Key + Mori debuffs

AetherBytes
AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Eboni mories can kill 1 person after hook, and they can kill from a standing position (tombstone myers), but keep other mori's the same.

Key's require you to channel when opening the hatch with them, which you can be grabbed off and resets when you let go.

Seems equal imo. Eboni's aren't just doom for an entire team and there's no hatch rushes (someone sitting on hatch waiting for killer or they come across it while running). Stops mori's winning games singlehandidly, and stops keys being an escape all, and only gives you a safe hatch if you're not in a chase.

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

whats the point of using ebony moris then?

whats the point of them being ultra rare then?

• AetherBytes

@Mister_xD the survivor will always be in peril, you can kill them immediately instead of having to down them again first.

• AetherBytes

I was honestly expecting someone to complain "ah bla but killer can stomp hatch."

I had a really good counter that I shall now never use ;-;

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

Ebony already got a nerf. Use to be able to down and kill without even hooking. But, I guess it's still to hard to survive tho, right? Imagine what it use to be like.

• Mister_xD

@CheersTC that would completely defeat the purpose of moris in the first place.

that addition could just be in a killers basekit aswell, there woudl be no point in using ebony moris anymore, since you would gain no benefit from them - besides a cool kill animation instead of the lame sacrifice animation.

honestly, what is with you guys and mori nerfs? ebony moris are ultra rare offerings - they get used once and then they are gone, no matter weather the killer used them or not. and lets be honest, how often do you see ebony moris games? i honestly cant remember the last time played against one, thats how often i personally run into them.

those offerings are ultra rare for a reason, they greatly impact the game, just like keys do. yet, they are way more restricted to use than keys. the current version of the ebony mori is fine imo. killers can kill you fast, but honestly, why would they? if they were trying to tryhard, ebony moris arent the best way to go, you get emblem penalities and a lot less BP from them. the only reason why i personally use them would be for fun / if i want to teach that obvious 4 man SWF team with flashlights / toolboxes a lesson.

• Altair899
    Altair899 Member Posts: 30

But you know you can't grab survivor when they go throw a hatch?

• Altair899
    Altair899 Member Posts: 30

@AetherBytes Killer can't grab survivor when they go throw a hatch

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I dislike this idea, but offtopic for a split second, did down vote get sent to the shadow realm?

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

Pointless! If you had someone hooked twice, the next hook is death anyway

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Drop Ebony Moris to Very Rare, and I'd be on board.

I don't believe Rarity is a good balancing measure because rarity is not something that matters once a game starts.

Plus, you say "Oh, I rarely run into them, so why worry?", and another thread on the first page is complaining about running into too many ebony moris. Which one gets to have their claim matter more?

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

Now I wouldn't necessarily be against these changes, but something to keep in mind is that the first one would require a ton of animation work. It's easy enough for Michael Myers since his mori animation already works for a standing survivor. Most mori animations take place on the ground, and it would look awful to have the survivors instantly warp to the ground to get into position for the mori. Imagine how the hag's mori would look, for example.

That's not to say it's impossible, but nearly all of the mori animations would have to be reviewed and redone completely.

• Mister_xD

@TAG i would agree on that for everything besides ultra rares. those items / add ons / offerings are supposed to be gamechanging, which is what earned them their title as ultra rare.

just take a look at them:

Ultra rare add ons allow the killer to use their power in completely different ways than usual. Trapper is able to just have undisarmable traps, since anyone touching them would get injured while they just reset themselves automatically shortly after. Wraith is able to gain exact knowedge of Survivors whereabouts while being able to easily ambush them with his silenced bell, etc.

survivors have ultra rare items that drastically change how the game is played. the key allows for an early escape, while also giving them various information on the trial / killer and the rainbowmap allows them to gain a lot of very good map knowledge - they even trump the killer's map knowledge with it.

ebony moris also cut down the time it takes to complete the trial, for the killer that is.

you wont see anything really gamechanging below the ultra rare rarity, so anything that has said quality, needs to also be meeting those standarts or drop in quality.

now for the last part, i have seen it aswell and its some funny coincidence xD. however, we do not know any of the context. he was complaining about ebony moris and getting camped a lot recently, so he might have played with his friends in a 4 man SWF. they might aswell have played toxic, having the killers switch to moris or camping them. or maybe they were just extremely unlucky - we cant tell for sure.

now, here is my context: i usually play solo Survivor as claudette, usually somehwere between purple and red ranks. i dont bring items into the trial, instead i try to collect new items during the trial ang get them out of it. i am not running any prestige clothes, instead i have dark clothing and try to be as stealthy as possible. like i said, i do not see many red moris in my surivor games - in the last couple of monthy i think i saw one pig running an ebony mori with ultra rare add ons aswell... thats it.

all i was saying was, that i personally rarely run into those.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
  • AetherBytes

@Peanits general hit animation and survivor down animation iimmediately followed by the mori animation (though michael might get special treatement). The worst is just coding it to chain the 2 together.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited July 2019

So make the Ebony an Ivory, but just Ultra Rare

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

Leveling up my spirit from 1 to 50 I got 25 moris lol. ULTRA RARE

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

And by 25 moris I mean the ebony ones. I got more green and yellow too

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

The problem is that being game-changing is not an excuse to be overpowered. Rarity does not and should not stop something from being overpowered.

• Horus
    Horus Member Posts: 850

Well the moris are old and usually out of sync so some new moris animations for killers would be amazing after 3 year of the same old kills

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

i swear navigating my survivor blood webs now is just a game of "how to avoid the BNP/odd bulb"

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

the same point as odd bulb and bnp being ultra rare