The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you think the Clown should stay as powerful as he is?

in high ranks, he is basically a middle finger to the survivors and almost seems that HE controls the outcome of the game, not the survivors

Comments

• Mechkiller3425
    Mechkiller3425 Member Posts: 55
    in high ranks, he is basically a middle finger to the survivors and almost seems that HE controls the outcome of the game, not the survivors
    Thats honestly the way the game should be played, Survivors should be scared of the Killers, Not the way around, Give Killers a reason to not camp and tunnel ( AKA Aura Reading Perks) And survivors advantages that make it harder for killers to catch them in chases
  • GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    @Victor_hensley yeah I agree 100%, but it seems too odd that he is the only killer that does it, that may be why it feels weird. Maybe they’ll change it for the others as well
  • akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

Clown is in the same level as Doc but as a different playstyle he's more fair to play against than nurse imo.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Mechkiller3425 said:
    GT_Legend2 said:

Thats honestly the way the game should be played, Survivors should be scared of the Killers, Not the way around, Give Killers a reason to not camp and tunnel ( AKA Aura Reading Perks) And survivors advantages that make it harder for killers to catch them in chases

No. There needs to be more power to killer, but stealth also needs a buff, no more aura crap. Nerf chase, buff stealth for survivors.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@Jack11803 said:

@Mechkiller3425 said:
    GT_Legend2 said:

No. There needs to be more power to killer, but stealth also needs a buff, no more aura crap. Nerf chase, buff stealth for survivors.

Immersed survivors are boring

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    He is fine as he is.
  • The only thing that needs nerf is that thicc ass of his. I think he;s balance. Try stealth?

• only1biggs

@Jack11803 said:

@only1biggs said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mechkiller3425 said:
    GT_Legend2 said:

Pallet looping is boring

I'd rather chase than try to find someone hiding in corners.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@only1biggs said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mechkiller3425 said:
    GT_Legend2 said:

Yeah, but looping, tbagging, running around killer and taunting him with flashes and insulting him at the endgame chat is very entertaining for the both sides. Especially the killer.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

He's powerful?

• Jack11803

@Orion said:
    He's powerful?

Definitiy really powerful. Not OP though.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@GT_Legend2 said:

Why do I never see him though? Also on streams he almost never apeears and if he does, he is not strong at all.
    By the way, the killer is supposed to control the game, but the only killer that is capable of doing so is nurse

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

Clown isn't even THAT powerful.

He has horrible map pressure from lack of any mobility based abilities
    His power is ranged AND arced so it can be hard to hit, and easy to avoid

He's a good killer, but he doesn't break the tradition of survivors having power over him rather than the other way round

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@IronWolf115 said:

He's a good killer, but he doesn't break the tradition of survivors having power over him rather than the other way round

"but he doesn't break the tradition of survivors having power over him rather than the other way round"
    Exactly this is what makes him a bad killer if we are honest

• IronWolf115
    IronWolf115 Member Posts: 672

@Master said:

@IronWolf115 said:

"but he doesn't break the tradition of survivors having power over him rather than the other way round"

Yeah I mean i prefer him to a lot of the other killers in the game but, if i'm being honest, he's not Nurse or Billy so he's not that great to be honest

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@GT_Legend2 said:
    and almost seems that HE controls the outcome of the game, not the survivors

Here's your answer on why he's how he should be.

• DallasStorm
    DallasStorm Member Posts: 6

That is how this game SHOULD be. If survivors want to win, they have to work together, if not, the killer will win. You really think survivors should be in control of the game? HA!

Are you kidding me? He is faster than the Hillbilly and that is just insane! He should not be that fast. And then to add to misery, if he isnt just as powerful with his potion and speed we have the campers and tunneling going on as well. Smh

• only1biggs
    edited July 2018

@RSB said:

@only1biggs said:

@Jack11803 said:

@Mechkiller3425 said:
    GT_Legend2 said:

Yeah, but looping, tbagging, running around killer and taunting him with flashes and insulting him at the endgame chat is very entertaining for the both sides. Especially the killer.

All of what you listed doesn't bother me, sweetie. Anyone able to loop me are probably better, anyone running AROUND ME with flashlights WILL be punished and end game chat is meaningless.

Get better and stop paying attention to people crouching at you.

• OXY
    OXY Member Posts: 68

Clown is fine the way he is.

People who are saying he is OP and needs a nerf don't know how to counter him :wink:

• DallasStorm
    edited July 2018
    Sorry but he should be nerfed. Way too fast and to have his potion slow you to 80% is just ridiculous. Not saying he should walk but let's be realistic about it. He is a large clown that sounds like he needs an inhaler and he can move that damn fast. Yes I read his backstory but after all the years of fiddling with these potions seem to have made him wheeze..put that together with his size and he is going to out run me with Sprint Burst even with no potion thrown? Get real
  • OXY

@DallasStorm said:
    Sorry but he should be nerfed. Way too fast and to have his potion slow you to 80% is just ridiculous. Not saying he should walk but let's be realistic about it. He is a large clown that sounds like he needs an inhaler and he can move that damn fast. Yes I read his backstory but after all the years of fiddling with these potions seem to have made him wheeze..put that together with his size and he is going to out run me with Sprint Burst even with no potion thrown? Get real

Since when was DBD meant to be realistic? :lol:

• DallasStorm
    OXY said:

@DallasStorm said:

Since they have these wonderful back stories on each killer and survivor making them sound like they are or were a real person. 

• Dabrownman1812
    Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857
    The killer should always control the game, the killers used to control the game, but with balancing to old school bnp and moris there's no killer that keeps you on the edge of your seat like that besides very few others. The doc is not very strong, to noobs he is but he slows himself down and as long as a smart survivor does not ######### up at an umsafe small loop the shocks absolutley will not stop a survivor loop. But the clown and the nurse can mid chase cut a survivors path, the huntress can kind of do that. But the accuracy of her hatchets, reduced movement speed and even slower movement speed when winding up, makes her a joke I see at higher ranks back in the day. High rank survivors after the emblem update and 2.0 has been a joke. They fall so quick to a hill billy, can't last 60 seconds (some of them) in a chase. Back in the day, high ranking survivors has to learn to keep a killer for at least a gen or two per chase because you never know if you would make it to the hook due to a mori. There was fear, now there's teabags and survivors being occasionally amused by an ok chase. No, bring back the fear, the clown isn't the easiest to learn just like the nurse or huntress but he's harder than the huntress to learn and easier than nurse but he says ######### your defense. Buff stealth they say, as they did release new stealth perks but it doesn't fit on some people's build that hasn't changed in a year cause they run meta but still want to stealth. Buff stealth as they give dark sense a huge buff to show you the killer to stealth around
     I'm a survivor main though I do play a lot of killer, and survivors are way more powerful than most killers and that's not how thd game is supposed to go. It's supposed to be in the killers favor because it is first and foremost a horror game. Same as the devs said against freddy who was weak and needed a buff which they released a damn there weak one nerf: learn how to face a new killer. Grow some balls. 
  • Dabrownman1812
    Unsafe, I wrote umsafe lol
  • Dabrownman1812
    Master said:

@IronWolf115 said:

Then you haven't gotten the concept of the clown and just isn't good with him. His power has many uses, not just to be lobbed at survivors for a hit. He makes loops and pallets unsafe, it's about thinking ahead kind of like nurse or huntress. Also, that tonic plus enduring kills d strike. He might not have the best map pressure but breaking loops and having tracking tool or assist is very good. As the clown, one can increase the size of the area and throw it close to where survivors can hide, one side of gens, and you can check around the smoke area. During so correctly would make the survivors give up location by coughing, or by leaving cover, or by having no choice but to sprint and leave tracks. There's a lot of thought and strategy that goes into the clown since he has a ranged attack that doesn't harm survivors.
  • Dabrownman1812
    Doing so, not during. I gotta wake up lol
  • OXY

@DallasStorm said:
    OXY said:

@DallasStorm said:

Since they have these wonderful back stories on each killer and survivor making them sound like they are or were a real person. 

Well yeah, the lore has to be convincing enough for it to be a good story. Doesn't mean it has to be realistic. You might as well ask why the Nurse is able to float, or why there is a woman with a pig head running around.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    edited July 2018
    Sorry but all including survivors are unrealistic, if you were hit by a Killer as big as garage wielding an oversized cleaver you wouldn't be running, even less stepping into a bear trap,free yourself after all that running loops and drop from buildings.
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@GT_Legend2 said:

He's good in chase. He still doesn't have nearly the map control he needs to actually stop survivors that actually repair gens, since he's still forced to chase people 1 by 1, or camp people 1 by 1.

• Jack11803

@OXY said:

People who are saying he is OP and needs a nerf don't know how to counter him :wink:

Steath is his counter, which is FOR SOME DUMB REASON catching nerfs left and right. Aura perks, absolutely terrible crouching animations for THE ENTIRE MALE cast, afraid to add black or ending in clothing to ANYONE, just because of Claudette. Solo survivor got outright nerfed

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@DallasStorm said:

Have you ever seen that the Hillbilly doesn't walk normally?
    One of his legs doesn't function as well as it normally should.

By your logic, we'd have to strip the Hillbilly of his Power to sprint entirely and maybe even make him slower than the Nurse to fit his walk animation.

No, YOU get real.

• Dabrownman1812
    Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:

@OXY said:

Steath is his counter, which is FOR SOME DUMB REASON catching nerfs left and right. Aura perks, absolutely terrible crouching animations for THE ENTIRE MALE cast, afraid to add black or ending in clothing to ANYONE, just because of Claudette. Solo survivor got outright nerfed

Not only Stealth. Dynamic juking is his counter. The way is to manage to get to one juking spot to another to force him to waste his bottles, without circling at the same exact one.
    A lot of good survivors can manage to do it efficiently.

Stealth nerf? So the aura reading for perks getting buffed to give info for solo players, and perk rework for stealth perks like lightweight and introduction of dance with me. Are devs really abondoning stealth? Seeing how most killers aren't anti stealth, I don't see stealth as an issue
  • The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

Yes, let's nerf a killer who is maybe the fourth best killer, maybe not even that, and doesn't even see that much play. It's a good thing BHVR is no longer listening to this crap after the Freddy fiasco.

• Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    Isnt that how it’s suppossed to be?
  • Wicked_Django
    Wicked_Django Member Posts: 128
    akbays35 said:

Clown is in the same level as Doc but as a different playstyle he's more fair to play against than nurse imo.

I think hes superior to Doctor. Their abilities have similar effects to countering but the clown is far more mobile and deadly
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@Wicked_Django said:

I think hes superior to Doctor. Their abilities have similar effects to countering but the clown is far more mobile and deadly

Clown has more options to stopping a loop than the Doc, but the Doc has far better map presence and pressure. Clown is hurt by the fact he has very little way to extend his map pressure outside his immediate area unlike the doc.

I put them about the same myself

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Dabrownman1812 said:
    Stealth nerf? So the aura reading for perks getting buffed to give info for solo players, and perk rework for stealth perks like lightweight and introduction of dance with me. Are devs really abondoning stealth? Seeing how most killers aren't anti stealth, I don't see stealth as an issue

Not sure where I stated a Stealth Nerf. But whatever runs your boat mate.
    I Just stated Stealth isn't the only option against clown.

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    People seem to be confused, I am not asking for him to be nerfed. I was just getting the community’s input on him
  • BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

A mid tier killer who's overall pretty 'meh'. Like a lot of the mid tiers, he's got an awesome concept/aesthetic, but just falls flat vs the most common tactics utilized by survivors.

• Dabrownman1812
    Runiver said:

@Jack11803 said:

@OXY said:

Not only Stealth. Dynamic juking is his counter. The way is to manage to get to one juking spot to another to force him to waste his bottles, without circling at the same exact one.
    A lot of good survivors can manage to do it efficiently.

I was adding on to you @Runiver
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    This is comical. If anything, I’d buff him, not nerf. If you think the power is in his hands your just bad.
  • Slap_Chop
    Slap_Chop Member Posts: 25

That is how this game SHOULD be. If survivors want to win, they have to work together, if not, the killer will win. You really think survivors should be in control of the game? HA!

Listening to the survivors share their little ideas and opinions centered around their delusional sense of superiority always makes for a uniquely entertaining experience :chuffed:
  • Slap_Chop
    Slap_Chop Member Posts: 25
    OXY said:

@DallasStorm said:

If you're going to be realistic, just go ahead a out right say it:

He is on the map with survivors so he must be nurfed.

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

Clown is powerful to stop loops, but the game? Nope, any survivour that can hit a great skill check and drop a pallet is still handed the game on a silver platter.

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@DallasStorm said:
    Get real

Survivors can get repeatedly mauled with a chainsaw and be completely fine after a good rub.
    People who have been bludgeoned with a hammer or slashed with a machete can heal their wounds by rubbing themselves. You can have a rusty metal hook shoved through your torso and still move and act flawlessly after being dragged off of said hook. Everyone can romp through beartraps endlessly without breaking their legs, instead they cut their torso. Magical totems require slow and careful defusing when they can clearly be kicked apart. You can lose an endless amount of blood while standing and only actually bleed out on the ground. I could go on but the point should be clear enough. The game's not supposed to be super realistic.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

The Clown has every right to be powerful.

Git gud.