Where did all The Nurse hate come from?

Options
YamiTheFurry
YamiTheFurry Member Posts: 229
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

For the longest time The Nurse has been the same. But lately I've seen several posts wanting Nurse nerfed, reworked, stripped of her add-ons etc... And personally I love The Nurse she is one of the most unique killers in the game and Im curious where all the hate for her is coming from suddenly. Balance wise she has always been the strongest because she is able to disable mechanics given to the surviors. Should this change? Im not sure personally I don't like her add ons, and Im not too opposed to her getting reworked curious as what they'd do. But keep this in mind if she isn't nearly as good anymore there will be much backlash and not only that high ranks will have just one killer you see over and over and over until they are able to balance it and its....Spirit and people already complain about her because they don't like mindgames.

Comments

• KillermainBTWm8
    KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options
  • Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited July 2019
    Options

Because she happens to be diametrically opposed to their toxic and abusive playstyle.

Post edited by Acromio on
  • noneofyourbusiness
    noneofyourbusiness Member Posts: 532
    Options

But to be honest, the developers just want her to be as strong as she is now, if they were not, she would get a nerf after 2 weeks like old freddy, just deal with it, even devs want to have op killer

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Where did all The Nurse hate come from?

She's an actual killer at rank 1, and not a toy for SWF to poke fun of or push around.

• DBDbuildsYT
    DBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042
    Options

Because survivors just want to loop and reject anything which breaks their looping toy

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    Options

The hate has always been there. It just gets more or less attention depending on whatever fire is burning hottest right now - usually the newest killer.

• heavendog
    heavendog Member Posts: 35
    Options

An interesting thing to me (this is kinda off topic) is that I see no one complain about clown and his gas. Personally I can't counter him and I die every time I go against him, unless they literally don't know how to use their gas. Imo I've found playing against clown harder than nurse in some cases, unless the nurse has a lot of skill, then I'm dead.

• Skycerer
    Skycerer Member Posts: 183
    Options

Except the main escape mechanic, HIDE MAN, HIIIDEEE

• The_Trapper
    The_Trapper Member Posts: 186
    Options

Since Legion got nerfed, survivors moved onto the next thing they could whine about.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

Some survivors are "pissed" from everything a killer can do. If a killer is not loobable, they cry without end.

They startet with the Legion and who knows where this will end, besides a game that is then for survivors and killers boring.

Luckily not every survivor is like this.

PS: #makethelegiongreatagain please :P

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
  • ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Because she is the only killer that can consistently put up a fight to coordinated SWF-squads.

Survivors dont want to put effort into their escape, but prefer to ######### around during matches.

• vampire_toothy
    vampire_toothy Member Posts: 381
    edited July 2019
    Options

Nothing changed about Nurse as you said (well, apart from being able to blink up/down), but what did change was the game around her.

Nurse is crazy in the sense that she is very strong in chases and in pressuring the map due to her high mobility which used to be fine considering how different the game was if we compared 2016 or 2017 to where we are now. So what changed in that time?

Well, since the earlier days of the game we've seen that a lot of the maps have been improved with the main problems just primarily being problematic main structures and the lack of ability for basic M1 killers to apply pressure. Since that time has passed, Hag received some solid buffs that made her completely viable, we got Spirit and we've always had Billy (although the map changes did help him perform better than he used to IMO).

On the same note, the same thing can be noticed with Huntress where she didn't change much but the game around her did and made her worse as a result when each of the newer maps don't really allow her to do well and the maps that used to be good for her now have way more objects and LoS breakers on them.

Basically, the state of the game is what changed and as a result more people don't think the current Nurse is justified.

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    Options

1-If that is so, why I have read to that time many Legion mains, killers in general and also survivors who have defend the Legion?

2-I don't give a damn what a content creator aka. streamer says to nerfs and the reason is simpel: Those guys are forced to do what their audience like to hear. If their audience is crying about the Legion, or also like in this thread about the Nurse, they also start crying killer X.

Also it had come to my ears, that some of them have encourage their audiences to dc against the Legion and I have zero tolerance... really ZERO tolerance, for every toxic behavior on level what dcing is.

In my opinion, they should have been banned. But the devs haven't done this, and so today dbd suffers under a dc plague. That happens when you support toxic people... Always! And that is also why, you should never support them. Instead you should ban them to hell.

3-Nobody had ever say that moonwalking was fair, or the overpowered addons, or also the other exploit. But to nerf a killer because of those problems, like they have did it with the Legion was wrong. Also it is was wrong to punish the honest playing Legion's (like me) for something that had a few exploiters do.

4-It is easy to think that survivors have ruined the Legion because a small but very vocal hater minority of the survivors have lead the nerf discussions and push that topic until the devs have give up (I assume). Also, at the moment at it was clear that the Legion patch would coming, the same haters have celebrate their "victory", also very vocal, in at least the steam forums.

Then they have shift over to nerf threads for the Nurse and the Spirit in the most cases.

Those guys have their agenda and she implied, that every killer that could possible a threat to their tbaging behavior in the matches, must be nerfed.

I also think that the nurse is pretty strong. Maybe with some addons op... But!... I think also that she is very important for dbd. She is one of the last killers, that make the survivors doing objectives and playing the game as it is thought.

With possible nerfs of other killers on the horizon, a killer like the Nurse gets more and more important for the game.

• shmoul
    shmoul Member Posts: 97
    edited July 2019
    Options

I love how many ignorant people are here saying that "hur dur just adapt lmao git gud" "they never learned to play against her because they dcd, hur dur" For one, I never dc against anyone, I've got 1,5k hours so I have had tons of games to practice, but she is just absurdly powerful. Secondly, if you think a kill rate of 77% is fine for a killer at the highest ranks and that dozens of players with thousands of hours out of laziness "never bothered" to try to adapt or change tactics against her you are just incredibly ignorant.

• shmoul
    shmoul Member Posts: 97
    Options

Well, I've experienced the power of nurse first hand on high ranks on both sides so I do know for a fact that she is too powerful. Don't even get me started on the bugged add ons.

• OpenYoureyes
    OpenYoureyes Member Posts: 111
    Options

Nobody with a brain hate nurse.

Nurse is perfect: impossible for baby killers and lethal for experienced one.

As a surv i punish baby nurses and respect the (very few these days) nurse masters.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    Options

The Nurse has been hated since the beginning, it's just that most of the time the community is distracted by something else but every once in a while the focus returns on her.

• noneofyourbusiness
    Options

Bc survivor don't want to git gud

• miaasma
    miaasma Member Posts: 911
    edited July 2019
    Options
  • noneofyourbusiness
    Options

if the nurse is balanced, you do not have to worry, the developers will not do anything to her then, have a good day.

• Fictionalname
    Fictionalname Member Posts: 121
    Options

The usual noobs who doesn't know how to break los lmao

• ArecBalrin
    ArecBalrin Member Posts: 636
    Options

She doesn't ignore 'all survivor escape mechanics' as others say: she ignores just the mechanics which survivors have developed tunnel-vision over. These are mechanics which she was explicitly designed to counter, because the devs wanted to discourage survivors from over-reliance on them but to diversify their playstyles.

Only later did the devs then start treating the exploits survivors were using as core game mechanics. They could not get away with touching the Nurse again though because they had already given her the single largest set of nerfs to any character, just shortly after release, without listening to killer feedback or explaining their reasoning; something they would go on to do repeatedly with new killers and features before peaking with Freddy's knee-jerk nerfing.

After her initial nerfing, the Nurse was the weakest killer in the game. Since then, only two things have changed that are relevent: Nurse-mains developed the way of playing her which we know of now and survivors forgot how to play against her, which would still work because whilst the newer-style capitalises on her strengths(requiring a higher skill-ceiling to be reached), her weaknesses remain the same.

In fact, the graphics engine overhaul that happened in early 2017 borked the PoV camera for all killers and would have made Nurse even harder to play. The devs have no intention of ever fixing it BTW and said so.

• suffering23
    suffering23 Member Posts: 230
    Options

she had 3 blinks at launch and for a long time, i don'T complain on 3 blinks, since that's how she was before