Are grabs bugged?

Options
rayoxium
rayoxium Member Posts: 112

Today I wanted to work on getting my achievements, which includes the grab survivors on gens achievement. I played spirit with prayer beads and every time I would go for the grab, it would play the beginning animation of my grab but then it would cancel and count as a normal hit. Even when I try to grab when I'm pig coming out of stealth.

I've tried different methods of grabs too, like waiting a second after coming out of haunting versus doing it immediately. It just won't work for me, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Comments

• NullSp3c
    NullSp3c Member Posts: 765
    Options

It happens to me a lot too and I THINK that it is a bug. It happens to me even on the unhooker sometimes. It is a very important mechanic and making it work would be very appreciated. Strangely, I don't have any problems grabbing survivors when they vault.

• rayoxium
    rayoxium Member Posts: 112
    Options

That's nice to know, I thought I've been doing it wrong and am getting very frustrated. On nurse its the worst. If she blinks into a "grab," it'll force the blood wipe animation and the fatigue after that it's awful

• prettyf
    prettyf Member Posts: 442
    Options

for ms this always happend when survivors cancel their actions faster than my grab but cause of pingrate it didn't just showed me that very short of time,

but doctor rapid m1 grab could be bugged

• purebalance7
    purebalance7 Member Posts: 90
    Options

I've gotten stuck in the animation permanently as doctor so many times

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    Options

Isn't it just latency? You go for the grab but the survivor reacts to it before you actually get the grab and their action of letting go of the generator overrides your grab.

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    Options

Grabs been bugged for like a past year. One day they get fixed, one day...

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    Options

Like people said, grabs are and were bugged. I had multiple instances of grab animation going into hit animation because reasons. Don't let it get to you just keep trying.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

Yes and No? Idk i had succesfull 4 grabs as GF yesterday

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    edited July 2019
    Options

@Peanits that isn't exactly true. I have had times were it would do the grab and just not do anything. If the grab was on the killer's side but not on the survivor's end it should at least determine that if the swing had occurred not the pull it would be an instant hit. I have had it where they just walk away from it uninjured. However, if you are pulled on the killer's side with latency the survivor didn't get off in time.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

yes, seems so, this happens to all of us. I get the animation of a grab then bam it doesnt grab. I am on fiber and never experience anything else that can be attributed to lag or latency. The grab bug seems to be the only thing, so not sure if it is on my end as killer.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

it certainly feels bugged when you halfway pull someone off a gen then it changes to a smack.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    Options

The reason I say its a bug and not latency on my end is because you can not experience anything else in the match that is lag or latency, but the grab will be. Rest of the match, every hit, every chase is fine, yet the grab wasnt?

• PolarBear
    Options

Dog, you can't say something isn't true when a community manager says it is. It is exactly latency. If the grab fails you instead hit and it may or may not hit the survivor. For the grab to be successful the survivor still has to be on the gen on their client when the grab occurs.

• Jdsgames
    edited July 2019
    Options

@PolarBear dog do you know how many bugs have occurred in this game were it would seem natural to find out it was defective later? Or for any programming for that matter. I simply gave a case it doesn't work as intended and I am saying it definitely seems off from what they described. He says it would change to a hit, however, I rarely see this occur. I generally get the stuck hand at a grab and everything will just cancel. Therefore dog just because it sounds legit doesn't mean it isn't defective. By the logic instead of the grab it should have just quick swung or at least guaranteed damage. The fact that it freezes and doesn't perform the hit or do damage is just invalid.

• Spaceman94
    Spaceman94 Member Posts: 164
    Options

In my experience it's definitely a bug and not latency.

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,141
    edited July 2019
    Options

@PolarBear Sure you can, they aren't infallible. Hell, I've proven them wrong about game issue in other games over my life time.

Just here on these forums, when the Legion changes were announced, Peanits came here and stated that a missed swing does NOT deplete his power bar. Hmmmm, seems that wasn't true, and the Community Manager stated that it was.

• PolarBear
    Options

@Kilmeran Yeah I do remember that as well.

@Jdsgames Sorry for being so hostile. Whenever this does happen to me, it always does a swing for me. I've never had it just completely cancel all actions so I can't confirm or deny anything :/

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772
    Options

It's sometimes very bugged. I got grabs where they actually pulled them almost to the point of getting put on shoulders and then they got of. I've a low ping, high up/down wired connection. It's not my end and don't think it's on the players end either. The game is just buggy by a lot

• Jdsgames
    Options

@PolarBear we cool. The dog part just seemed rude. Hence me using the word LOL

• DaS_only
    DaS_only Member Posts: 656
    Options

@Peanits but that doesn't make sense for me for 2 reason:

1) as killer I'm the host, so l couldn't care less about lateny in that case

2) it was never an issue before the spirit update. Since spirit u get so often robbed by the game denying you grab, it's really frustating. And with Nurse u get double fatigue. Never an issue before, but since spirit it is. So I think the devs made some changes in the code regarding this, or its just simply a bug

• Guertena
    Guertena Member Posts: 392
    Options

it's not a bug, the survivor just left the action in the same time you press the button, causing on a "grab/hit" action, but just count as a hit. the easy way of getting this achievement is playing michael, amanda or danny

michael: stay at level 1 with monitor & abuse and any mirror add-on, just grab and jumpscare someone

amanda: you'll have no terror radius for some seconds if you get up, so go behind someone doing a gen, get off the crouch mode and grab him

danny: just active the skill and go behind someone doing a gen and grab him off

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

How exactly does that work when the killer is the host? They are not supposed to have any latency....