D-Strike into an item? Overcharge baked into standard (Balancing idea)

Is it possible to turn D-strike into an item instead of a perk? Or make DS, in general, only affect the killer once?

Also I love the perk Overcharge, but it's the kind of perk that might be better simply baked into the game. Regressing generators have a skill check to start progression.

Just ideas....

Comments

• Allivan
    Allivan Member Posts: 8

Maybe even better, make Decisive Strike into a perk that lets the first time you loot a chest give you a guaranteed glass shard. This would require people to find a chest to actually loot, and if more than one or two people run it, you'll end up wasting a perk slot. (because you can't find a chest that isn't looted yet)

Also, you won't have to make it an obsession perk but more along the lines of Pharmacy. This way killers won't know who would actually have a shard or not as the match goes on.

• ThePeeje
    ThePeeje Member Posts: 70

Great ideas!

Sounds like more reason to lobby dodge. but at least then DS has some hard counters. and it requires time/effort to find a chest to get the shard. and it means varying levels of DS. Such a great idea.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited May 2018

Making DS into an item could work pretty well.

I'm all for Overcharge (with a tier 3 skillcheck) being part of the Killer's base kit, but what would Doctor's new third teachable be?

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

@SnakeSound222 said:
    Making DS into an item could work pretty well.

I'm all for Overcharge (with a tier 3 skillcheck) being part of the Killer's base kit, but what would Doctor's new third teachable be?

back to back skill check?

• TheSkreechingDeath
    TheSkreechingDeath Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2018

An interesting idea I came up with (In my opinion at least) was make it so that when the killer carries a survivor through a pallet, said survivor has a chance to pull it over onto the killer getting a chance to run. It would be a game-play feature instead of a perk. I'm not sure how practical it would be.

• Mike_Karman
    Mike_Karman Member Posts: 28

@Allivan said:
    [...] make Decisive Strike into a perk that lets the first time you loot a chest give you a guaranteed glass shard. [...]

That idea is so awesome! I love it!