Ghostface is a frustrating Killer

DaS_only
DaS_only Member Posts: 656
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

Basically the whole mechanic of revealing is really frustating. As Killer I get easily revealed while they hide behind stuff and as survivor I can literally stand directly in front of him + camera in the center to him for 3+ seconds and he doesn't get revealed. I have a feeling that the revealing stuff is bugged, honestly.

Post edited by DaS_only on

Comments

• DaS_only

Any statement from the devs or mods? @Peanits

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

We're still keeping an eye on him and seeing how we can make adjustments to make it feel better for both sides, but there is nothing planned at the moment.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I think the fact that he was released in this state shows that the devs are still under too much pressure to pump out content from the higher ups. They should have done 3 chapters this year and allowed for a period of 3 months that just included fixes and balance changes. Even though Ghostface was only a killer.. they also did Ash right before him and essentially created a new killer in Freddy right after.

• Kenshin
    Kenshin Member Posts: 912

sadly he got nerfed into the ground shortly after release. so unfun how most of the time you cant even use his power. after the freddy rework he, trapper and the doc gonna be the worst killers.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,999

Ever considered that maybe YOU are the problem? Official game stats had him competing nearly as well as the Nurse at R1, so evidently many GFs aren't struggling as hard as you are... if you've even actually tried playing since he was tweaked. Who knows, since you were definitely already declaring him unplayable before you, well, actually tried playing him again.

• Ghostingmyteammates
    Ghostingmyteammates Member Posts: 216

Translation : We will nerf him so survivors will no longer feel any fustrations when playing against ghostface and have easier time escaping from him.

Im sorry for posting this but from the recent patches, this is the feeling im getting from you guys.

• Th3Nightmare
    Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,266

Do you want more counterplay? Do you want that when you look at the other side of the map you take away the power? Do you want the gens to repair themselves? Do you want that automatically when the game starts, the killers die automatically?

You want everything easy and it should not be like that, put on "Object of Obsession" and learn to play. Sufficient counterplay has that killer so that it nerf it even more.

• FredKrueger
    FredKrueger Member Posts: 265

💯This, right here. Don't forget through the wood walls too. That really bugged me with Myers, but really sucks for GF.

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392

last time i played against him he was literally above the hills right in front of me and it didn't revealed him, i was just behind a tile in pale rose looking at him

• DaS_only

I think you have some serious issues mate. Get yourself checked by a professional, I can't and don't want to discuss with you.

• Kiskashi
    Kiskashi Member Posts: 1,043

I’m still learning him too I agree 100% and I admit he’s unlike any other killer I play (and I’ve played them all) in that I know 90% of matches are going to be stressful regardless of rank, leaning is definitely the best option but on vastly open maps against SWF groups... I have to play the sweatiest I’ve ever played and it’s not even red ranks yet (mostly green/purple)

I’ve gone up against one red rank and purple rank (rest were green as a green killer) in the same match and I had to really play on their mistakes hard for the 4K by exploiting their over altruism after getting a few gen exposes early. It is possible to 4K even against SWF and good survivors but it throws the usefulness of the power in the heat of the match at those last few gens when you need it and do you really have a useful power when one to two last gens are getting rushed? Do you really have time to carefully sneak and lean or wait for the power to recharge? I don’t have ruin or PGTW on him yet (nice RNG) but I’m definitely going to be running ruin, PGTW, haunted grounds and possibly discordance when I get them...

Long story short he is capable, it is definitely possible to get kills, some matches I can get 6+ exposed marks (mostly leaning near gens or getting the high ground/vantage points because who actually looks up) and other matches I’m almost at the state of panicking and start to play really sweaty by accident/due to the pressure (usually SWF groups)

Maybe it’s because I’m still learning (but compared to easy 4K as bubba or spirit at the same rank/match time of learning...) He’s just the most stressful killer I’ve ever played (btw never felt like I needed ruin before up until high purple ranks but on ghostface, counting the bloodwebs until I get it...) I didn’t even get this stressed back when I played wraith at high purple/red ranks as a relatively new killer...4ks as ghostface feel kinda mixed, it’s like okay I did it, nice, but I think I nearly had a heart failure from juggling gens and survivors while trying to use my “power”.

• theArashi
    theArashi Member Posts: 998

You can reveal through gens but not stalk.

You can reveal through corn but not stalk.

You sometimes can't reveal through grass but it blocks your vision almost completely so stalk is technically possible.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

he is a combination of the worst parts of pig and Michael myers, the nerfs were big especially increasing the revealing size for survivors to make it even easier for him to get broken out, he is pretty much D teir JUST BARELY above old freddy

• F5arTheB5ard
    F5arTheB5ard Member Posts: 118

You must not be too good at killer. Well maybe your good at killer, your just not good with ghost face. You have to adapt a totally new playstyle that relies around stealth and gen patrolling.

Ruin PGTW, discordance, and surveillance work great. Try that build and if you cant make that work just go back to Billy lol

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@Peanits

Can you remove the survivor hitbox? It's very ironic that my own character blocks me from revealing Ghostface. :(

• MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky
    MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky Member Posts: 571
    edited July 2019

More Proper translation: Yet we had plans to change(Nerf) him right when he went live with our "Information"

Oh yeah you do take our feedbacks, its how you execute it is the problem and how you add and take things away that we didn't even ask for

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142
    edited July 2019

I'm sitting here scratching my head. Some people claim they can't reveal him as a survivor, and yet get revealed near instantly when playing him as a killer.

The two don't make sense together when taken as a statement made by a single person (as has been made repeatedly). I'd have to wonder if the issue isn't somewhere between the keyboard/controller and the chair.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

From my experience as a survivor, GF has no problem exposing survivors.

• Kukuruzaii
    Kukuruzaii Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2019

People who complain about being unable to reveal ghostface are trying to do it at such a close range, and need to learn that sometimes it just won't work when you're that close. Even with his detection range addons, you don't need to be up in his grill from what I've noticed. I play as him, and I play against him quite regularly.

I believe people just need to adjust their play styles and stop doing the same thing over and over again that's getting them killed/not getting kills, and then complaining on here that things are OP or underpowered.

In my opinion, he's perfectly fine the way he is.

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911

i've both revealed him and been exposed by him through walls and objects

revealing him out in the open is extremely inconsistent

i feel like bhvr overestimated themselves when they released this killer because he absolutely is not working as intended

• DaS_only

Exactly the case for me. Clean view, center of my screen = not revealed. But behind cover where it shouldn't work he's revealed immediately. Hell, sometimes im not even trying to reveal him so I won't give out my position but it happens anyway. Very inconsistent.