion and causes players to rethink those meta perks a bit. Most things that break molds or expand metas is a good thing for the longevity of a game.

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387

Adds an extra layer of surprise, sure, but terrible in game play.

It's easier to change where gates spawn. Especially since almost all of the maps have been tweaked to be smaller. 2 more fake gates would just kinda... be... well, ultimately, pointless other than just to add a extra layer of surprise and RNG to the game. And lemme tell ya, RNG ain't fun.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

The only way this idea could ever work is if you had two dysfunctional doors. That can make someone go to the wrong door during a chase if they weren't paying attention when the gens popped. Letting people interact would be annoying. Letting the killer know which is real on top of that would be overkill.