MAYBE a good decisive strike rework (doubt it)?

Options

An interesting idea I came up with (In my opinion at least) was make it so that when the killer carries a survivor through a pallet, said survivor has a chance to pull it over onto the killer getting a chance to run. It would be a game-play feature instead of a perk. I'm not sure how practical it would be.

Comments

• MeowLux
    MeowLux Member Posts: 80
    Options

The current perk idea is fine, but it does need a major nerf to make it not a free escape. The problem with your suggestion is that lag would most certainly break this perk. For the killer you're outside the pallet, but for you, you are inside the pallet, so when you drop the pallet down you'd think it will stun the killer, but instead he will just teleport slightly to the spot where he actually is. It'd be a cool idea, but I don't think it would work right now atleast.

• MrDrakanator
    MrDrakanator Member Posts: 47
    Options

Even though Decisive Strike is pretty strong, I think this re-work would do 2 things. 1. The perk would become insanely weak because a killer can just avoid going through pallets, granted this could cost the killer some time to allow you to wiggle free, but most of the time it wouldn't be enough to make the difference, and the killer could run agitation or iron grasp to help deal with this. 2. The mechanic gets abused by way of a survivor ensuring that they get downed at the pallet, so if the survivor just sits there under a pallet, the killer will know what the survivor's plan is which would create a lot of awkward situations.

• TheSkreechingDeath
    TheSkreechingDeath Member Posts: 36
    Options

@MeowLux said:
    The current perk idea is fine, but it does need a major nerf to make it not a free escape. The problem with your suggestion is that lag would most certainly break this perk. For the killer you're outside the pallet, but for you, you are inside the pallet, so when you drop the pallet down you'd think it will stun the killer, but instead he will just teleport slightly to the spot where he actually is. It'd be a cool idea, but I don't think it would work right now atleast.

You might be right.

• TheSkreechingDeath
    TheSkreechingDeath Member Posts: 36
    Options

@MrDrakanator said:
    Even though Decisive Strike is pretty strong, I think this re-work would do 2 things. 1. The perk would become insanely weak because a killer can just avoid going through pallets, granted this could cost the killer some time to allow you to wiggle free, but most of the time it wouldn't be enough to make the difference, and the killer could run agitation or iron grasp to help deal with this. 2. The mechanic gets abused by way of a survivor ensuring that they get downed at the pallet, so if the survivor just sits there under a pallet, the killer will know what the survivor's plan is which would create a lot of awkward situations.

Ahh, yes I hadn't thought of that. Good point.