Cheating rank is still possible!

DaS_only
DaS_only Member Posts: 656
edited July 2019 in General Discussions

So I just recently played with friend who is new on DbD. He is rank 17, I'm rank 13. We went into a match with Huntress, she had the hound exclusive mask. One shot, so iri hatches. She completely destroyed the whole team in less than 5 minutes. In the lobby screen it was a full decked Huntress with meta perks (BBQ&C, whispers, ruin, nurses calling) and an ebony mori.

Her rank: 19

After trying another match we versed her again. My friend lost the motivation for today and quitted playing.

BHVR why is this possible? How are low rank newbies supposed to deal with that? I personally could deal with that with a decent group. But newbies? Thats completely unfun and frustating to have smurfers completely destroying newbies.

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Doesn't sound like cheating though.

I know it cause I had it too: Once Survivor got boring to me, I didn't touch the game for a while and rank reset put me at rank 18.

2 weeks after rank reset I finally felt like playing again, so I was up against complete noobs.

• fluffymareep
    fluffymareep Member Posts: 634

Someone I knew a while ago did cheat their ranks. It was when the DC punishment was first announced. They bragged about just cheating to get down to rank 20. They also cheated in items and offerings. I'm sure this is still a thing.

• DaS_only

No I checked his steam profile, he had like 30-ish hours recent DbD activity and nearly no survivor achievements which means he is a killer main hacking his rank.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Not impossible just unlikely. Both BBQ&C, A Nurse's Calling, and Ruin have been in the shrine quite recently. So leveling a Huntress with those teachables and to get Whispers with those addons is not impossible this close to rank reset. You probably just got extremely unlucky.

• Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109

I just bought an Alt recently during the sale. Been leveling it for meme builds and changing my name. Soz it might be possible you faced me LOL.

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582

The howling grounds mask from like 2 years ago means it was an old inactive account

• MysticalMagic92
    MysticalMagic92 Member Posts: 123

@DaS_only

Considering the fact that this Huntress has that mask, means she has been playing for a long time. Her account is quite old. Due to long periods of inactivity, it is possible to go back down to rank 20. This was not a case of rank hacking, which I've never even seen before, but merely somebody who hasn't played in a long time coming back. You got unlucky, sucks, but it happens. Just play the next game, tell your friend to get better and you can't win every single match. Some people are just better.

• ElusivePukka
    ElusivePukka Member Posts: 1,599

Pretty darn sure there's youtube videos of how to cheat in stuff that get updated after every patch, just like in every other game. Speed hacks, aura hacks, cosmetics (even the ones you pay for/Legacy), and items are hackable, and I saw a video recently of a killer using Bond. I don't really understand the mentality for DbD cheaters who post those things, but there you go.

That said, it really just sounds like an account that went dark for a couple resets, and there's some players (especially Youtubers) that deliberately derank.

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 378

Sounds like a Huntress not wanting to deal with good red swfs bullying and would rather bully new ppl to feel good about themselves lol it happens a lot.

• ClogWench
  • Jdsgames

@ClogWench didn't read that part must have missed it. Although, it doesn't make sense having that cosmetic and that low hours. That grind for the mask was god-awful.

• ClogWench

He said 30 hours recent so I'm guessing he dropped it for half a year or so and then picked up back up. OP ran into him 30 hours after he restarted.

• Jdsgames
  • DaS_only

But after 30 hours u ain't gonna be rank 19. U would have already past rank 10

• Jdsgames

Could have been playing survivor or had it afk @DaS_only It is strange though.

• Ark_the_Bonsai
    Ark_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 867

I really like @Orion 's idea of having matchmaking take into account time played. I get it might effect newbies getting matched if we're running low on new players but frankly it sucks when someone like me (Ex Rank 1 surv and Rank 3 killer) comes back at rank 16 consistently because I barely play anymore (Don't have the time or the motivation) and ends up walking all over new players (sometimes I forget how potatoey newbies can be and overkill while trying to let them go without it being too obvious I'm doing so). Part of the problem is also rank reset just being trash in general. It effects people like me who take long breaks fairly often, but there are plenty who abuse it just to bully lower rank players without even having to smurf.

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

The fact that she destroyed you so quickly with an ebony mori and all that I can guarrentee you the killer did NOT rank up after that match. She might have even deranked. If she has hundreds of ebody moris like some people do she could potentially bully lower rank players hundreds of times without ever ranking up. THat's how dumb the ranking system in this game is.

And rank reset makes no sense. Why even have it? What is the point of it? I don't know.