Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Hillbilly should have a cool down for the chainsaw

Is ridiculous he can use the chainsaw any time he pleases and just run all over the map gen to gen or to a hook survivor. And when mix with an add on to charge it faster he don't even need his basic attacks, he can just 1 hit everyone. Make no sense he gets no cool down and other killers do.

Comments

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    edited July 2019

i think the only reason to why he does not have a cooldown (clarification: a legion like cooldown) on his power is, that he got released way before they started creating killers with cooldown abilities.

however, the chainsaw does actually have a short cooldown. if he happens to miss his attack, he will be put into a short time periode where he can not interact with anything and has a reduced movement speed, until the chainsaw recharges (there is a sound clue that tells him the chainsaw is ready again)

adding a cooldows to his power similar to legions or ghostfaces power would probaply kill him. he would certainly not be able to hold his top tier position, leave alone the position as 2nd best killer in the game.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

Trapper and Wraith should get a cooldown too 😑

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

Guys.. Guys..

They clearly mean the cool downs like on the RBTs..

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

@Masantonio

Plague,Pig,Trapper;Doctor,etc.......

Then they do something wrong.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

If this is the case, the Nurse should be reverted back to her godlier version, since Hillbilly is broken as hell from a balance standpoint.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

No way, please don't ask any more nerfs for killers, all of them are fine (most need buffs). Hillybilly is completely fine, you see many players able to win against Hilly Billy, Nurse, Spirit, and many other killers. they are not overpowered, learn how to play.

• BillyBoiMain
    BillyBoiMain Member Posts: 164

No, oh please god no.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

No, you should get good at looping.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

So you think Freddy should be able to infinitely teleport? Should Spirit also be able to infinitely phasewalk? @OP Billy is fine.

• CoffengMin
    CoffengMin Member Posts: 862

im against it too but doesnt spirit have the same? and shes high/top tier too?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

Um, how about no?

It's pretty much universally accepted now that Spirit and Nurse are stronger than Billy. And depending on the person, some find Huntress stronger than him as well (and I'm a much better Doc than a Billy myself)

• Bludge23
    Bludge23 Member Posts: 234

I agree that he should have a cooldown. He shouldn't be able to have a one hit down move while being able to move around the map with that mobility while also having 4.6 ms

• Bludge23
    Bludge23 Member Posts: 234

I disagree that spirit is stronger than hillbilly

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I suggest that you start playing Hillbilly yourself and try to climb the ranks with him. It will change your view on things, trust me.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

Why did they remove downvotes again?

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530

Billy is fine imp (survivor main)

• Nyder5
    Nyder5 Member Posts: 3

No he don't need cooldown, you need to learn how to loop him.

People need to stop searching for free wins and challenge themselves and learn the game. If you don't like that go play a single player game with cheats that allow you to do wtv you want.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

The only thing I would change about HB is to make the chainsaw hitbox narrower because currently even a mokey can use it, but aside from that he's kinda fine.

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148

Im having a streak of games ending in 2 seconds with that build :D

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Next thing you're gonna tell me is Leatherface's Chainsaw breaks is he hits a wall or misses, then he drops his hammer and has to find it like it's the hatch otherwise he can't attack.

• MegsAreEvil
    MegsAreEvil Member Posts: 819

There needs to be a downside for his mobility, like the longer he uses his chainsaw the longer will be the next charge up. atm its just unfair.

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

he 100% does need a cooldown on his chainsaw but they need to fix a multitude of broken OP survivor perks first (ds,bt,dh,adrenaline)

• BackByDaylight
    BackByDaylight Member Posts: 92

Trying to break Billy already and just got started why does he need a cool down all of a sudden after 3 years ? Doesn't make since

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Is this one of those brillant ideas survivors accuse us killers of lobbying against?

He has a cooldown, forced forward movement and reduced steering.

Leave the old killers alone, the devs are already creating trashy newer ones for you

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    edited July 2019

Bruh! For real dude ...... the trapper should have to wait at least 60 seconds after he sets a trap and imo what would make it completely balanced is that the noise of a trap being set should a notification and be loud enough where a survivor within 40 meters can hear him set the trap... wraith... just revert the burn changes and its balanced

• Just_Playing
    Just_Playing Member Posts: 156

Maybe we should focus on the real problems right now like the second chance perks from the survivers and the loops and not on billy.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

There's a simple answer to this: he should not.

• Dr_Trauts
    Dr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

No he shouldm't. Just loop him like every other killer. its really not all that difficult

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

The only change he needs its hes addons like the insta chainsaw those needs a rework and most of hes addons should also make a full rework but hes power dosent need to change

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

He technically has a cooldown already. He's balanced. It's really easy to juke them.

• Ember_Hunter
    Ember_Hunter Member Posts: 1,693

Any cooldown on chainsaw bros would be stupid and unnecessary tbh. They have all the time to prepare before trial lorewise, so yeah. Huntress has limited Hatchets because you can't carry so many.

• limierr
    limierr Member Posts: 174

=> Cooldown associated after he end his animation or hit a survivor.

=> Cooldown associated to the charge of the chainsaw

=> cooldown associated to the fact of hiting an object

As there is already three cooldown i would say no.

• PiedPiper365
    PiedPiper365 Member Posts: 231

Definitely not, the hillbilly been my main for some time now and honestly it being difficult to control is enough

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Nurse and Huntress are weaker on Console, so you do find more billies as a survivor.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited August 2019

you know nurse was like 105% movespeed or something and had 3 blinks at base when she came out right? Like there is no comparison between nurse who doesnt care about looping and billy who has to run in circles until the pallet drops.

• lunaticlifter
    lunaticlifter Member Posts: 426
    edited August 2019

Imho until some months ago i tought Billy was op... i started to play survivor much more, and got good, so i understood why he is balanced, i also starting to play him alot with no ruin or add ons at red ranks. Basically billy punishes your bad postion, if you are in a dead zone, you are dead. You hate billy? Run sprint burst, perfect counter to this. Learn to loop, unless instachainsaw you'll be fine. If the billy is good and tries to curve a lot, you can counter this by not being greedy, or change direction at the right moment