Ideas for Alternative Self-Care Change

Options

I feel that losing all self-care progress after stopping once may cause some anger in the community. I wouldn't really be angry, as I don't use self-care very much to begin with, but there are people in both high and low ranks that could get mad. So I figured I would share a couple of my ideas, just in case people do get mad OR if you change your mind.

Idea 1: You lose all of your healing progress when INITIATING the self-care, and you lose half of your progress when stopping.

This means that if you have for example, 80% healing progress from someone else when you start self-caring, it drops back down to 0. And if you get back up to 80% from self-care, stopping afterwards, it drops to 40%.

The purpose of this change would be to allow someone to self-care at 0% just fine, but if they have to stop before finishing the heal, they have a somewhat difficult choice to make. They can either restart their heal from 0% or they can find a survivor to finish healing them.

Idea 2: Self-Care allows you to heal to a certain percentage, but requires healing from someone else to finish it.

With this idea, Self-Care kind of turns into the situation you have when on the ground: You can self-recover, but you can't fully recover without a perk. In this case, it'd be a Med-Kit allowing you to fully self-heal.

Without a Med-Kit, you could self-heal up to 30%/40%/50% of the progression, with 30% at Rank 1, 40% at Rank 2, and 50% at Rank 3. If you wanted, the med-kit self-heal efficiency can be removed in this idea. You could also change the numbers from 30%/40%/50%, but I just figured I'd use those as placeholder numbers.

As for the healing speed reduction, I'd be fine with it staying in both of these ideas.

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited July 2018
    Options

Second idea should be called “guide on how o kill a perk to Deja vu levels” and first one would piss even more people off than the current idea. Just keep current idea, make the decay take 5 seconds to happen so a teammate can begin healing (we don’t want to discourage altruism, the nerf was so SC didn’t get used in chases.) and nerf to 40% speed. Done, perk is now much more balanced

Post edited by Jack11803 on
  • Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Options
    ^^^
  • [Deleted User]
    Options

Or give it limited uses.The suggestion is very old and been suggested many many times.

• PyroGL
    PyroGL Member Posts: 239
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has suggested this kind of Nerf to SC, but I figure it can't hurt to throw it out there.

Self-Care: Each time you complete a heal on yourself, gain a token.  For each token, decrease Self-Care Care's healing speed by an additional 10%. Max 5 stacks.

Since self care starts at 50% normal speed, after 5 heals it would cease to work at all (and the last two heals would take a very long time unassisted by a med kit or another person).  Obviously, numbers can be adjusted.

EDIT

To elaborate further, i'd invision you could still self heal, and then finish the heal with a med kit or by finding someone else and not gain a token.  This would mean flashlight and toolbox users would need to eventually be forced to find help to heal, or search out chests for a crappy med kit (ie. waste tons of time).

Post edited by PyroGL on
  • Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@MrChills said:
    Or give it limited uses.The suggestion is very old and been suggested many many times.

Simple charges that get consumed every time you finish healing yourself.

• RailY
    RailY Member Posts: 53
    edited July 2018
    Options

Please don't become a Game developer ever.
    People have already stopped using self care. if you "scorpion fatality" the poor thing,
    no one will use it, and is this really the point?

• [Deleted User]
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@MrChills said:

yup.

• Wolf74
    Options

@RailY said:
    Please don't become a Game developer ever.
    People have already stopped using self care. if you "scorpion fatality" the poor thing,
    no one will use it, and is this really the point?

Are you kidding me?
    Do you have any access to stats that we other d o not have?
    I haven't noticed a decrease in use of Self Care.
    You make this up.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708
    edited July 2018
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@MrChills said:

Could be avoided by healing last few percentages with a medikit, to not trigger said charges to be depleted from SC.

However if you want to go that way.
    Make SC literally just a itemless medikit, where it literally just has charges in it that allows you to heal for 3 full heals or so.
    TBH, 3 full heals is quite a lot, if you need to heal that much by yourself each game, you should reconsider the way you play.

• Ledol
    Ledol Member Posts: 2
    Options

Well, I guess if my idea is this bad then I might as well just have not even bothered. Only put this idea out here because of the fact that some people I know suggested I do so. I already knew I was just a complete idiot that knows nothing of game development, and now I know that I'm a complete idiot that knows nothing of game balance as well.

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited July 2018
    Options

Yeah it's a pretty horrible idea, even worst than the Devs sadly. This would upset the balance and would make a lot of people angry, it's overkill and not needed

2nd idea is also bad, solo players this is never possible, this would really destroy Survivors population

@Jack11803 said:
    Second idea should be called “guide on how o kill a perk to Deja vu levels” and first one would piss even more people off than the current idea. Just keep current idea, make the decay take 5 seconds to happen so a teammate can begin healing (we don’t want to discourage altruism, the nerf was so SC didn’t get used in chases.) and nerf to 40% speed. Done, perk is now much more balanced

I also think the Dev's current plans on nerfing SC sounds a bit too much, your idea honestly sounds much better

• Wolf74
    Options

@PureHostility said:

@Wolf74 said:

@MrChills said:

Could be avoided by healing last few percentages with a medikit, to not trigger said charges to be depleted from SC.

Make SC literally just a itemless medikit, where it literally just has charges in it that allows you to heal for 3 full heals or so.
    TBH, 3 full heals is quite a lot, if you need to heal that much by yourself each game, you should reconsider the way you play.

I know… but at least he would need to use a medkit in conjunction with the perk, just to save the charges. Right now the survivor don't even bother to run a medkit along SC, instead they run flashlights and toolboxes.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@PureHostility said:

@Wolf74 said:

@MrChills said:

I know… but at least he would need to use a medkit in conjunction with the perk, just to save the charges. Right now the survivor don't even bother to run a medkit along SC, instead they run flashlights and toolboxes.

Yeah. That’s the point.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

I run medkits all the time, ez heal in the middle of a chase and the killer gets salty.