Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

10 Solutions for the EGC problem, and yes, it IS a problem

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 42
edited July 2019 in General Discussions
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Vampy
    Vampy Member Posts: 67

this whole get is survivor biased... learn loops, bind tea bag to every key.. ez rank 1

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

The EGC is not about letting the survivors out 9/10 cases. The EGC is here to prevent games to be drawn out to infinity.

If you are the last survivor and the killer found the hatch before you, you just were unlucky. you can try out to open a gate, that's it.

Both of you can move on to a new game.

Solution 1: EGC does not trigger when the hatch is closed.

-If the hatch closed the game could go on forever. One survivor doing how many gens? 1-5 with the new hatch. That's not realistic.

Solution 2: Make the hatch visible to all players at the start of every trial.

-Almost every killer have a higher movement speed than the survivors, that's just unfair to play against.

Solution 3: 60 seconds is added to the EGC timer for every survivor that was sacrificed/killed.

-the entire point of the EGC is to wrap the game up, not elongate it.

Solution 4: Every map has a special chest that cannot be opened until EGC has triggered, in the chest is a purple key.

-free item, that can be trapped and camped...not so good.

Solution 5: Exit Gates ALWAYS spawn as far as possible from each other.

-should be the case.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Cymer Exit gates should not always spawn on opposite sides of the map. A killer would have no chance patrolling. Without Whisper, that's a free escape.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

its free kill for high mobility killers

i missed some with myers legion

very few with nurse spirit

obviously its killer favor but wm1 killers deserve it

i don't chase when my bloodpoints all fully farmed except sacrifice

or someone looks very noobish player but not a pu hm.. chicken

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

If your teammates supposedly are potato... Have you thought about trying to play for pips and rank up so you get matched with survivors equal to your skill level? You don't need to escape in order to pip.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

You do realize the hatch exists. Yes the Killer will often find it first but he also often won't.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

Let's just make it so the survivors can take the game hostage again for hours. The rule is whoever gets to the hatch first wins, but survivors will still run to the hatch when i've got there first to try and jump in. Luckily for me closing the hatch overrides that, survivors get a second chance at escaping after losing the hatch and still complain about.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

You versing the Killer on your own is biased towards the Killer?

In a 4v1 game?

Who would've thought that...

It's easier than ever to escape on your own.

The best thing they could do is make it so, when you're the last one left, you can press & hold CTRL while in the Dying state to speed up your bleeding, rapidly going faster until it races to 0 seconds left and you die.

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

Why not just have the killers speed drop to 100ms?

Why not just take away his power and perks too at eg?

Hell, even have the entity light up a path that leads you strait to the gates too. And don't worry, they'll automatically open just so things are fair for you.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I won't even announce how your decisions won't work and how EGC is meant to be that way for a reason and you get a easy escape for doing bad and not working together cause others have done it for me.

If hatch spawned at the beginning of the match, I could just bring my Pink key and jump through at the start of the match every game.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557

"cant grab at hatch"

"hatch spawns regardless of amount of generators repaired now"

sounds killer biased to me.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

I'm gonna pass on this one, chief.

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442

thats ideal, but egc doesn't work that way i never saw someone played that naive

before egc killer doesn't have to find hatch first

when i wanted to all kill, i gave them 3gens intentionally and wait til hatch spawn

pre-search hatch and get any survivor and hook it, goes hatch i pre-searched before egc and boom you don't have a chance

i think if the egc started, hatch should close and respawn other position

thats the only way you right

• Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261

Just add an option to surrender once the EGC has started. I'm sick of waiting 2 minute and a half because toxic killer decided to slug me.

• martin27
    martin27 Member Posts: 696

As you put it "it's not the killers fault" but you would like to see them penalised in some way for it. The survivors are DCing in droves when things don't go their way, survivors will spam killers with hateful messages whenever they win or lose. Survivors say looping is the new meta and killers should git gud but are constantly complaining that the nurse is to OP because she can beating the looping tactic. I use to give the last person the hatch but i also use to have messages turned on. There is no reason for the devs to change the EGC, first to the hatch wins and survivor players don't exactly inspire killers to be generous.

• GΣVΛЦDΛП
    GΣVΛЦDΛП Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2019

"EGC stops hatch stand offs." This isn't entirely a thing. If killers want to get their sweat on for that glorious 4k, all the killer has to do is sit on the hatch, wait for the survivor to come along and bam. they are focked (at least this gives insidious utility besides camping /s). The survivor does not have many options in regards to their survival if this happens. They could just wait the killer out leading to a stealthy stand off. They could do a generator, but that of course would reveal their location and depending on map size and current generator placement in regards to the hatch placement, could simply be their death. Then of course are keys but that's not really something to always rely on is it. Or, just die. if the killer closes the hatch and the gates are powered, if the gates are both visible with a few seconds of walking distance if that, is a guaranteed kill and then leads to the question of if it was actually earnt, as they only got the kill due to garbage door placement.

Now I am not saying "gIvE sURviVOrS a FrEe EsCApE" but it should be made more fair so there is actually a possibility of an escape being earnt by that survivor in the timer of the collapse. whether that be door placements being more distant, but not complete opposite sides, door timer slowly opening when a chase is initiated, hatch opening at another random location after a certain amount of time after its closed (and this cant happen more than maybe like twice idk). As far as I'm aware the EGC was to shorten the end of the game, not guarantee free kills or escapes and what was deemed a "win" iirc was 2 kills and 2 escape.

Playing killer and having god tier door placements, superb mobility of the meta killers or simply just finding them and that alone securing the kill and not needing any skill whatsoever to get that kill feels extremely unfair, and it feels unfair when you receive it too.

I personally dislike the EGC, I like the idea of it but I dislike the easy guarantees it creates.

Also stop that garbage where people slug you as a toy so you can be killed by the entity. it was bad enough that they never had a chance of escaping, and now have to wait for a minute or so before being able to leave the game.

also I forgot to mention, I thought the option of being able to play "selfishly" was exposed to be a thing in this game, and one option that was actually advertised. Ofc we all hate that meg that sits in the locker or the claudette that hides in that bush, but If I recall that was exposed to be an option in regards to a pathway of escape.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

They shouldn't and aren't being punished because it's fair.

No one cares about fair here, though.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

Yeah it makes it fair for the last survivor because it means an easy escape for the survivor. What about being fair for the killer?

If you're the last survivor left and the killer closes the hatch with no doors open, that means that survivors have:

Failed to stay alive.

Failed to do the gens.

Failed to find the hatch before killer.

At what point do we stop giving survivors extra chances to escape? Also, people need to stop complaining about the exit gate spawns and try to mind game the killer some. I've escaped plenty of Nurse and Billy uses by just outsmarting them when the doors are too close. Let me just give a couple of tips. First, you can open the door maybe 1/6 of the way or so before a light comes on alerting the killer that someone is opening that door. Hide, wait for the killer to check the door and leave, then open it for like 3 seconds then hide again. The killer will return, it will look untouched, and they will go to the other door. This buys you a few seconds when the killer returns and those seconds are the difference between life and death. Two, hide and wait for a killer to leave. Open the door enough that the first light comes on, then walk away hiding from the killer, towards the other door. 99% of killers will be so worried about leaving that door that is already lit up, you can easily go to the other door and open it.

Instead of bellyaching about how unfair it is, just try harder. Also, the next time you spawn, take three steps and see the Ruin totem, remember that killers deal with bad RNG spawn too.

• GΣVΛЦDΛП

Those were just half baked solutions as examples, nothing more. evading a killer for quite a while when assuming a lot of pallets are gone, then having to go to a gate isn't as easy as it seems anyway.

Intended doesn't mean it is what it should be.

• GΣVΛЦDΛП
    edited July 2019

(Missclick on early post)

The survivor isn't in control, and is forced with a fake dichotomy. They don't even have a 50/50 chance of escaping as the killer can choose what gate to go to. and none of this even adresses issues like gate spawns.

• GΣVΛЦDΛП

I have only been referring to when there is only 1 last survivor and EGC is trigged by hatch being closed.

• GΣVΛЦDΛП

I have only been referring to the EGC being triggered by hatch when there is only 1 survivor.

I have no issues with EGC when there is more than 1 survivor.

the last survivor, yet again has factors in regards to even if they can even reach a gate if they power it, let alone open it. hatch spawn, gate placement, gen positioning, all affects this, and more often than not the survivor is not in a position to do more than 1 gen anyway. you are failing to take this into account.

And lets be honest, it does not really mean the killer has "killed" other 3 people. DCs occur way more often then they should ruining the teams chances of winning at that point alone. Suicides occur resulting in the same manner, people go afk, or ranks just mess everything up. There a lot more factors at play than the very simplified outcomes you are giving.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

What I absolutely hate about the hatch activated EGC is that it activates NOED... Surely that shouldnt be a thing?

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

Just have it when end game happens that the door lights on both sides are either already powered or not powered (door progress would stay the same). Having the killer take a few more steps tp actually find a survivor as opposed to just seeing a door light powered up would at least gives survivors an extra second or two. It also gives them some mind game potential as well.

As it is now, it's just too stacked for the killer. I usually just try to get a few more bold points if the doors are too close together.

• Anvil
    Anvil Member Posts: 39

EGC should be a problem for a single survivor; bring or find a key. However, I've run into other issues:

Finding the hatch after a gate is open, hoping/needing to use it to escape and the second to last survivor waiting until the last second to leave so the last survivor dies before the hatch actually opens (there is a delay of a few seconds). Now survivors are being toxic to other survivors...great; some people just want to be toxic however they can.

Two survivors are left but the gates are so close, they had no chance to open them without being caught and actually died to the timer. I think someone must have used a key and the killer closed the hatch after. I'm not sure how else this could occur.

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636

The OP has failed to support the central assertion; that EGC by hatch-close favours the killer.

I have tried finding maps where it is even possible for it to favour the killer due to the position of the gates; whether they are in close-proximity(so any killer can guard both effectively) or without gauranteed obstruction by level geometry and/or tiles(where Billy can zoom between them rapidly).

There are 7 such such maps, out of 22, where this is even possible. Even then, the gates only have a probability of spawning in a position unfavourable to survivors. Every time I ask someone claiming EGC is unfair on survivors to state what maps they are having issue with, they either ignore me or demand I simply accept their word without any specifics.

Please change that.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,225

Even if your assumption is true, how is that a problem? Why should the last survivor have a good chance of escaping? It's co-op mode and 3 other teammates died

• KaoMinerva
    KaoMinerva Member Posts: 451

That's not even a problem. It's RNG just like when a totem spawns in your face. EGC is fine

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

survivor finds the hatch first: free escape

killer finds it first: almost guaranteed kill

look at it from this perspective. the mechanic actually favours survivors by giving them another second chance to escape, after the first one has been disabled.

you should be thankful that there even is a secondary chance for you in the first place. killers dont get that! if the survivor finds the hatch, the match is over. if the killer finds the hatch, the survivor can still take the gates.

yes thats harder than just pressing M1 and immediately escaping, but hey, its possible.

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Seems you didn't understand EGC at all. The whole point of it is to prevent hatch stand-offs and hostage situations which it actually does.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

I'm a solo survivor.

EGC is fine.

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669
    edited July 2019

Just rework Left Behind to where solution 4 occurs when you become the last survivor remaining. A chest with a key spawns somewhere on the map. You still have to find it as well as find the hatch (unless you find the hatch first and don’t even need the key, obviously), so this is by no means a free escape.

@Peanits what about something like that? Again, the chest does not spawn until that survivor is left behind. So they wouldn’t be able to find the chest earlier in the game.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
    edited July 2019

I just noticed the OP edit...

DIS FORUM IZ KILLER BIAZ BC U NO LIKE MY IDEAS T_T

takes baseball and goes home

Go ahead and post THE EXACT SAME thread on Reddit or discuss it in the Discord and see what people say...

Hint - You won't like it